non-blacks with dreads. yes or no?

Originally Posted by CJ863

jesus christ
smh.gif
What you did there, I see. Clever sir.

when done right anything can look good,
btw this isnt me just a friend that inspired me to get some locks,
im not white either but his are real nice

the trick is back combing and crotchet needle.

n15612720_36094349_8543.jpg

n15612720_36875086_6635708.jpg

If Whites can't do dreads then Black folks gotta stop with all the straightener.

Originally Posted by jermz101

Funny thing is that white people with dreads can comb them out
Anytime they want....to answer the question though NO, it just looks
Bad
You couldn't be more wrong. Them things gotta be shaved out no matter whose head they are on.

I had mine for about 18 months and Im white. I actually wouldnt have cut them completely, just trim them a bit, but it was getting too hot and I had too manybasketball practices and other things going on, so I wouldnt have much time to take care of them like I used to. And I used to really take care of them, cuz Ididnt want that dirty look.

Picture was taken after about 12 hours of travel, so I edited the face, cuz I was looking mad tired. Dreads werent the best looking then either, but you shouldget the point how well kept mine were.

3636878548_11db877384.jpg

I still miss my dreads sometimes, cuz I really got used to them and probably wouldnt cut them if only I had more time to take care of them back then.

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

If Whites can't do dreads then Black folks gotta stop with all the straightener.

Bad
You couldn't be more wrong. Them things gotta be shaved out no matter whose head they are on.
there are youtube vids of people taking out their locks without cutting it. lots of time, water, conditioner and a sharp tool is needed

Originally Posted by oidreez

Bad
there are youtube vids of people taking out their locks without cutting it. lots of time, water, conditioner and a sharp tool is needed

rather just shave my head and stay with the fresh line up, if you gotta cut your dreads no point in havin long hair
smokin.gif

Again this thread isn't about whether white ppl can do it or not. It''s not about whether ornon-blacks can do it or not. It's basically a fashion question on whether non-blacks look good with it or not.

This thread really shouldn't be this long. You got ppl playing the race card and then more ignorant ppl claiming all dreads and ppl with dreads stink andare dirty
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ReRetroMe

when done right anything can look good,
btw this isnt me just a friend that inspired me to get some locks,
im not white either but his are real nice

the trick is back combing and crotchet needle.

n15612720_36094349_8543.jpg

n15612720_36875086_6635708.jpg
This dudes dreads look clean.

It's basically a fashion question on whether non-blacks look good with it or not.
and just like blacks...depends on the person.
just b/c you CAN dred your hair easily...doesn't mean you should.

Originally Posted by Redrum SB

Originally Posted by oidreez
pimp.gif

I concur
pimp.gif

But really though it all depends on how they rock it. Ive seen people with dreads that looked straight nasty black and non black people. And i have seenpeople with dreads where it looks good. Again black and non black people.

I remember there was this one mexican drug dealer dude who used to go to my neighbors house to slang to them and his dreads with long as hell and looked cool. So its whatever.

when it comes to style there should never be any boundries within cultures or races, thats just plain stupid if you play the race card for everything. Dreadsare really all about maintenance and that first step, if done well they can look great, if you just matte them together with some "wax" then yourpretty much screwed

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

It's basically a fashion question on whether non-blacks look good with it or not.
and just like blacks...depends on the person.
just b/c you CAN dred your hair easily...doesn't mean you should.
Yea, it's what I said when this thread started and was actually rational.

It kinda irks me when people say they're "dreading" their hair. I prefer "locking".

Just a pet peeve, not trying to reign over anyone who uses the term.

Originally Posted by mFury

Obviously it's their choice, but I always thought that non-blacks with dreads looked dirty and weird. Like, the texture of their hair isn't suitable for it.

they look dirty on everyone
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ballin all day

I had mine for about 18 months and Im white. I actually wouldnt have cut them completely, just trim them a bit, but it was getting too hot and I had too many basketball practices and other things going on, so I wouldnt have much time to take care of them like I used to. And I used to really take care of them, cuz I didnt want that dirty look.

Picture was taken after about 12 hours of travel, so I edited the face, cuz I was looking mad tired. Dreads werent the best looking then either, but you should get the point how well kept mine were.

3636878548_11db877384.jpg

I still miss my dreads sometimes, cuz I really got used to them and probably wouldnt cut them if only I had more time to take care of them back then.
those are pretty well maintained, except they look a little to thick for my taste, and i dont mess with thoose loose baby hairs shouldve stuckthem in somewhere

i think locks are sexy. i remember this asian guy used to come into my old job and he had some beautiful locks. first time i saw it on an asian dude, and hewas
devil.gif

Originally Posted by AngeLeeLee

Originally Posted by mFury

Obviously it's their choice, but I always thought that non-blacks with dreads looked dirty and weird. Like, the texture of their hair isn't suitable for it.

they look dirty on everyone
laugh.gif

your opinion is useless

Back
Top Bottom