non-blacks with dreads. yes or no?

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Race is irrelevant. Who cares? Get them if you like them.
It's actually relevant.

We are discussing a hairstyle that is designed for people with tightly curled oily textured hair which is a trait found in people of African descent.

A hairstyle which individuals with straight hair have attempted to bastardize. Square peg, round hole. There is a reason why their dreads take months to lock up. There is a reason why their hair can not hold braids very well. Genetics, plain and simple.
Caesar rocked a caesar and last I checked that man was of European descent, not African. Looks like the African descent people didn't get the memo? Square peg, round hole.
grin.gif
You really think a black man can't pull off a caesar compared to a white dude rockin dreads? This thread really comes down to whether or notit's a good look, not if a non-black is able to rock dreads and yall know that.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

It's actually relevant.

We are discussing a hairstyle that is designed for people with tightly curled oily textured hair which is a trait found in people of African descent.

A hairstyle which individuals with straight hair have attempted to bastardize. Square peg, round hole. There is a reason why their dreads take months to lock up. There is a reason why their hair can not hold braids very well. Genetics, plain and simple.
Caesar rocked a caesar and last I checked that man was of European descent, not African. Looks like the African descent people didn't get the memo? Square peg, round hole.
grin.gif

lulz.
Well Played
grin.gif
apples and oranges (which im sure/hope you know) and additionally, that joke wasn't even funny, sir.

It's actually relevant.

roll.gif
please. if dreadlocks could not be formed from "white" hair that would be one thing, but they can. so why are you bringing race into the discussion?
See my reasoning to stop these idiotic race threads, *!%% sakes

Originally Posted by Master Zik

It's actually relevant.

grin.gif
You really think a black man can't pull off a caesar compared to a white dude rockin dreads? This thread really comes down to whether or not it's a good look not if a non-black is able to rock dreads and yall know that.

It was about that until TIDG came in here spewing racist nonsense.

The white women I've seen pull it off
And the whit men ive seen with dark hair seem to fit the style a lil more than the blondes in my eyes.

Dreads since 07
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

It's actually relevant.

roll.gif
please. if dreadlocks could not be formed from "white" hair that would be one thing, but they can. so why are you bringing race into the discussion?
race is directly correlated with grade of hair. grade of hair is directly correlated with how well dreadlocks "lock". how well dreadlocks "lock is directly correlated with how dreadlocks look. how well dreadlocks look is directly correlated to the reason this post was created. im pretty sure OP is not asking whether or not dreads can be formed seeing as though he alluded to seeing people of different descents rocking them, but I think he was rather asking about the quality? look? aesthetics?

You must not have read "ThrowedInDaGame's" post. I was replying to that. He claims white people who have dreadlocks are "bastardizing" the hairstyle and that they shouldn't wear them.
ahh. ur right sir. well yea i def read over the whole bastardizing thing. i wont go that far or even formulate an opinion on that, however thewhole race not being relevant to OP's question def isnt true tho.

It's actually relevant.

You sound crazy......my hair is far from nappy...took me almost a year to lock up....I'm black....and you know what else damien marly hair is not nappyeither...his dreads is down his back....my best friend got the same kind of hair as me he has dreads...he's black....so it's not relevant

Northparkblind:

Get out of that hick town, you live in. Not everybody with locs are disgusting.

Im locs are far from dirty and nasty.

laugh.gif
@ posting Jack Sparrow, cuz pirates had the best hairstyles.They're also well known for their fashion and hygiene

Dirty the guy you posted reminded me of
TyrAnasaziFull.jpg

Tyr Anasazi. These scifis stay with the token black guy with dreads. Dude you posted got the complexion of a mixed brother, same as Bob Marley for the mostpart
laugh.gif

To all the dreadlock haters
indifferent.gif
Guess yall wouldn't smash Ms.Hill back in the 90s

Funny thing is that white people with dreads can comb them out
Anytime they want....to answer the question though NO, it just looks
Bad

Back
Top Bottom