non-blacks with dreads. yes or no?

Generally, no but it reall is a person to person case. I've met and seen a good amount of sexy %!$ women who weren't black that had dreads, big oldreadlocks, etc.

ExpertImg124.png

this dude (trainer from the nuggets) may literally the only non black person with a set of dreads that aint look like straight garbage to me. his joints becleaner than a lot of black people's actually

It depends on hair texture. Straight hair into dreads isn't a good look. My hair is nappy as hell so, it looks better in dreads.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Race is irrelevant. Who cares? Get them if you like them.
It's actually relevant.

We are discussing a hairstyle that is designed for people with tightly curled oily textured hair which is a traitfound in people of African descent.

A hairstyle which individuals with straight hair have attempted to bastardize. Square peg, round hole. There is a reason why their dreads take months to lockup. There is a reason why their hair can not hold braids very well. Genetics, plain and simple.

hmm...

so far:

1. race is DEFINATELY relevant.
2. dont wear a cowboy hat with dreads
3. if i dont like em cut em off
4. jesus christ had dreads

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

It's actually relevant.

We are discussing a hairstyle that is designed for people with tightly curled oily textured hair which is a trait found in people of African descent.

A hairstyle which individuals with straight hair have attempted to bastardize. Square peg, round hole. There is a reason why their dreads take months to lock up. There is a reason why their hair can not hold braids very well. Genetics, plain and simple.

roll.gif
please. if dreadlocks could not be formed from "white" hair that would be one thing, but they can. so why are you bringing race into thediscussion?

It's actually relevant.

We are discussing a hairstyle that is designed for people with tightly curled oily textured hair which is a trait found in people of African descent.

A hairstyle which individuals with straight hair have attempted to bastardize. Square peg, round hole. There is a reason why their dreads take months to lock up. There is a reason why their hair can not hold braids very well. Genetics, plain and simple.
Caesar rocked a caesar and last I checked that man was of European descent, not African. Looks like the African descent people didn't get thememo? Square peg, round hole.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

It's actually relevant.

Caesar rocked a caesar and last I checked that man was of European descent, not African. Looks like the African descent people didn't get the memo? Square peg, round hole.
grin.gif

lulz.
Well Played, sir.

It's actually relevant.

roll.gif
please. if dreadlocks could not be formed from "white" hair that would be one thing, but they can. so why are you bringing race into the discussion?
race is directly correlated with grade of hair. grade of hair is directly correlated with how well dreadlocks "lock". how welldreadlocks "lock is directly correlated with how dreadlocks look. how well dreadlocks look is directly correlated to the reason this post was created. im pretty sure OP is not asking whether or not dreads can be formed seeing as though he alluded to seeing people of different descents rocking them, but Ithink he was rather asking about the quality? look? aesthetics?

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

It's actually relevant.

roll.gif
please. if dreadlocks could not be formed from "white" hair that would be one thing, but they can. so why are you bringing race into the discussion?
race is directly correlated with grade of hair. grade of hair is directly correlated with how well dreadlocks "lock". how well dreadlocks "lock is directly correlated with how dreadlocks look. how well dreadlocks look is directly correlated to the reason this post was created. im pretty sure OP is not asking whether or not dreads can be formed seeing as though he alluded to seeing people of different descents rocking them, but I think he was rather asking about the quality? look? aesthetics?

You must not have read "ThrowedInDaGame's" post. I was replying to that. He claims white people who have dreadlocks are "bastardizing"the hairstyle and that they shouldn't wear them.

Back
Top Bottom