Noah and His Age.

Its interesting how prayer and the Bible have been taken away from school's and is incredibly socially unacceptable (ironic, because if homosexuality, or toting around the Quran got you in trouble, that would be a hate crime)

yet both (and religion in general) are encouraged in jails and prisons.

:rolleyes

Give me a break dude. Is this one of those 'war on Christianity' things? How do you 'take away' homosexuality?

Last edited by a moderator:
He who doesn't believe in The Lord will get struck by lighting

is someone born in China or the Middle East who has only ever been exposed to Buddhism or Hinduism gonna go to hell or get struck by lightning?​

when they say 900 years and so, I always thought it was according to another calendar... or am I wrong?

also, my favorite song  
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Christian checking in..

KJV only btw...
nthat.gif

I RARELY discuss religion on NT cuz I generally only discuss and debate my faith with people who are interested, care, etc.

I will say this about the Bible...

Its interesting how prayer and the Bible have been taken away from school's and is incredibly socially unacceptable (ironic, because if homosexuality, or toting around the Quran got you in trouble, that would be a hate crime)

yet both (and religion in general) are encouraged in jails and prisons.

eyes.gif
Considering how many openly Christian politicians there are that attempt to pass legislation based on their beliefs, I really have no idea what you're talking about. Christians are the majority. 

Mane Kindle Best Selling authors get grilled more than the Bible. We just suppose to accept it and all of its contradictions because someone convinced the world that Apostle Paul's letters and the elder Jews scrolls are teflon.

So you're saying Christians aren't perfect. What else is new. There are many Christians who do fast. There are many Christians who do avoid alcohol/smoking, pork, etc

God rested on the 7th day. Yea he went to sleep in his bed and set his alarm clock. Be serious. You can take rested to mean he stopped working.

I've never met a Christian that didn't drink because of religious beliefs or didn't consume port or fast because of religious beliefs. Sure some do and that's awesome. I haven't met one.

Whether he rested for .00000000000000001 seconds or no, the word rested means a time period. If your god is almighty why was the word rested used in the bible? Or yea that's right the bible is interpretive so it could mean anything. Neato

They cling to whatever helps them make it through the time. Faith is one of those things.

I feel it man. A lot of people find religion and faith locked up. I just think its a shame that clinging to religion, faith, the Bible, etc (Christianity in particular) outside of tragedy has become so taboo.

Give me a break dude. Is this one of those 'war on Christianity' things? How do you 'take away' homosexuality?

#1 - pointing out an irony i have observed is not a 'war on Christianity' thing. Just simply a statement that is true. In high school I was asked to "hide" my Bible (I kept a pocket sized New Testament in my back pocket and it seemed to have fallen out between sitting down and getting up. (Never have, nor do I ever intend on imposing my beliefs on someone who is not interested) It was by the chair leg I was sitting at and it was 'offending' (again, this was not my intention) another student who was some other religion, belief, or what ever.

I would also frequently pray / meditate quietly to myself between periods, especially if I didn't have any of my dudes in that class. Just chillin in my seat, hands together, eyes closed, and a slight bow. Multiple time's i was asked not to pray at school by teachers as to not offend any of the other students. Of course, I followed their instruction... I do not wish to offend people.

My point in the irony of it all is that when the times aren't tough... i.e. being a high school kid, activities such as reading the Bible and prayer are discouraged and that is not considered being singled out, hate crime, etc. Yet when times are tough, i.e someone winds up in jail, the vary activities that were once discouraged, now become encouraged.

#2 - perhaps you misunderstood my use of getting in trouble of homosexuality. I didn't mean for it to be "taken away", nor did i use that verbiage. I simply meant if a homosexual were to be asked to "hide" their love for each other, it would be considered a hate crime the same way asking a Muslim to hid their religious book, etc.

Considering how many openly Christian politicians there are that attempt to pass legislation based on their beliefs, I really have no idea what you're talking about. Christians are the majority. 

Well our constitution is founded on biblical principals...

Our nation has historically been considered a Christian nation

Although this nation is also built around religious freedom in general.

What I'm talking about is the irony I have found from my own experiences w/ being singled out for doing things such as praying at school and having a Bible in the open.

---------

I honestly didn't mean to thread jack like this.

Sorry, OP.

this is as good a thread as ever to ask,

Would black people believe in Christianity if their ancestor's masters didn't?

[emoji]128064[/emoji]​

I actually started a small discussion about this in a thread a few months back. Consensus was that Christianity in general probably wouldn't have spread the way it did to other cultures without the force used to do so.​

"They laughed at your clothes; and made you change your clothes, they laughed at your names; and made you change your names; but most importantly they laughed at your God; and made you change your God." - John Henrik Clarke

used to throw this at my family when they came at me about my belief system..

I don't really discuss religion with folks because I'm bound to rustle a lot of jimmies with my beliefs/opinions. If they wanna believe in fairy tales and it makes them happy let them do so.

[COLOR=#red]Looking forward to the day when you clowns are being destroyed [/COLOR]:rofl: :rofl:

Proverbs 1:22-33
King James Version (KJV)
22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:

26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:

29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord:

30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.

31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.

32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.

33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

:pimp:[COLOR=#red] Its coming soon, bring on the Martial Law and total breakdown of society already!![/COLOR] :smh:

Last edited:
Hilarious how the descendants of people that were slaughtered, tortured, enslaved, and forced to follow Christianity (only so that European nations could justify robbing them of everything, of course) are the biggest defenders of the faith. Latinos, African Americans, Filipinos, etc . Meanwhile atheism is at an all time high in the countries that promoted Christianity in the first place :lol: :smh:

[COLOR=#red]Looking forward to the day when you clowns are being destroyed [/COLOR]:rofl: :rofl:

King James Version (KJV)
22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:

31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.

32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.

33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

:pimp:[COLOR=#red] Its coming soon, bring on the Martial Law and total breakdown of society already!![/COLOR] :smh:

How come people like you quote this bull @#$% like it's been around since the beginning of mankind?

Belief in a higher power is one thing (I don't believe, but have nothing against those who do), but idiots like you who think that their beliefs are the law for the entire human race are worthless human beings

Last edited:
Hilarious how the descendants of people that were slaughtered, tortured, enslaved, and forced to follow Christianity (only so that European nations could justify robbing them of everything, of course) are the biggest defenders of the faith. Latinos, African Americans, Filipinos, etc . Meanwhile atheism is at an all time high in the countries that promoted Christianity in the first place :lol: :smh:

I agree but cultural assimilation didn't help. It's pretty hard not to when a lot of the histories,traditions,beliefs and identities of those cultures from the past,were wiped off from the history books so it's understandable.

Last edited:
how did they compartmentalize all those animals/insects/reptiles? Feed them, allow them to exercise and prevent them from eating each other? That's all I want to know

Looking forward to the day when you clowns are being destroyed
roll.gif
roll.gif

King James Version (KJV)

pimp.gif
Its coming soon, bring on the Martial Law and total breakdown of society already!!
mean.gif
Someone needs a hug. 

Last edited:
how did they compartmentalize all those animals/insects/reptiles? Feed them, allow them to exercise and prevent them from eating each other? That's all I want to know

You don't need to know.

You just need to believe it happened.

**** everything that is logical and "makes sense." Faith will carry you.

Back
Top Bottom