No pay, no spray: Firefighters let home burn.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

thing is.. those blaming the firefighters... don't you think they would have lost their jobs if they went against policy?...thus end up losing their possessions?

game. set. match.

the house that was lost will be covered by insurance.

if the Firefighters had gone against policy, they wouldve lost their jobs.... and theres no insurance for that.

interesting...
Mangu-Ward also points out that the family in question had failed to pay its fee three years ago and had a chimney fire put out by the same FD.
source: http://reason.com/blog/20...-burn-or-not-fulton-fire

Methinks he definitely did not "forget" to pay the bill

if this is true, it changes the situation and I can fully understand why they wouldn't put out his fire this time. But he was probably thinking, hey, if they put out my fire when I didn't pay the fee, why should I pay the fee to begin with? It's unfortunate that they lost their house, but they took the gamble that they wouldn't have a house fire again.

But either way, they should just be forced to pay for it, no matter what and things like this wouldn't happen. And if they don't, they should charge $7500 for people who don't pay and need firefighting services.

even more....
Besides when Cranick’s son’s place caught fire in the last couple of years, the department put it out despite the Cranicks’ lack of coverage. They billed the Cranicks later who never made right with restitution. Yeah, the fire department contacted the Cranicks by mail and phone to tell them they needed to pay, but what lengths did they expect the Cranicks go in order to insure their house and worldly belongings were safe?

“I just haven’t gotten around to it (this year),

Rules are Rules. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me"
They were prolly waiting for someone to call, that ALREADY got a pass, to let them know they won't be helping.
Its an annual fee, not a saving your property fee. What if he had avoided the tax for 10 years, then this happened?? He is just supposed to get off for 75 bucks.
This was offered to the community, not forced upon them. When you deny insurance on something at the store, can you take it back if something happens?? No, whats the difference.

even more....
Besides when Cranick’s son’s place caught fire in the last couple of years, the department put it out despite the Cranicks’ lack of coverage. They billed the Cranicks later who never made right with restitution. Yeah, the fire department contacted the Cranicks by mail and phone to tell them they needed to pay, but what lengths did they expect the Cranicks go in order to insure their house and worldly belongings were safe?

“I just haven’t gotten around to it (this year),

Back
Top Bottom