No hats in the gym? What's the point? vol. St. John's....

I dunno if this is still the policy at St. John's, but they had a rule in the fitness center back in the day where you couldn't wear hats while workingout. I really didn't care because I never worked out w. a hat, but what do you think the rationale was behind that rule? Any other schools do this?

i hate people who work out with a hat... wth is the point.

especially the ones who come in with cologne on and brand new clothes.. bench press for 2 hours curl for another and leave..

i am a bb'er in that matters..

Originally Posted by QueensFinest101

especially the ones who come in with cologne on and brand new clothes.. bench press for 2 hours curl for another and leave..

why hate on people for working out with a hat on? That's SO insignificant in the grand scheme of things....

laugh.gif
there's some weird underground, deep hatred for hats by some people/places.

I don't get it - like, i've heard of strip clubs not letting you wear hats...
laugh.gif
reminds me of the Chappelle bit - "it's disrespectful tothe ladies"

Originally Posted by Proshares

They've never stopped me and I go in there with my hat every time...
they were real sticklers about not having folks wear hats when I was there...I finished up in 05', and that was the policy then....

it was weird
laugh.gif

I wear a hat whenever I go to the YMCA. It keeps the sweat from dripping down my eyes and I really don't like to go anywhere with my hair all messed up. Itdoesn't affect me whatsoever

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Proshares

They've never stopped me and I go in there with my hat every time...
they were real sticklers about not having folks wear hats when I was there...I finished up in 05', and that was the policy then....

it was weird
laugh.gif

People look at me weird when I have the hat on but that's about it. Maybe they did try to stop me but I always got the headphones on so I wouldn'tknow
laugh.gif

Some of them have some inbred hatred of hats that aren't fitteds. Started the year you finished.

most places dont allow hats because its easier to hide your face from the cameras.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

why hate on people for working out with a hat on? That's SO insignificant in the grand scheme of things....

Right? lol.

Looks like you're trying too hard. (this applies only to the guys wearing fitteds for completely no other reason than to think it makes them look better)

But hey, do you!

If you can wear a hat when you're in the gym then you're not working hard enough. Just like the people I see on the treadmill in a hoodie. Just dumb.

Originally Posted by kdawg

If you can wear a hat when you're in the gym then you're not working hard enough. Just like the people I see on the treadmill in a hoodie. Just dumb.
What kind of %%% backwards logic is that?
laugh.gif
roll.gif

8ea3607d105f46e99c38330628e5e891.jpg

If you're in a hoodie on the treadmill usually that's because the person wants to burn as many calories as possible...TOTALLY normal.

Also, please explain how you equate someone wearing a hat to not working hard enough....

Originally Posted by kdawg

?

i am a bb'er in if that matters..
nah it don't... you just mad.

that rule is some bull *$%+ though
smh.gif

Aright, that's pretty easy.

The temperature you are at has nothing to do with how many calories you are expending - sure if you're sweating more you're probably working harder -but not if you're wearing 4 layers - you'll just sweat at a lower intensity of exercise.

A high proportion of body heat is lost through your head so if you wear a hat again you will get hot at a lower intensity of exercise - and if your bodycan't get rid of the heat then it can't work as hard. Without a head covering you would be able to exercise at a higher intensity without overheating.

Pretty obvious if you know anything about the human body.

You sound like one of those guys who just indirectly looks at other people work out in the mirror. How does any of that stuff effect your workout?

Back
Top Bottom