No hats in the gym? What's the point? vol. St. John's....

Originally Posted by kdawg

Aright, that's pretty easy.

The temperature you are at has nothing to do with how many calories you are expending - sure if you're sweating more you're probably working harder - but not if you're wearing 4 layers - you'll just sweat at a lower intensity of exercise.

A high proportion of body heat is lost through your head so if you wear a hat again you will get hot at a lower intensity of exercise - and if your body can't get rid of the heat then it can't work as hard. Without a head covering you would be able to exercise at a higher intensity without overheating.

Pretty obvious if you know anything about the human body.
I can lift the same amount of weight with the same amount of reps (if not more) with or without a hat.
It doesn't really matter. Only thing that's different is I sweat a lot more and that doesn't really seem to change anything about my workout.

hats in the gym? who really cares? I used to wear one when my hair was longer....sometimes you dont wanna do nothing with your hair and you dont wanna go outlooking like a total bum. Totally exceptable to wear a hat to the gym in my opinion.

don't really see why they would make that a rule. there's this dude at the gym i go to, who ALWAYS wears a hat. he took it off one time and i was likedamn, now i see why. he got that ginobili bald spot.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

If you can wear a hat when you're in the gym then you're not working hard enough. Just like the people I see on the treadmill in a hoodie. Just dumb.
What kind of %%% backwards logic is that?
laugh.gif
roll.gif

8ea3607d105f46e99c38330628e5e891.jpg

If you're in a hoodie on the treadmill usually that's because the person wants to burn as many calories as possible...TOTALLY normal.

Also, please explain how you equate someone wearing a hat to not working hard enough....

Wearing a hoody doesn't help you burn calories quicker, it just dehydrates you because you sweat more.

Originally Posted by raptors29

If you can wear a hat when you're in the gym then you're not working hard enough. Just like the people I see on the treadmill in a hoodie. Just dumb.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

If you're in a hoodie on the treadmill usually that's because the person wants to burn as many calories as possible...TOTALLY normal.

Also, please explain how you equate someone wearing a hat to not working hard enough....

Wearing a hoody doesn't help you burn calories quicker, it just dehydrates you because you sweat more.

You didn't know? Not wearing a hat adds 20lbs to your bench press

The temperature you are at has nothing to do with how many calories you are expending - sure if you're sweating more you're probably working harder - but not if you're wearing 4 layers - you'll just sweat at a lower intensity of exercise.

A high proportion of body heat is lost through your head so if you wear a hat again you will get hot at a lower intensity of exercise - and if your body can't get rid of the heat then it can't work as hard. Without a head covering you would be able to exercise at a higher intensity without overheating.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

lmfaooo K-Dawg is those guys at the gym who when u work out, u catch them staring at you in the mirror lmao.. j/p

But...umm...

I dont kno why people work out with fitteds... i see this al the time.... guys who have normal hair wear fitteds all low and $#%*.. i just mind my business andall... but yeah those are the same guys who bench press everyday, and do curls every day.. and abs.... and the same guy who does curls at the squat rack, whenim waiting to do squats or deadlifts.....
devil.gif
gets me pissed.

Dawg... you gotta be kidding me. There's just no way........

People wear hoodies to sweat more, losing more water weight. Then you rehydrate but the difference now is your body is used to losing and gaining water so itholds on to less of it... making you thinner.

In short, the more you sweat, the less likely you are to RETAIN water weight. 101 stuff man, really.

In all honesty..I think if you are really concerned about yourself and focusing on your workout NOTHING around you should cause you any concern unless it'sdirectly effecting your workout. You really annoyed with someone wearing a hat to the gym?
laugh.gif
. That some female %*!+.

I never understood peoples problems with hats... I wear a hat everyday almost.... taking your hat off during the national anthem, taking it off in a gym? backin school we couldnt... I dont care why people care so much or get bothered by what someone else has on their head

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Dawg... you gotta be kidding me. There's just no way........

People wear hoodies to sweat more, losing more water weight. Then you rehydrate but the difference now is your body is used to losing and gaining water so it holds on to less of it... making you thinner.

In short, the more you sweat, the less likely you are to RETAIN water weight. 101 stuff man, really.

while i'm by no means an expert, I think you both make valid points that sort've cancel each other out.

At the end of the day, the benefits or losses of wearing or not wearing a hat and/or hoodie are completely minimal at best, and probably dependent on theperson, type of workout, type of hat or hoodie, and a bunch of other meaningless, trite !!$@*!#+.

Why are we really going at this so hard, is the better question? who cares...
laugh.gif
tired.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That's too induce more heat so that they will sweat more thus losing more weight. Just like when I played football and they made the fat dudes run withtrash bags and extra layers on so that they could make weight for the next game.

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

laugh.gif
never argue with broscientists

Um.....I dont quite understand and I read your explanation as well, it seems odd lol

Originally Posted by raptors29

laugh.gif
roll.gif

bottom line it helps you lose weight.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

yea STJ isnt like that anymore...

Old man DJ's can be at ease now
laugh.gif

And when I say I wear a hat to the gym I'm not talking about a $*!$@%% fitted
laugh.gif

bottom line it helps you lose weight.

water weight. you ever watch those wrestlers in high school pull that *%!% to make weight? they're up 10 pounds from where they weighed in by match time.
laugh.gif

Brother got VOCAB!

Theres so much backward logic and hate towards thing so irrelavant to themeselves it's laughable.

I don't wear a hat when I got work out, but I see people that do and it doesn't phase me, why would it?

Back
Top Bottom