No hats in the gym? What's the point? vol. St. John's....

lets go thunderburds...
laugh.gif
(inside joke)

Well, I'm off to the gym now...there's a BB dude who usually works out at this time w. a du-rag on...

I'm going to tell him to take it off because he'll have a better lift.

Peace.

Old man DJ's can be at ease now

*whew*

laugh.gif

i always wear a cap or beanie in the gym....a lot of people do........im not talking about a 59/50 new era either....but i gotta feelin i came in this threadtoo late.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

i always wear a cap or beanie in the gym....a lot of people do........im not talking about a 59/50 new era either....but i gotta feelin i came in this thread too late.

imma bump this cause u my dude....

Lurkin...u feel like you could get more out of your workout if u didn't wear a cap or beanie?
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by kdawg

Aright, that's pretty easy.

The temperature you are at has nothing to do with how many calories you are expending - sure if you're sweating more you're probably working harder - but not if you're wearing 4 layers - you'll just sweat at a lower intensity of exercise.

A high proportion of body heat is lost through your head so if you wear a hat again you will get hot at a lower intensity of exercise - and if your body can't get rid of the heat then it can't work as hard. Without a head covering you would be able to exercise at a higher intensity without overheating.

Pretty obvious if you know anything about the human body.
Dawg... you gotta be kidding me. There's just no way........

People wear hoodies to sweat more, losing more water weight. Then you rehydrate but the difference now is your body is used to losing and gaining water so it holds on to less of it... making you thinner.

In short, the more you sweat, the less likely you are to RETAIN water weight. 101 stuff man, really.
What is this 1973? Seriously? Are you one of those guys who says that you should practice training in a dehydrated state so that you performbetter in games like that? Or that you should not drink as you'll just sweat more? That stuff was all debunked years ago.

That's too induce more heat so that they will sweat more thus losing more weight. Just like when I played football and they made the fat dudes run with trash bags and extra layers on so that they could make weight for the next game.

But "making weight" has nothing to do with losing weight - Craftsy got it right saying that you are only losing water weight - that's fine ifyou're a wrestler and need to do a short term thing to make weight for a bout (where the term comes from) - but it's completely useless for actuallylosing bodyfat - which is what we are talking about.

You can't sweat fat out. Clothing doesn't help. Fact.

You're right, not gonna argue that. But people who work regularly hold less "water" than those who dont, which is a weight loss. It might not befat, but it is weight. When you loose this "water weight" you also appear thinner, leading people to believe that they have burned fat.

No hats
No Tank Tops
No du-rags
No Bandanas

I those standards were pretty common just about everywhere

Only place you could wear du-rags/skullies was in the old wayne densch athlete gym at school

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

If you can wear a hat when you're in the gym then you're not working hard enough. Just like the people I see on the treadmill in a hoodie. Just dumb.
What kind of %%% backwards logic is that?
laugh.gif
roll.gif

8ea3607d105f46e99c38330628e5e891.jpg

If you're in a hoodie on the treadmill usually that's because the person wants to burn as many calories as possible...TOTALLY normal.

Also, please explain how you equate someone wearing a hat to not working hard enough....
seriously.. dude wearing a hoody to make you sweat more will only cause you to lose water weight and dehydrate faster..

and its just not dedication.. none of the big guys in the gym wear hats, we come to workout.. not look pretty

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

No hats
No Tank Tops
No du-rags
No Bandanas

Only place you could wear du-rags/skullies was in the old wayne densch athlete gym at school

Wow. No tank tops at a gym? Really?

If you can wear a hat when you're in the gym then you're not working hard enough. Just like the people I see on the treadmill in a hoodie. Just dumb.
sick.gif
...i rock a hoodie to burn more calories

I run with a hoodie because I get hotter and sweat more. What's dumb about that?

It also blocks out my surroundings so I can zone out and focus more.

What's everyone position on sweatbands? I saw someone rocking one during the 5am hours. I like that. I couldn't rock it during peak hours.. but I likethe am thing. It could keep my head extra warm.

Thoughts?

Originally Posted by General Johnson

I run with a hoodie because I get hotter and sweat more. What's dumb about that?

If your intensely training and your body cannot dissipate heat because its trapped than you run the risk of dehydration, and some other thing thatoccurs when your body reaches 101 degrees or 102 degrees they also showed this could happen when people wear Quick-Dry shirts because it wicks the sweat offyou so fast that the body has to work harder / sweat more to maintain homestasis

Originally Posted by General Johnson

We've already been through this - fair enough if you want to use it to block surroundings but I'm not sure why you'd want to makeyourself hotter. You don't get a better workout - in fact, as I've said many times already you get a worse workout as your body is less efficient whenit's at a higher temperature - so you're exercising less hard but feeling hotter.

this mod needs his rights revoked for spewing out illogical information. Calories are a form of energy. You've heard of the conservation of energy right? energy can't be destroyed or created, only transferred. When people say they "burn" fat, they really mean their Calories got transferred into heat energy. The temperature you're at and how many joules of energy you are producing have everything to do with losing weight.

It's physics.

and the hat thing.... smh. not even going to go into it.

I've been laughing about this all day - wasn't going to bump the thread just for this but anyway.

(you do know I've got a degree in physics right?) It's not physics though - it's physiology. We're not in a vacuum here - we're notconserving energy. You're getting hot at a lower intensity of exercise so your body can't work as hard. It's the same heat - it's just eitherbeing kept in your by your extra clothing or being dispersed into the air around you. That's all. It's a pretty simple concept.

Originally Posted by QueensFinest101

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

What kind of %%% backwards logic is that?
laugh.gif
roll.gif

8ea3607d105f46e99c38330628e5e891.jpg

If you're in a hoodie on the treadmill usually that's because the person wants to burn as many calories as possible...TOTALLY normal.

Also, please explain how you equate someone wearing a hat to not working hard enough....
seriously.. dude wearing a hoody to make you sweat more will only cause you to lose water weight and dehydrate faster..

and its just not dedication.. none of the big guys in the gym wear hats, we come to workout.. not look pretty

You associate wearing a cap with being pretty?

StaXX wrote:
Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

No hats
No Tank Tops
No du-rags
No Bandanas

Wow. No tank tops at a gym? Really?
I'm guessing beaters...

Back
Top Bottom