No Gas Monday March 14th? Vol. Boycott

watch everybody boycott on monday, just to have gas prices go up on tuesday, since gas stations will know you need gas now.

watch everybody boycott on monday, just to have gas prices go up on tuesday, since gas stations will know you need gas now.

roll.gif
roll.gif
Some of y'all need to seriously look into taking classes on economics and personal finance.

Only way to really protest gas prices is to transition over to more fuel efficient cars, pursue alternatives to personal automobiles, overall reducing the dependence on oil. Older cars are cheap, but as you can see the cost of keeping and maintaining them really has you by the crotch when gas prices go up. You don't have to go all out and buy hybrids just yet, but getting something that uses less gas is a big start in that direction.

I push an '08 Honda Fit, I picked it specifically because it was a practical choice. Yeah it's slow (100 HP, but it handles and isn't that bad because of the suspension and it's light), but even driving around like an idiot (manual makes you do it sometimes) I can get 30+ MPG combined. If I'm driving normally I usually get around 35. And it takes about 9 gallons to fill it up, but I only have to do it about twice a month so I'm not really feeling the hit that bad at all. And I love the fact that I can fold down the back seats and turn it into a giant box.
pimp.gif

To save even more money, learn how to drive a manual. It's not that hard, you get a lot more control over your whip and get an overall better feel for it. Driving an automatic feels numb to me. Manual versions of cars are cheaper (my car was about 1k cheaper than the automatic version) and because you're directly controlling when you're shifting gears (automatics shift up and down all the time when you don't need to, burning more gas), you use less gas overall than automatic. Also, the transmission's got less moving parts and is simpler to repair than an automatic, making maintenance cheaper. Win all around.

Just my .02.

roll.gif
roll.gif
Some of y'all need to seriously look into taking classes on economics and personal finance.

Only way to really protest gas prices is to transition over to more fuel efficient cars, pursue alternatives to personal automobiles, overall reducing the dependence on oil. Older cars are cheap, but as you can see the cost of keeping and maintaining them really has you by the crotch when gas prices go up. You don't have to go all out and buy hybrids just yet, but getting something that uses less gas is a big start in that direction.

I push an '08 Honda Fit, I picked it specifically because it was a practical choice. Yeah it's slow (100 HP, but it handles and isn't that bad because of the suspension and it's light), but even driving around like an idiot (manual makes you do it sometimes) I can get 30+ MPG combined. If I'm driving normally I usually get around 35. And it takes about 9 gallons to fill it up, but I only have to do it about twice a month so I'm not really feeling the hit that bad at all. And I love the fact that I can fold down the back seats and turn it into a giant box.
pimp.gif

To save even more money, learn how to drive a manual. It's not that hard, you get a lot more control over your whip and get an overall better feel for it. Driving an automatic feels numb to me. Manual versions of cars are cheaper (my car was about 1k cheaper than the automatic version) and because you're directly controlling when you're shifting gears (automatics shift up and down all the time when you don't need to, burning more gas), you use less gas overall than automatic. Also, the transmission's got less moving parts and is simpler to repair than an automatic, making maintenance cheaper. Win all around.

Just my .02.

Back
Top Bottom