• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Out of curiosity, is there anyone in here who thinks BotW > TotK?

After almost 30 hours, I think this might be the best open world game that I’ve played.

I don’t think it is better but it isn’t really saying much. If that makes sense.

BoTW has a special place because it was so shockingly good to me. Kind of like GoW (2018) and GoW:R

^ I avoid combat. I think it’s easily the worst part of the game. Maybe it’s the button layout, idk, it doesn’t feel right to me.

^ I avoid combat. I think it’s easily the worst part of the game. Maybe it’s the button layout, idk, it doesn’t feel right to me.

The combat is interesting. It takes a while and has its own type of depth. You have to be willing to dive into it though.

What is it about the buttons? Always forget to cancel the two-handed weapon so that I can use the shield and get clapped.

It could very well be that I’m used to Souls, God of War etc. but attacking with a face button, blocking with ZL throws me off. The buttons for running and jumping being opposite of each other is also a terrible design choice, imo. I know Nintendo was first but I can’t help but feel like they do some things differently just for the sake of it.

attack - R
block - L
dodge - A

Give me something like that :lol:

I'll never forgive the Switch for inverting A and B relative to every other console in the history of video games.
Naw, we can't be mad at that. It was Sony of America that changed it because up until this generation, Sony games in Japan were using Circle as the confirm button and X/Cross as the cancel/go back button.

The first system to have the now industry standard "AB/XY" was the Dreamcast. Sega Genesis' 6 button controller was if you want to be technical, but they had the Z and C buttons as well. Original Nintendo and SNES both had the BA and BA/YX respectively.

Yeah I won’t fault Nintendo because they were first but I wish they’d change to mirror Xbox/PS.

I still haven't beat TP... despite owning it since the (delayed) GC version, which I sould when the Wii U version came out. I also haven't beat Wind Waker, Skyward Sword, Majoras Mask, BotW or TotK.

Probably some other smaller games I never beat too but... I still consider LttP to be Pinnacle of Zelda games so it's been a long time since I've really been blown away by a Zelda game. Ain't nothin hit harder yet than finally figuring out the most useless item in the game is what you need to beat who you think is the final boss... then teleporting to The Dark World for the first time and realizing you're only half way through the game! It just brings back too many childhood memories, but I know it's not just the nostalgia because every time I restart the game, like when I get an SNES mini it gives me to the same feeling. Also the music is awesome, and though I like the style of reminds like LA, I still think for a 2D Zelda game it still looks great and holds up well.

Agreed. ALttP is the GOAT. The music is so damn good. Another gripe I have with modern Zelda games. The music is basically nonexistent for majority of the games.

FINALLY got Majora's mask in Tears of the Kingdom (You have to defeat 5 lynels in a row, each getting harder). That **** was hard af. I know you can cheese it many ways with the Zonai devices (tutorial is all over Youtube) but I did it with just my sword, shield and arrow. Stocked up on like 20+ fairies and used almost all of them :smh: + my gear was fully upgraded to the max by the fairy fountain

What the hell am I supposed to be doing down in the depths? I’ve unlocked a few of the roots but what’s the point? Same goes for the sky islands or whatever they’re called.

What the hell am I supposed to be doing down in the depths? I’ve unlocked a few of the roots but what’s the point? Same goes for the sky islands or whatever they’re called.

Those Zonite ores are down there that you are suppose to farm up, so you can make them into crystals for either additional battery level upgrades AND/OR to use to buy more Zonite tech stuff to make more cool (weapons of mass destruction) Zonite devices for either travel or battle

Super excited.

20230525_115738.jpg

ToTK is great but I'm starting to be disappointed in some of the choices they made. For one, the story being able to be done out of order is garbage. Didn't work in BoTW and it doesn't work here. Better story than BoTW but hopefully they don't do this again. I'm not feeling how we get the same cutscene after every major boss battle either. Feels very lazy to me, after the first you could literally skip the rest and miss nothing. This last grip ain't a ToTK issue, more of a Zelda game issue. They need to add a postgame, I hate when I beat a game and then it just starts right before the boss like I never beat it. I don't even need a post-game, just save after the final fight. It makes the whole game feel pointless and makes me not want to fight the last boss. With all that said, I'm 100 hours in and been having way too much fun. Probably gonna finish it this weekend

Back
Top Bottom