• None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is brilliant

Has anyone ever thought of doing this?

I have a question about the gamepad. Does it truly power down or is it just in a sleep mode? When I hold down the power buttion it shuts off the wii U console and the gamepad screen goes black. I assumed it shut down but as soon as I press the home button the screen lights up right away, no powering up or anything. I just want to know if that is normal or if I'm doing something wrong.

I also powered off the wii u console manually by holding down the power buttion on the console itself. When I did this, the gamepad had a message saying it lost connection with the wii u.

Last edited:
I have a question about the gamepad. Does it truly power down or is it just in a sleep mode? When I hold down the power buttion it shuts off the wii U console and the gamepad screen goes black. I assumed it shut down but as soon as I press the home button the screen lights up right away, no powering up or anything. I just want to know if that is normal or if I'm doing something wrong.

I also powered off the wii u console manually by holding down the power buttion on the console itself. When I did this, the gamepad had a message saying it lost connection with the wii u.

No nothing is wrong. It powers down but it's also still kind've on. Some time the wii U will receive updates while the console and the game pad are off and the the home button on the game pad will be glowing on and off...kinda eerie but I remember the wii doing something similar as well.

The signal message happened because you turned off the console before the game pad. When you turn the console off through the pad it automatically shuts off but you'd also get the same error message of you went out of range with your game pad from the wii U, like if you went into a another room or outside while the console is on.

Thanks for the response I was just curious about that. I've had the gamepad in every room and so far the connection has been good.

Last edited:
Never really messed around much with nintendo online but how do i access the niketalk room? I've got MK8 and just lookin for some nters to play with once in a while. Feel free to add me my nick is caleb4god.

NINTENDO, WII U
NEW DIDDY KONG RACING 2 RUMOUR POPS UP ONLINE
JULY 10, 2014
The internet is no stranger to rumours and the latest one involves Diddy Kong Racing. The rumour states that both Retro Studios and Monster Games are currently working on Diddy Kong Racing 2. Nintendo was apparently set to show it E3, but decided against it as they thought it may damage sales of Mario Kart 8. As this Reddit thread has pointed out, the information comes from a blog created yesterday that is still using a wordpress.com domain. Take this all with a grain of salt.

Retro Studios and Monster Games have been collaborating on Diddy Kong Racing 2.
This is why Monster Games ported Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and worked with Retro Studios on DKC: Tropical Freeze.
Diddy Kong Racing 2 began as a prototype in 2006. The animal transformation vehicles idea in Excitebots (2009) came from Diddy Kong Racing 2 prototype. The animal vehicles came from the idea of riding animal buddies in the Donkey Kong Country series.
The Wii Diddy Kong Racing was cancelled due to Donkey Kong Barrel Blasts low sales. It was also cancelled because Diddy Kong Racing DS didn’t sell as well as the original N64 game.
Nintendo asked Monster Games to work on Pilotwings because they were impressed with the flight/airplane mechanics in Monster’s DKC Racing prototype. Diddy Kong Racing was well known for letting players ride karts, hovercrafts, and planes.
Diddy Kong Racing 2 started up development for again (this time for Wii U) due to the amazing sales of Donkey Kong Country Returns and Mario Kart Wii.
Kensuke Tanabe, the producer of Donkey Kong Country Returns and Tropical Freeze, pitched the idea of Dillon (from Dillon’s Rolling Western) to be one of the racers in the game. Tanabe was the producer of Dillon’s Rolling Western, and he liked the idea of having a roster of lesser known Nintendo characters.
Tanabe thought that the concept of lesser known Nintendo characters “fighting to be Nintendo’s big star” could prove to be interesting for Diddy Kong Racing. Characters such as Mallo (Pushmo) and Rusty (Rusty’s Real Deal Baseball) were also added as racers to fill out the roster.
Nintendo purposely held off from showing Diddy Kong Racing 2 at E3 this year to avoid sabotaging the excitement around Mario Kart 8. It sounds like Diddy Kong Racing 2 will be revealed sometime in 2015, and released that same year.
Diddy Kong was taken out of Mario Kart 7 and 8 because of Diddy Kong Racing 2. Diddy Kong had appeared in Double Dash and Mario Kart Wii.

Never really messed around much with nintendo online but how do i access the niketalk room? I've got MK8 and just lookin for some nters to play with once in a while. Feel free to add me my nick is caleb4god.
When online go to tournaments
And then search the room name, NIKETALK

NINTENDO, WII U
NEW DIDDY KONG RACING 2 RUMOUR POPS UP ONLINE
JULY 10, 2014
The internet is no stranger to rumours and the latest one involves Diddy Kong Racing. The rumour states that both Retro Studios and Monster Games are currently working on Diddy Kong Racing 2. Nintendo was apparently set to show it E3, but decided against it as they thought it may damage sales of Mario Kart 8. As this Reddit thread has pointed out, the information comes from a blog created yesterday that is still using a wordpress.com domain. Take this all with a grain of salt.

Retro Studios and Monster Games have been collaborating on Diddy Kong Racing 2.
This is why Monster Games ported Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and worked with Retro Studios on DKC: Tropical Freeze.
Diddy Kong Racing 2 began as a prototype in 2006. The animal transformation vehicles idea in Excitebots (2009) came from Diddy Kong Racing 2 prototype. The animal vehicles came from the idea of riding animal buddies in the Donkey Kong Country series.
The Wii Diddy Kong Racing was cancelled due to Donkey Kong Barrel Blasts low sales. It was also cancelled because Diddy Kong Racing DS didn’t sell as well as the original N64 game.
Nintendo asked Monster Games to work on Pilotwings because they were impressed with the flight/airplane mechanics in Monster’s DKC Racing prototype. Diddy Kong Racing was well known for letting players ride karts, hovercrafts, and planes.
Diddy Kong Racing 2 started up development for again (this time for Wii U) due to the amazing sales of Donkey Kong Country Returns and Mario Kart Wii.
Kensuke Tanabe, the producer of Donkey Kong Country Returns and Tropical Freeze, pitched the idea of Dillon (from Dillon’s Rolling Western) to be one of the racers in the game. Tanabe was the producer of Dillon’s Rolling Western, and he liked the idea of having a roster of lesser known Nintendo characters.
Tanabe thought that the concept of lesser known Nintendo characters “fighting to be Nintendo’s big star” could prove to be interesting for Diddy Kong Racing. Characters such as Mallo (Pushmo) and Rusty (Rusty’s Real Deal Baseball) were also added as racers to fill out the roster.
Nintendo purposely held off from showing Diddy Kong Racing 2 at E3 this year to avoid sabotaging the excitement around Mario Kart 8. It sounds like Diddy Kong Racing 2 will be revealed sometime in 2015, and released that same year.
Diddy Kong was taken out of Mario Kart 7 and 8 because of Diddy Kong Racing 2. Diddy Kong had appeared in Double Dash and Mario Kart Wii.
Well I'll probably play MK8 for about another year and call it a wrap
laugh.gif

Pre ordered Super Smash 3ds from kmart, with SYWR points, 10% off, free shipping and ebates, the game came out to $5.81 :D :smokin

What's sywr points????
Show me how to get he oop
Shop Your Way Rewards from kmart. They give you points for buying things. I got $15 worth of points when I bought animal crossing a few months back. Then I got a free $10 worth of points and used 10 to buy mk when they dropped it to 29.99 so it was $20 bucks then I got another 10 from buying mk. Finally, I got $25 worth of points saved up and so I used it on ssb, signed up for the 3 month trial of premium sywr with free shipping and they gave me a bonus of $5 bucks. $30 dollars worth of points, ebates, associates 10% off(my pops is a store manager), free shipping came out to about $5 and some change out of pocket and they gave me another $10 dollars worth of points

Last edited:
What's sywr points????
Show me how to get he oop
Shop Your Way Rewards from kmart. They give you points for buying things. I got $15 worth of points when I bought animal crossing a few months back. Then I got a free $10 worth of points and used 10 to buy mk when they dropped it to 29.99 so it was $20 bucks then I got another 10 from buying mk. Finally, I got $25 worth of points saved up and so I used it on ssb, signed up for the 3 month trial of premium sywr with free shipping and they gave me a bonus of $5 bucks. $30 dollars worth of points, ebates, associates 10% off(my pops is a store manager), free shipping came out to about $5 and some change out of pocket and they gave me another $10 dollars worth of points
:pimp:
U stay in the bay??? :nerd:

Last edited:
Dont know if this has already been posted bout nintendo is supposed to unveal a new smash fighter on their channel in about an hour

^^ eh, I want Nintendo to keep things more in house. Smash bros is gonna end up turning into a video game free for all instead of Nintendo's answer to their squeaky clean characters. Sonic? Ok cool EGM joke that came to fruition, Mario's biggest rival. Solid snake? Awesome. Smash bros has transcended and snake joins the fight for the company that gave his series it's start. Ok. Mega man.......we don't have him in Marvel 3 but ok.

Pac man :stoneface:

^^ eh, I want Nintendo to keep things more in house. Smash bros is gonna end up turning into a video game free for all instead of Nintendo's answer to their squeaky clean characters. Sonic? Ok cool EGM joke that came to fruition, Mario's biggest rival. Solid snake? Awesome. Smash bros has transcended and snake joins the fight for the company that gave his series it's start. Ok. Mega man.......we don't have him in Marvel 3 but ok.

Pac man :stoneface:
I respect the pacman inclusion
Not gonna be a character I pick on the regular
But I can respect the decision
I don't think they adding anymore outside characters
Just new Nintendo "affiliated" characters
Besides they still haven't announced my boy ness

Back
Top Bottom