Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Omg

giphy.gif

New Pokémon. My life is complete. Looks like an Xmas release too

As promised, I’m spread full eagle

Last edited:
I kinda wished they went for a more realistic looking art direction, but I can understand why they maintained their familiar look. I'm kinda on the fence with this, I just the cities are immersive with a ton of activities offer.

Online Battles and EVs is all i ask for. Give me a real console rpg true to what made the older pokemon games so good.

Tried the demo for lets go Poke, the wild pokemon aspect was a major turn off. Otherwise, would be all in on a remake of R/B/Y/G. Might cop until the new game drops tho.

I’m very excited for this new Pokémon game. I was heavy into x and y and later omega ruby and alpha sapphire competitively, can’t wait to see how the mechanics transfer over.

Anyone else felt Odyssey was overrated? Just beat it, it was a good game but I wasn’t crazy about it. Thought it was an 8/10, and wasn’t as good as the ridiculous scores on metacritic.

One thing to give props to Nintendo for though is that it isn’t easy to make a game that can cater to both newbie kids and platformer veterans that have beaten each major release since the nes days. That said, although it was a solid game, I thought that even 3D World was better due to it’s stronger platforming challenges

Thoughts on the switch. Although it’s a fantastic piece of hardware imo (Nintendo has found a great niche in trading off pure performance for other things) the lineup of games hasn’t been as good. Everything notable besides Odyssey and Smash (which is a commendable improvement over the U’s iteration.) can be played on Wii U. I don’t mind the re-releases, but if it leads to complacency from developers then it is an issue. I’d like to see them be more creative and aggressive and do something to really make this worthy system go down as a classic.

Edit: I’ll give the switch BOTW as well since Nintendo basically hooked up Wii U owners with the game as a sendoff for the console. Still though, the lineup leaves a lot to be desired.

Thoughts on the switch. Although it’s a fantastic piece of hardware imo (Nintendo has found a great niche in trading off pure performance for other things) the lineup of games hasn’t been as good. Everything notable besides Odyssey and Smash (which is a commendable improvement over the U’s iteration.) can be played on Wii U. I don’t mind the re-releases, but if it leads to complacency from developers then it is an issue. I’d like to see them be more creative and aggressive and do something to really make this worthy system go down as a classic.

Edit: I’ll give the switch BOTW as well since Nintendo basically hooked up Wii U owners with the game as a sendoff for the console. Still though, the lineup leaves a lot to be desired.
Respect your opinion but if you think the Switch’s game library is lacking then you haven’t branched out enough

Seems like you’re only talking about first party games when the Switch isn’t even 2 years old and already has 3 flagship games that’ll be played forever in Odyssey, BOTW and Smash with minimum 3 more coming this year alone

Not to mention the great 3rd party support they’ve had since day one

I’m 20 games deep personally and that library is growing by the month it seems

The system is already a classic off of its innovation and sales numbers alone imo

Anyone else felt Odyssey was overrated? Just beat it, it was a good game but I wasn’t crazy about it. Thought it was an 8/10, and wasn’t as good as the ridiculous scores on metacritic.

One thing to give props to Nintendo for though is that it isn’t easy to make a game that can cater to both newbie kids and platformer veterans that have beaten each major release since the nes days. That said, although it was a solid game, I thought that even 3D World was better due to it’s stronger platforming challenges

Yea we had some discussion about that a while back; I had almost the same exact thoughts, even the part about 3D world. I think we settled on the fact that some like the exploration type (Mario 64, Sunshine, Odyssey) and some like the more platforming-focused (3D world, Galaxy 1 & 2). I would give Odyssey a 9/10 tho. the way they incorporated the early 2D games was nostalgic af and I can't ignore the brilliance of The Darker Side level. I'd give both Galaxy games 10/10 and 3D World 9.5/10

Respect your opinion but if you think the Switch’s game library is lacking then you haven’t branched out enough

Seems like you’re only talking about first party games when the Switch isn’t even 2 years old and already has 3 flagship games that’ll be played forever in Odyssey, BOTW and Smash with minimum 3 more coming this year alone

The system is already a classic off of its innovation and sales numbers alone imo

I agree it's an amazing console with some great games but it isn't a classic for me til I see new Metroid, new Pikmin, another Zelda that isn't torn between generation cycles, and new DKC. You're right tho, it's only been 2 years, they got time to drop more heat.

I borrowed the switch from a friend who doesn’t play it and offered me it to beat Odyssey. As someone who owned the Wii U, I haven’t been able to justify pulling the trigger on the switch, as much as I like the console itself. I’m curious to hear about games that weren’t mentioned and weren’t on the Wii U that you think makes the console’s library deep enough already that it’s worth getting.

It’s funny folks tryna justify buying remastered games on the switch
But had no problem needing justification
To buy all them damn remasters on PS4 and xb1

Back
Top Bottom