NikeTalk New Era Fitted Cap Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The past fitted was cool for those who want the cleaner look

Who wants a 17th anniversary patch 
laugh.gif
 20th is coming up anyway, all the patch fans will get theirs then I assume

Idk why people want the patch, it was huge and ugly.

The last fitted release was perfect hat. Solid material, looks clean AF and no OD patch/es

da point i was making is if you bought da very 1st fitted, there is no incentive to buy any of da other ones because they're too similar.

had da 2nd fitted been inverted colorways (red crown, black brim) and no patch it would've stood on it's own.

as it stands though, this release is like 4 series Grand Coupe BMW sedan, after da 3 series sedan been out for years.
Like da exact same jordans come out every year at christmas and people still buy them?

Reactions: jjs
Does a peasant like me have a chance to cop one?

I'm a noob...what patch are y'all referring to?

Last edited:
Idk why people want the patch, it was huge and ugly.

The last fitted release was perfect hat. Solid material, looks clean AF and no OD patch/es

da point i was making is if you bought da very 1st fitted, there is no incentive to buy any of da other ones because they're too similar.

had da 2nd fitted been inverted colorways (red crown, black brim) and no patch it would've stood on it's own.

as it stands though, this release is like 4 series Grand Coupe BMW sedan, after da 3 series sedan been out for years.
Like da exact same jordans come out every year at christmas and people still buy them?

da Devil is in da details....

What about da dudes that bought da patch fitted and wore da crap out of it, they shouldn't buy this new snapback version because it's too similar?

I see what ninja is doing, he is trying to discourage people from buying da snapback so he can buy multiple hats like this guy did:
1zdvhat.jpg

What about da dudes that bought da patch fitted and wore da crap out of it, they shouldn't buy this new snapback version because it's too similar?

in da hat world, people who buy fitteds rarely by snaps.

i suppose what demographic of folks would've just copped da 2nd edition fitted sans da patch.

let's jeep it funky though...who here actually wore their hat enuff to beat em to death? :lol: :x

The past fitted was cool for those who want the cleaner look

Who wants a 17th anniversary patch :lol:  20th is coming up anyway, all the patch fans will get theirs then I assume

yeah da time for a patch was da 15th anniversary...

unless ya was gonna design a random one outta scratch...

curious for dudes who rocked the hat a lot....has anyone ever asked you what it means??????

Last edited:
curious for dudes who rocked the hat a lot....has anyone ever asked you what it means??????

I had someone read the back out loud..but didnt ask me anything about it

My fitted is still holding up nice..kinda want the snapback for collection purposes..but i guess ill fall back and let others have a chance

Last edited:
@Methodical Management good stuff but damn at no FCFS. Damn resellers always messing **** up
mean.gif

I hope im able to get one but it's looking like a whoever is most popular or willing to spend the most to cop one & im neither of those
I hear you.  FCFS was the obvious way to go at first.  Everyone had a chance and most people who wanted one came away with one.  From a technical standpoint, though, it just didn't work out well - and that's a problem that even multi-billion dollar companies have yet to solve.  

It's hard to make that a good experience, and, these days, it's perhaps harder to make it feel like a fair experience. 

An auction is great for charity and discourages resell, but it excludes those who can't afford to pay top dollar.  

Our original idea was to give most of these away as part of a promotion that's no longer happening and sell a few to attendees at the next NT Live event, along with some of the NT-Shirts.  When a wrench was thrown into those plans, we had to look elsewhere - and we're still thinking through the best way to make this work. 
@Methodical Management  what about working with other hat brands like American Needle & 47 Brand? Are they tough to deal with?
This release isn't for you, then.  It's for all the people who've missed out and wanted another chance, the people who want/prefer snapbacks, and the people who want a second hat or need to replace one that they've worn a great deal in the years since the previous releases.

We have maybe 60 or so.  It's not intended to be for EVERYONE.

So glad this hat is coming back... My 1st one is done... My 2nd one I wear more cautiously...

As far as people asking me... I keep moving... But whenever I see a fellow NT'er I give them the nod!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom