NikeTalk New Era Fitted Cap Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wear em backwards not forwards lol

So I can't comment. Still think snap backs suck

Whats the release day for the snap? Wish it was Mitchell & Ness, 47 Brand or American Needle instead but New Era will do as long as it dont got that boxy wide fit. My head too small for that ish lol

Missed out on the fitted but im def in for the snapback
We tried to work with M&N, and hopefully that will still happen at some point.  I think that may have been something that was just sort of lost in the shuffle in the course of the sale of their company.  As you guys may know, they were sold by Adidas earlier this year:  http://www.adidas-group.com/en/medi...ases/2016/adidas-group-divests-mitchell-ness/

We all believed it would happen after we approved the revised samples, but once I stopped receiving responses we had to take matters into our own hands or risk indefinite delays.

With some help, we had some New Era snapbacks produced to the same specs as the original New Era fitted releases.  The only difference is that it'll be a 59/50 snapback this time around.

It's something that MANY people have asked for over the years, and it makes things a little simpler on us in terms of distribution, since chargebacks, constant calls, and other nonsense cost us the ability to continue on with Cap City.  

Nothing about this has been easy.  I can't even begin to go over all of the problems we've had with these behind the scenes.  Even after production was completed, our distribution plans were scrapped at the last minute when the partner wound up restructuring their business.  
eyes.gif

It's just reinforced the need to avoid comment until things are DONE.  I can show the hats to you guys now because they are DONE.  That's not a sample, that is a hat from the actual, finished production run.  The hats exist.  We have a tentative partner in place to handle distribution, but there are still details to work out before we can get to the specifics you guys care most about:  WHEN and HOW.  

I appreciate your patience and we are still very much thinking about how to release these in a way that will discourage resale and place as many as possible in the hands of contributing members, but we don't want to be arbitrary in trying to pick and choose which members are "deserving."  One possibility would be to give some away in contests vs. make some available as part of a charity auction.  I would like to avoid "first come, first served" this time around for obvious reasons. 

Meth can we make the new era logo murdered out?
To be absolutely 100% clear: this is not a rendering or a sample.  It's a photo sequence of an actual, finished production hat.  This is what you would get:

I have a larger file that, due to system restrictions, I couldn't upload and the image uploading sites I'm familiar with would've rejected or re-compressed it.

If you want to see it in higher resolution, I can attach that file below:

Methodical Management Methodical Management good stuff but damn at no FCFS. Damn resellers always messing **** up :smh:

I hope im able to get one but it's looking like a whoever is most popular or willing to spend the most to cop one & im neither of those

yo I would love NT to collab with Ebbetts Field 
If things don't work out with M&N in the future, that could be something we'll look into.  Again, it gets a little tricky because we have concerns re: materials, etc. and not everyone tends to build products that meet those specs.  While I can't make any promises, I can tell you that we will at least reach out to them if we can't get those red brimmed M&N samples into production.  

We're not giving up on fitted hats. 
da same joint in a snapback? [emoji]128554[/emoji]

whoever got da 1st edition wit da patch been able to moonwalk past da successive releases...
This is literally our top request.  More people asked us for a snapback version of the fitted - WITHOUT THE PATCH - than anything else.

I know you like the patch.  That's great.  We liked it, too.  It was something cool for NT's 10 year anniversary.  Rajah did an amazing job on it.  It wasn't everyone's cup of tea, and I get that.  The patch was supposed to be a special, one time thing.  I think the majority of people, if given the option, would prefer something a little more minimal and versatile.  NT isn't like other sneaker-oriented sites.  Most of us are grown.  So, there's a difference in what people tend to be looking for at different ages and we're trying to make as many people happy as possible. 

We also didn't have the option to update the patch, since we haven't heard from Rajah in awhile and we didn't have the support we'd have needed to access and update the original design files.  Straight up:  had we attempted to commission a new patch, we wouldn't have hats right now.  

The lead time on these is LONG under normal circumstances.  Our circumstances wound up being abnormal, and, again, I don't want to get into details that would be less than flattering for those who helped us make this thing possible.  We faced challenges with this thing.  We're overcoming them.  

These weren't financed by a store or a sponsor.  We went out of pocket to get these made - and I'm not expecting a return.  What money is raised, minus any expenses incurred by a distribution partner, will go to charity.  I'm not looking to recoup the production costs.  

I know we always get a ton of complaints whenever we do anything because the people who care about it the most often have very strong feelings about all of the details, but try to keep this in mind:  if we didn't care, we wouldn't do it.  And we cared about it, and you, enough to go significantly out of pocket to get these made.  

I'll try to get the SnapBack. I like contributing to NT when I can. Hopefully you guys work out the details that'll prevent re-sellers and what not.

Idk why people want the patch, it was huge and ugly.

The last fitted release was perfect hat. Solid material, looks clean AF and no OD patch/es

Idk why people want the patch, it was huge and ugly.

The last fitted release was perfect hat. Solid material, looks clean AF and no OD patch/es

da point i was making is if you bought da very 1st fitted, there is no incentive to buy any of da other ones because they're too similar.

had da 2nd fitted been inverted colorways (red crown, black brim) and no patch it would've stood on it's own.

as it stands though, this release is like 4 series Grand Coupe BMW sedan, after da 3 series sedan been out for years.

Decade + members get first dibs?

Nah, but for real I hope I can scoop this up. My OG hat looks charcoal, and fire snug.

Looks good. Never was a big snapback fan but still in for this. 3rd times the charms NO WHAMMIES !!! :lol:

A snapback? People asked for this? No patch?

All them fools should be banned. A ******* snapback? I'm bald and I need every inch of my head covered. The **** is wrong with you Meth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom