Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

i'll believe it when Nike announces it, so much fakes of the elites out there especially IG

some are even being sold in the limited edition wooden box

Mate, this black vaporfly is true... this is from firstrun on ig. This guy has worked with nike for years.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171031-213112.png
    Screenshot_20171031-213112.png
    679.4 KB · Views: 50
Just got notification and picking up my elites this weekend!!!

What a surprise!!!

IMG_3170.PNG

Im outside of NYC.

couldn't believe the notification man, saw the picture of Kipchoge and immediately thought early access to BC VF's then I read some more and saw I was selected for these Vaporfly Elites.

These will be the go to's for the 1/2 marathon in a few weeks. Now I'm even more excited!!

Im outside of NYC.

couldn't believe the notification man, saw the picture of Kipchoge and immediately thought early access to BC VF's then I read some more and saw I was selected for these Vaporfly Elites.
congrats man! I doubt I'll get a notification down in ATL, but I'm refreshing like a madman

i wanna be an idiot...

The purchase of this shoe will allow you access to an exclusive Q&A followed by a 1:1 session with Eliud Kipchoge at 7:00PM EST on November 2, 2017 at Nike Running Flatiron.

$600 lmao

Got to be an idiot to pay that.

And this is coming from someone who ran competively

Agreed. Why does everyone still want them after seeing that MSRP?

If it's because its only 100 pairs and you want to resell them, fine. Go ahead.

But if its performance related, how is this an item you want to experience after hearing that price point?

Are you going to heavily use them, if not, whats the point then? It doesn't look good casually, so the appeal has to be to experience the new tech, but I can wait after seeing that.

I'm just curious for the others, that want them or paid/will pay $600, why you are so comfortable with that price point?

PO

Last edited:
Yeah if you wanna resell then sure go be an idiot

I’m speaking from the perspective of actually using them for serious running/training.

Would love to have/use them but you can convince me they are worth 600 even with a “QandA”

63 mi on my pair of VFs which shall be used for this Sunday. And with the Crimsons coming out, I'd say a shot at Elites is the same as two pairs of VFs and then some.

Has anyone here run in Elites? How do they run?

Honestly even if I am not interested in a pair for myself, I'd rather see someone buy it and run in it than buy it than resell it.

My explanation could drag on and probably make me sound like some douchebag so I don't want to get too deep into detail into that (I'll get into it if you guys insists) so I'll just say this.

The Q&A and 1:1 meet-up is a great plus. It might be a once in a lifetime opportunity if you're a runner and a fan of Kipchoge. It's not just the Q&A that stands out for me, it's the 1:1 session, I assume that is a face to face meet-up and to have a quick word with him(?) no matter how brief is still a chance you may not have ever again.

I have 4 ZoomFlys (2 of them SPs) and 2 VaporFlys. I have ran in all of them except for the SPs but overall that is $1100 before tax on those shoes alone and I still plan to buy more VaporFlys once other colorways drops and likely more ZoomFlys once some goes on sale. $600 pretty much equals to 2 VaporFlys and I'd gladly pass on two/three pairs in the future to get/if I get the Elites.

I might pass on the new Pegasus until it goes on a deeper discount than I usually get them. I'll wait for the outlets at 50% off instead of jumping on the first 20% off discount. I also tend to buy a pair or two of Vomero a year and gotten several pairs of LunarEpics and not to mention from other brands like Hoka that will just have to wait.

There are easy ways to offset my running shoe purchases to accommodate the $600 price tag.

This is NT after all where for the most part we're glutton for shoes, I think it is safe to assume many here do not buy one pair to run down to the ground and then buy another so really $600 isn't the most reasonable purchase but it's not too bad if you look at the bigger picture.

I understand this way of thinking isn't for everyone and that is perfectly fine too.

to each their own, appeal is subjective just like how people wear basketball shoes casually. i think they look amazing and would wear them casually. i was hoping they would release the elites all along and it was what caught my eye to this whole breaking 2 project. was pretty disappointed to find out that it was only for the pro athletes, so i hope this is a sign that it will get a more accessible release.

In other news, this idiot is still scheduled to pick up his pair tomorrow.

I'll follow up with some pics. Unfortunately, I wont be able to give you a review on performance as I got a 5K this Sat and a rainy day Sunday. Want to use these on a longer run and my training has me scheduled for a 12mi run next weekend prior to the 1/2, so I'm hoping it all works out.

I never understand the significant hype around triple black/white colorway. You basically pay the same price for 1 basic color.

Got a 20% code and waiting on the release of those to be my new training shoes. Just saw that NDC released a new cw but not a fan of that blue.

Back
Top Bottom