Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Breaking two must be impossible.

it has to be setup like the attempt in Italy last year. 25 seconds away was pretty damn amazing though. probably decades away from that happening in a actual race. As for the vaporfly do u heel strike when u run? the shoes are supposed to make your running economy 4% more efficient. I could feel the energy return(the bounce like feeling) the first couple meters i ran in the shoe.

Well, whipped the VF’s out and finished my 10K today and I must say, I underestimated the course by a lot. I started off strong and felt great and sure enough midway between mile 3 & 4 came the hills and a gradual uphill climb from mile 5 to finish.

So I did finish better than my last 10K race but not by much, may be 20-30 sec faster. Did a runners stretch last night via the NTC app and some foam rolling, along with some additional stretching and I felt great today

080BD2DB-4D84-42DA-B6EA-6F684FC38729.jpeg

Three weeks away from my 1/2 Marathon in Brooklyn. Apparently, there are over 25,000 people running it :wow:

I wish I could run in the 4%. That cushioning and responsiveness is on another level. My flat feet won't allow it. Damned if I didn't try, lol. A brand new size 13 going back to Running Warehouse (not trying to sell, it's already shipped) if anybody wants to keep an eye out. They're also getting my used pair back but I don't imagine they'll sell it online...

I wish I could run in the 4%. That cushioning and responsiveness is on another level. My flat feet won't allow it. Damned if I didn't try, lol. A brand new size 13 going back to Running Warehouse (not trying to sell, it's already shipped) if anybody wants to keep an eye out. They're also getting my used pair back but I don't imagine they'll sell it online...

Did you try putting orthotics in it?

I have 0 arches (seriously none; flatter than a pancake). I’ve run in them and the Epic Reacts.

For me, I didn’t really have an absolute positive experience with the Vaporfly. But my opinion might change.

But if you don’t mind putting in an orthotic and sacrificing some of the lightness that might be one way.

Also, there’s the Pegasus 35 Turbo on the horizon. There’s also React Odyssey.

probably superfeet black, but adding an insole does change the feel of the vf4 a little. i suppose the diff feel doesnt outweigh the con of not being able to use the shoe period.

Which is why I said it would affect the weight and function.

Or try one of the other shoes I mentioned. The Pegasus 35 might be better for stability while including the Zoom X. Might not be the speed run like the VF 4%.

Did you try putting orthotics in it?

I have 0 arches (seriously none; flatter than a pancake). I’ve run in them and the Epic Reacts.

For me, I didn’t really have an absolute positive experience with the Vaporfly. But my opinion might change.

But if you don’t mind putting in an orthotic and sacrificing some of the lightness that might be one way.

Also, there’s the Pegasus 35 Turbo on the horizon. There’s also React Odyssey.
Hmmm... I guess you could force that mesh outward at the midfoot with an orthotic. Thanks, I'll consider that...

Can anyone here tell me how the Zoom Vaporfly Elite’s fit? I’m a 13 and I don’t believe any 13’s were made but I have an opportunity to get a 12...thinking it will be too small...

^^^
I actually decided to go with the olive/matcha Epic Reacts instead of the streets, but I'm thinking about returning them for the Olive VSFs too. Decisions, decisions...

^^^
I actually decided to go with the olive/matcha Epic Reacts instead of the streets, but I'm thinking about returning them for the Olive VSFs too. Decisions, decisions...
I have both models and like them a lot, but go with the VSFs!

Back
Top Bottom