Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

IMG-20180419-WA0000.jpeg

Give you lot an in-depth post tomorrow. Right now all I can say is that I am a very lucky guy today

that is awesome though it should have at least came in a special box for the price, can't wait to hear your thoughts

and the volt sps are cool (nicer in person but isn't this almost always the case :lol: )
ZFSP volt 3.jpg

ZFSP volt 2.jpg

ZFSP volt 4.jpg

that is awesome though it should have at least came in a special box for the price, can't wait to hear your thoughts

My friend said the exact same thing. To be fair the shoes were made just this week and they had to ship them asap from South Korea to London

On Wednesday at around 4:00pm Nike released invites for a Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite Flyprint experience for the next day. As well all know the Nike App is rubbish, and my app wouldn't load the page to book an appoiment. I contacted NikeUK on twitter who replied that all places were taken but gave me a website page to go on to check if any possible openings came up if someone dropped out. I spent the next day checking the web page every 15 minutes, and by 3:00pm I got luckly. Someone had missed their time to get a size UK9. I'm a size UK10, but I hoped that they might have a UK10 left.

When I got to the entrance to the store (it was shut for an event happening later that evening), there was a bit of confusion as both me and another guy (nice bloke who is aiming to go sub 2:45 at London at the weekend) were not on the list for the shoes, but after showing our confirmation emails we were allowed in and treated like royalty. We were greated by a group of ten people, including four head designers of the shoe .Before reciving my pair to try on, the designers went through the shoes... will they would have but my knowledge and just pure excitement of the shoes fascinated them. One of them said they had wished they could have filmed my reaction. I also got very lucky as the other guy there to pick up a pair reserved a size UK10 but was a size UK11, and they had a size UK11 for him so I got his size UK10.

After having a great chat with the designers, I got to tried on the shoes. My first reaction was that I had worn them for years (A designer who works with Kipchoge noted that my feet is shaped just like Kipchouge and so my feet fit just like his in the shoe). They are like a glove for my feet.. it feels amazing. Also you can't show in pictures how the shoe and graphics changes in colour between red and green due to the flyprint. They look much better in person. The designers warned me on durability (they are built just for race day), but that Kipchouge had done 200km on a pair.

Both the designers and Nike UK recruitment both asked for my contact details. I was also given the same singlet Mo Farrah is using at the London Marathon on the weekend. The shoes cost me £500 ($700), but the experience was priceless. Nike know how to put on a show.
20180419_223232.jpg

Some interesting facts:

One difference that the elites have from the 4% is that the insole/sock-liner is also made from ZoomX.

The carbon fiber plate used in the Vaporfly series is made up of layers of carbon fiber. During tesing there was a ton of atheltes using different layers due to it making the shoe stiffer or softer. The final plate is made up of the avearge amount of layers used by the atheltes. Kipchoge still uses two layers less on his carbon firbe plate than the standard plate in his shoes.

The sole writing print on the vaporfly 4% was changed due to the first print not being legal in some countries. The flyprint's have the first print on them.

Attachments

• 20180419_223303.jpg
    20180419_223303.jpg
    431.3 KB · Views: 123
  • 20180419_223447.jpg
    20180419_223447.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 20180419_223536.jpg
    20180419_223536.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 20180419_223523.jpg
    20180419_223523.jpg
    432.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 20180419_223706.jpg
    20180419_223706.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
sounds like a great experience and thanks for those pics, it looks like the pigment does change depending on the light, almost like when grease hits water, looks awesome

really bummed the LA marathon do not get the same treatment from Nike

is the weight difference obvious in comparison to the 4%s? because the 4%s are already pretty light

zoomx insole sounds good too

good luck on your run

Some interesting facts:

One difference that the elites have from the 4% is that the insole/sock-liner is also made from ZoomX.

Interesting note on the insole/liner. I was wondering how they kept water from bogging that area down. The flyprint was obviously made for upper to shed water, sweat, weight, etc.

volt sp's look great! glad people are sleeping on this cw, and hope the breaking2 rerelease gets overshadowed by those 1s dropping the day before...even tho it prob wont?

Anyone know where I can pick up the the grey / black with the red heel for retail? I missed these on NDC and can’t seem to find them anywhere online.

Anyone know where I can pick up the the grey / black with the red heel for retail? I missed these on NDC and can’t seem to find them anywhere online.

I assume you're talking about that Epic React CW... size 10/10.5 and 12.5 still available at Finish Line

Quick run this morning in the VF’s. Got a 10K tomorrow morning. Really want to set a new PR but I’m suffering right now from hip and leg pains on my left side. Just hoping to at least hit the same time I did back in Oct

B9F24420-8938-43E9-87D3-641B70F753E3.jpeg
Have you tried visiting a chiropractor? Your hips may be out of line causing you to favor one side thus causing the discomfort.

Quick run this morning in the VF’s. Got a 10K tomorrow morning. Really want to set a new PR but I’m suffering right now from hip and leg pains on my left side. Just hoping to at least hit the same time I did back in Oct

have u ever gotten your form looked at? i finally did last spring and it turned out i wasn't engaging my hips and glutes at all with my stride. explained majority of the injuries i got while marathon training past couple years.

Have you tried visiting a chiropractor? Your hips may be out of line causing you to favor one side thus causing the discomfort.

I saw one back in Oct/Nov when this problem occurred but it went away after the second visit.

This all started up again when the weather got better in February, I gained about 10lbs and started off way too strong. Since then, it’s gotten worse. I’ve been doing stretches and workouts geared towards my hip and they tend to work for a day or two but once I get back to running the pain comes back again. Its so bad, i can hardly sleep on my left side.

I’m aiming to go to a physical therapist. I think I may have sciatica but I’ll let a professional determine that. Worse case if this PT doesn’t work, I’ll go back to the chiropractor

have u ever gotten your form looked at? i finally did last spring and it turned out i wasn't engaging my hips and glutes at all with my stride. explained majority of the injuries i got while marathon training past couple years.

Unfortunately not, I usually train/run on my own. Perhaps this is something a PT could help with once I go. Who’d you have examine your form?

Unfortunately not, I usually train/run on my own. Perhaps this is something a PT could help with once I go. Who’d you have examine your form?

Yes most PT's will be able to help u. i happened to know my PT from the nyc running scene and her office specializes in runners/triathletes.

43840DB3-3C7E-42A4-B840-0EE07911C9E6.png

Looks like Mo is wearing the regular VF Elite tomorrow. I would’ve thought he would be wearing the Flyprint version.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/06/sports/eliud-kipchoge-marathon-nike-shoes.html

I never actually read about the actual Breaking 2 race. Seems like we’re still a way off from it. 26.2 Miles is not joke.

I actually ran in my Vaporfly for the first time the other day. Probably about 4.5 Miles. I’ve been using a bunch of different shoes lately (Hoya Clifton One 3, Brooks Beast, Epic React), since I’m a larger guy.

Maybe I have to run in them a few more times, I didn’t “feel” anything vastly different. The shoes were light.

Back
Top Bottom