Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Am I tripping or are these Bruce Lee protros smaller than the OG 5s?

They sure feel it. Both size 14 but the protros feel like a 13 to the point of being really uncomfortable.

198994BC-D4E2-4474-B60B-64A912C508B1.jpeg
08F0CB49-3648-4600-A36A-797AC98F8C6F.jpeg

Am I tripping or are these Bruce Lee protros smaller than the OG 5s?

They sure feel it. Both size 14 but the protros feel like a 13 to the point of being really uncomfortable.

198994BC-D4E2-4474-B60B-64A912C508B1.jpeg
08F0CB49-3648-4600-A36A-797AC98F8C6F.jpeg

Some say they fit the same but for me they def run smaller than ogs. I could fit a 10.5 in ogs to ball for a 1 to 1 and an 11 in my TTS was great for casual. These in 11 are too tight for anything, had to half up.

when did kobe ever complain about that?
It’s why in december of 2019 we seen all these patents filed.

Kobe was planning on leaving because they weren’t giving him tech and expanding his line to included young athletes more. I remember hearing about it 2016 as well

It was brought up while he was retired. Also didn’t like the low amounts of kids product

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.re...up-on-nba-legends-relationship-with-nike.html

do you have any quotes where he complained about that? protro 1s and 4s all sat minus the collabs/CD 4. all GR pairs hit outlets/discount. it was never an availability issue before he passed. the lack of kids shoes was only brought up by vanessa when the contract ended, but hadn't heard anything prior to from kobe.

It’s why in december of 2019 we seen all these patents filed.

Kobe was planning on leaving because they weren’t giving him tech and expanding his line to included young athletes more. I remember hearing about it 2016 as well

what patents were filed? that guy that had the meeting and used it as free marketing on twitter on the anniversary of his passing? that was complete BS.

there was an unhappiness about him not getting a certain tech for one of his models first before the masses that I shared in one of the kobe threads a while ago, but he was not going to leave nike over it. that issue was resolved. the plan was for the line to end with 1 final signature shoe (that avar was involved in), and then continue to release protros of every model like jordans (minus a new model every year). there was a meeting scheduled a few weeks after he passed with him and the designers/engineers for him to see the first prototype of the shoe

I can tell you for sure that were already a couple other protro models being worked on for the following couple years after the 6 was done. if he was leaving, they wouldn't have been as far along on the development of those as they were if he was going to leave

9E400B44-BBC4-4433-A32E-6F4DA496F492.jpeg

Snkrs was a complete waste of time. No draw and entered before AJ1 Shadow 2.0. Thank goodness Undefeated took cue from AMA AJ3 release and redrew entries. Fortunate to hit both.

Kobe 5 Protro Hall of Fame x Undefeated.
Ordered Thurs, shipped Fri, and received Sat for West Coast. Went up 1/2 from usual to 11. But since this collab is commemorative, pair is Collection display. Extra set of purple laces and interesting design. Very cool.

How did you guys opt for sizing for the HOFs compared to the Grinch Protro 6s?

I went TTS for both. I’ve never owned a 5 Protro with the mesh/canvas (?) base.

Curious? Does anyone have a sunday delivery date?!

Trying to see my order is coming sunday or monday

Some say they fit the same but for me they def run smaller than ogs. I could fit a 10.5 in ogs to ball for a 1 to 1 and an 11 in my TTS was great for casual. These in 11 are too tight for anything, had to half up.

Yep, exact same situation for me. My true size in these is painful to play in. Breaking them in will not change that. So disappointed.

Based off my twitter feed, final round of Undefeated W emails are going out already.

Good luck to all who have yet to hit.

Back
Top Bottom