Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Question for you guys: I purchased the OW Blazers on eBay and the Nike box arrived slightly crushed and torn. The USPS box doesn't really show any real damage, however, the box in the auction appears pristine. Additionally, the seller had a picture of the original receipt in the auction, but didn't include it in the box. He claimed he would send it separately, but I still haven't received it. I emailed the seller Monday night about the crushed box and had not heard from until the writing of this post.

Would you escalate this, considering it does impact the future value of the shoes. In pictures, I love the Blazers, but in hand and on foot, I'm on the fence and will probably resell in the future. From a business viewpoint, I the buyer don't feel this is my responsibility that I received a damage product. He did include $50 of USPS insurance. Considering this is a collector item (in the eye of the beholder), I feel I should be compensated for my loss of value.

What would you guys do? Would you escalate this through a paypal claim? As of writing this post, the seller finally did contact me, but what would you ask for in terms of compensation, or if you would even ask at all, and consider this the cost (or loss) of doing business?

doesn't sound like you are at all happy about the transaction. And it is sketch the receipt was not included. personally I would attempt to negotiate a return with the seller(because u are on fence about shoes). if that doesn't work I would escalate it and buy from a more reliable source. Unless u got a crazy deal then u get what u pay for

For those that have the OG Blazer and the newer releases - Do you see any differences in quality or materials?
Yes imo the quality control on the spooky pack was usual nike not caring. Glue stains, crooked uneven text, swoosh placement off etc. to some they might not care or notice though. Ive seen multiple pairs that are like that. Im sure there are pairs without any problems.

Yea like the guy said, my reapers looked cheaply made unlike the stock pics... different feel to it. I still like them

To the presto guy, idk I wear it sometimes since it is already a sort of SB(wide) type of shoe, but I don’t wear it with my vapormaxes because it’s a thin, slimmer and has less room for clunkiness

And to the guy who bought the eBay blazers are they the OGs or the gw/ahe? I’m guessing you got it at a decent price that’s why your hesitant to get a refund, but I would send it back and get my money. If it’s the OGs, idk what I would do. It’s harder to sell without a reciept and box being messed up

And to the guy who bought the eBay blazers are they the OGs or the gw/ahe? I’m guessing you got it at a decent price that’s why your hesitant to get a refund, but I would send it back and get my money. If it’s the OGs, idk what I would do. It’s harder to sell without a reciept and box being messed up

It's the Grim Reapers. I paid $480 shipped for them, so the price was right where I wanted to be. The box in the ebay pictures was not crushed- so it is USPS's fault.

I went ahead and asked the seller for $30 compensation towards the depreciated value. He just agreed to it. I may just keep them for $450 out the door. I just tried them on a few minutes ago with a new outfit and find myself reconsidering them. No SLR pics yet, but here's a few quick shots with my iPhone.

IMG_0251.jpg
IMG_0250.jpg
IMG_0248.jpg

Last edited:
It's the Grim Reapers. I paid $480 shipped for them, so the price was right where I wanted to be. The box in the ebay pictures was not crushed- so it is USPS's fault.

I went ahead and asked the seller for $30 compensation towards the depreciated value. He just agreed to it. I may just keep them for $450 out the door. I just tried them on a few minutes ago with a new outfit and find myself reconsidering them. No SLR pics yet, but here's a few quick shots with my iPhone.

IMG_0251.jpg
IMG_0250.jpg
IMG_0248.jpg
What size are those

I believe with eBay if you bought something sold as authentic and you can prove it’s not and can prove it you are told to destroy the product as per eBay/PayPal rules and provide proof of destruction.

Gonna have to pay resell for the Mentas. Good thing I have a pair of UNC1s on ice for this exact occassion.

I was thinking the same thing. I have a pair of UNCs in the higher price sizes (8) and was wondering if I could trade/flip it for a pair of Mentas + Serena Blazers. That would obviously require Mentas and those Blazers to get full US releases

I was thinking the same thing. I have a pair of UNCs in the higher price sizes (8) and was wondering if I could trade/flip it for a pair of Mentas + Serena Blazers. That would obviously require Mentas and those Blazers to get full US releases

Nothing is pointing to a US release for Mentas but prices seem stable at $750/$790 for now

I’m surprised that people actually pay so much for a suitcase (rimowa off white) lol baggage handlers be throwing suitcases around for fun

Back
Top Bottom