Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

StockX is totally dropping the ball.. Go look at sales for the black OW 97's for size 11.. In less than 20 minutes, someone was able to take the price from $781 down to $400.. I see ish like this all the time over there.. They clearly don't know what they are doing over there. Terrible dev.. Terrible mgmt...

Can you elaborate?

StockX is totally dropping the ball.. Go look at sales for the black OW 97's for size 11.. In less than 20 minutes, someone was able to take the price from $781 down to $400.. I see ish like this all the time over there.. They clearly don't know what they are doing over there. Terrible dev.. Terrible mgmt...
Stockx gathers that info from lots of sources. When sales stand out like that, just ignore them. Nobody sold a pair for $400. Its just a glitch. It's a good source overall but there are anomalies that should be ignored.

Stockx gathers that info from lots of sources. When sales stand out like that, just ignore them. Nobody sold a pair for $400. Its just a glitch. It's a good source overall but there are anomalies that should be ignored.

No, not in this case.. Went to bed with $450 bid in and the price was well over $700.. Woke up and bid was accepted.. Look at the history, you can see all the sales. they will wipe the data later when they figure it out but for now it is all there to see.

I am not saying these are legit sales.. I am just saying the price was manipulated. There were over 20 bids accepted for size 11 in less than 20 mins.

Not necessarily a glitch at all....But at the same time, I hate their lack of info about where they obtain their sales history. This is from their website.

StockX sales history is a snapshot of the market as a whole, using our own proprietary sales data.

For me, I wish Stock X only reported sales data from their platform only. But apparently they list prices in that section from eBay, SG, FC, etc....

PO

You’re upset that you bought the shoes for $450, which was your bid, and you got them for $350 less then what they’re going for everywhere else? What am I reading? :lol:

No, not in this case.. Went to bed with $450 bid in and the price was well over $700.. Woke up and bid was accepted.. Look at the history, you can see all the sales. they will wipe the data later when they figure it out but for now it is all there to see.

I am not saying these are legit sales.. I am just saying the price was manipulated. There were over 20 bids accepted for size 11 in less than 20 mins.
You had a bid for $450 accepted?

You’re upset that you bought the shoes for $450, which was your bid, and you got them for $350 less then what they’re going for everywhere else? What am I reading? :lol:

I don't think he's upset if he got the shoes at that price, I think it's that he thinks the sale might be a flake from someone trying to manipulate the price.

it's about time for a proper shock drop, tomorrow, around 1.

OW_eu1.jpg

I wish lol

Last edited:

LMAO.. No, why would I be upset about winning a bid when the shoe is selling for so much more??? That makes no sense at all.. I don't really care about my bid and that is not my point.. I am just pointing out the fact that StockX doesn't have anything in place to stop a single person (or group) from manipulating the price of any item listed. If you look at the sales history, you can see that the size 11 OW Black 97 dropped from $780 to $400 in less than 20 minutes, burning through 20 bids in the middle of the night. None of those people (including me) are going to get their shoes and all those folks will have to wait 4 or 5 days to get their money back. Again, I don't give a ***t about the bid one way or the other, just ridiculous how blatant some of the price manipulation is on StockX. Of course, they will wipe all the data when they figure it out and nobody will ever know.

SG sale has some of the big sizes going for cheaper than stock x right now. Plus 3% if you use ebates too!
Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 1.51.15 AM.png

Do you guys wear the ziptie on the black presto’s? Can’t decide if I should leave them on or just remove em. I know we got a whole discussion about this:nerd::lol:

For those that have the OG Blazer and the newer releases - Do you see any differences in quality or materials?

It makes me happy whenn people share their opinion with the rest. That’s why i’m on this thread. Not only to show my saltyness of all the L’s I have taken. But if that question bothers you then my bad

It does annoy me for various reasons, such as the fact that it has been discussed for over a year now. But I’ve said my piece. Not a huge deal, just annoying.

Question for you guys: I purchased the OW Blazers on eBay and the Nike box arrived slightly crushed and torn. The USPS box doesn't really show any real damage, however, the box in the auction appears pristine. Additionally, the seller had a picture of the original receipt in the auction, but didn't include it in the box. He claimed he would send it separately, but I still haven't received it. I emailed the seller Monday night about the crushed box and had not heard from until the writing of this post.

Would you escalate this, considering it does impact the future value of the shoes. In pictures, I love the Blazers, but in hand and on foot, I'm on the fence and will probably resell in the future. From a business viewpoint, I the buyer don't feel this is my responsibility that I received a damage product. He did include $50 of USPS insurance. Considering this is a collector item (in the eye of the beholder), I feel I should be compensated for my loss of value.

What would you guys do? Would you escalate this through a paypal claim? As of writing this post, the seller finally did contact me, but what would you ask for in terms of compensation, or if you would even ask at all, and consider this the cost (or loss) of doing business?

Back
Top Bottom