Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

I don't know a thing about tennis, but Serena was way out of line. And peeps blaming it on motherhood? Really? Seems everyone has a cop out excuse these days. Osaka was going to win regardless and Serena knew it, so she picked her battle with the ref. People feel so entitled these days bruh.

Emotions got the best of her last night... I thought breaking a racquet in tennis was a normal thing lol The ref took a whole game from her, not a point, a f****** game! And it was in the most crucial part of the match... personally I can’t stand refs and their power trips some times! A quick apology from ref, would of solved everything! I would of called the ref way worse than a thief for taking a game from me! Especially in the US OPEN finals... Would of ripped him off that high chair lol

Emotions got the best of her last night... I thought breaking a racquet in tennis was a normal thing lol The ref took a whole game from her, not a point, a f****** game! And it was in the most crucial part of the match... personally I can’t stand refs and their power trips some times! A quick apology from ref, would of solved everything! I would of called the ref way worse than a thief for taking a game from me! Especially in the US OPEN finals... Would of ripped him off that high chair lol
Thats not how penalties work. Umpires don't pick and choose the severity of a penalty (ok well some umpires can be more lax, but they really shouldn't Ramos followed the rules to the T), there is a system in place to disburse penalties (and she had already gotten a warning). This is how penalties are given:

1st Violation: Warning
2nd Violation: Point Penalty (which she had gotten before the game)
3rd Violation and Every Subsequent Violation: Game Penalty (or even default the match)

Breaking a racquet is quite common, but it is very much against the rules. Often that is a 1st violation in many matches resulting in only a warning and making the player be more reserved in his or her behavior. Serena did not become any more reserved and focused on the match and rather made herself out to be a victim. She wouldn't let up and the ref was quite patient with Serena as she continuously berated him. The umpire couldn't even try to calm Serena as Serena wouldn't let him speak. Serena deserved every violation as she could've avoided everything if she didn't persist and just minded her own game. The umpire applied the rules fairly and has nothing to apologize for. Serena is the one who needs to apologize as she really ruined the match.

Seems like most people who defend Serena don't actually know tennis...

Also, just because it is a grand slam finals match, it does not mean the rules of the game change. Serena has gotten away with this behavior before....

Last edited:
02C97857-5BAC-423A-9242-007850A25992.jpeg
XAssassinX XAssassinX

Last edited:
highlight of the night, i need nike or virgil to print up shirts with "i don't cheat to win, i'd rather lose" on it ... btw, idgaf how or what you all "deem" as professional behavior when her counterparts have done worse & received less harsher penalties. they've BEEN trying to call her & accuse her of being a cheater. & not to mention, carlos ramos has also accused venus of cheating in the past too, gold badge or not, he's like the adelaide byrd of the tennis world.

I wouldn’t say he should’ve apologized to her, (cuz Serena was definitely OD’ing how she was acting) but picking and choosing who and when to give such harsh penalties to is no bueno. He can’t change the past but hopefully he keeps this same energy for every match going forward in his career.

She called the ref a thief lost a game.

Countless men have said worse with no penalty

Ramos is a *****

Got a violation for a hand gesture and "attitude" (despite the fact he did curse in serbian even though im not sure if it was directly towards anybody, Ramos clearly didnt understand what he said)

Both men and women have said worse with/without penalty.

This isn't a gender, race, or any other issue whatsoever. This is just an umpire who is historically more strict than other umpires, but he did nothing wrong.Serena broke the rules.

Also, she didn't get verbal abuse violation for calling him a thief. Serena went on an egotistical tangent about how he should apologize to her, how she claims the umpire is attacking her character, and the thief thing was the cherry on top (and im pretty sure there was more that i cant remember on the top of my head). Attacking the integrity of an umpire in most sports gets you thrown out of the game.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t say he should’ve apologized to her, (cuz Serena was definitely OD’ing how she was acting) but picking and choosing who and when to give such harsh penalties to is no bueno. He can’t change the past but hopefully he keeps this same energy for every match going forward in his career.
He didn't pick and choose lol, the accumulation of code violations lead to penalties.

yall rlly dont know tennis, yall only watching for the damn shoes

He didn't pick and choose lol, the accumulation of code violations lead to penalties.

yall rlly dont know tennis, yall only watching for the damn shoes

Obviously he does pick and choose if people are doing worse and not getting the harsh penalties. You can keep bringing up your couple of times he gave someone else a penalty but find the times where he didn't give players a violation to even begin to accumulate. YOU dont really know tennis

Obviously he does pick and choose if people are doing worse and not getting the harsh penalties. You can keep bringing up your couple of times he gave someone else a penalty but find the times where he didn't give players a violation to even begin to accumulate. YOU dont really know tennis
Lol... i mean ive faced the same rules at the junior level. I actually play tennis... ur sitting and watching a match for a shoe. Regardless sure i wouldnt call myself an umpire either

But When umpires make discretionary calls could be of concern, but Ramos specifically has been pretty consistent. Regardless, Serena broke the rules so the violations were warranted. If Serena had simply not committed any more violations that were in her control (racket abuse and verbal abuse), she wouldve had no problems. When you get a warning from an umpire, regardless of whether or not it may be fair, you make sure you dont get any more because you are SUBJECT TO PENALTIES AT THE DISCRETION OF THE UMPIRE.

This is off topic now so I'll be done with the tennis talk.

Although I'll give serena this, that whole debacle was entertaining even though it was screwed up for Osaka

Lol... i mean ive faced the same rules at the junior level. I actually play tennis... ur sitting and watching a match for a shoe. Regardless sure i wouldnt call myself an umpire either

But When umpires make discretionary calls could be of concern, but Ramos specifically has been pretty consistent. Regardless, Serena broke the rules so the violations were warranted. If Serena had simply not committed any more giolations that were in her control (racket abuse and verbal abuse), she wouldve had no problems. When you get a warning from an umpire, regardless of whether or not it may be fair, you make sure you dont get any more because you are SUBJECT TO PENALTIES AT THE DISCRETION OF THE UMPIRE.

This is off topic now so I'll be done with the tennis talk.

I'm glad you play. I know for a fact though you dont know I'm watching tennis because of sneakers, because ummmm...im not. Never said she didnt commit violations, just curious why he picks and chooses when he calls them and what players he calls them on. Yeah we can move on from tennis

Thats not how penalties work. Umpires don't pick and choose the severity of a penalty (ok well some umpires can be more lax, but they really shouldn't Ramos followed the rules to the T), there is a system in place to disburse penalties (and she had already gotten a warning). This is how penalties are given:

1st Violation: Warning
2nd Violation: Point Penalty (which she had gotten before the game)
3rd Violation and Every Subsequent Violation: Game Penalty (or even default the match)

Breaking a racquet is quite common, but it is very much against the rules. Often that is a 1st violation in many matches resulting in only a warning and making the player be more reserved in his or her behavior. Serena did not become any more reserved and focused on the match and rather made herself out to be a victim. She wouldn't let up and the ref was quite patient with Serena as she continuously berated him. The umpire couldn't even try to calm Serena as Serena wouldn't let him speak. Serena deserved every violation as she could've avoided everything if she didn't persist and just minded her own game. The umpire applied the rules fairly and has nothing to apologize for. Serena is the one who needs to apologize as she really ruined the match.

Seems like most people who defend Serena don't actually know tennis...

Also, just because it is a grand slam finals match, it does not mean the rules of the game change. Serena has gotten away with this behavior before....
Agreed. Related to this, I just saw John McEnroe: In the Realm of Perfection at Film Forum. It's very, very good.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/21/movies/john-mcenroe-in-the-realm-of-perfection-review.html

Got a violation for a hand gesture and "attitude" (despite the fact he did curse in serbian even though im not sure if it was directly towards anybody, Ramos clearly didnt understand what he said)

Both men and women have said worse with/without penalty.

This isn't a gender, race, or any other issue whatsoever. This is just an umpire who is historically more strict than other umpires, but he did nothing wrong.Serena broke the rules.

Also, she didn't get verbal abuse violation for calling him a thief. Serena went on an egotistical tangent about how he should apologize to her, how she claims the umpire is attacking her character, and the thief thing was the cherry on top (and im pretty sure there was more that i cant remember on the top of my head). Attacking the integrity of an umpire in most sports gets you thrown out of the game.

Ramos still a *****

Same dudes giving Serena flack probably the same dude arguing a travel call in a local pick up game.

That doesn’t earn you any money. Or championships. Or scholarships. Or a sponsor. You actually even pay to go to the gym!

So seeing a professional be passionate or upset about something is completely within reason.

all of a sudden Unicorn Hunter plays tennis.

game. set. match.
Lmfao u still goin on about ur boyfriend Unicorn Hunter? He aint here sorry... get over him he prob left u after he thought he got more money scamming the dude here

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom