Nike SB Jordan 1 to be released in 2012 (topics merged)

Originally Posted by OneManDeep

would be pretty awesome. hope they are limited, it would suck if EVERYONE had them

Please no. 
30t6p3b.gif

I don't care if everyone gets it. I just want to make sure I have my own pair.

-Drew

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by ijapino

I guess I'm not surprised....They've already whored out the AJ1 as much as they possibly could. Why not kill it?

One thing's for sure..Nike Air would finally return to the Jordan 1. If they did this right, the could make a killing. I wouldnt be opposed to a Jordan 1 with Zoom Air and extra padding.

S... from what I understand Mike will NEVER EVER allow Nike Air to reappear on a Jordan Product on the back as it once did.  His thought is he worked too hard to get the Jordan Brand where it is and wants only the Jumpman on his footwear until they stop paying him.

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Originally Posted by ijapino

I guess I'm not surprised....They've already whored out the AJ1 as much as they possibly could. Why not kill it?

One thing's for sure..Nike Air would finally return to the Jordan 1. If they did this right, the could make a killing. I wouldnt be opposed to a Jordan 1 with Zoom Air and extra padding.

S... from what I understand Mike will NEVER EVER allow Nike Air to reappear on a Jordan Product on the back as it once did.  His thought is he worked too hard to get the Jordan Brand where it is and wants only the Jumpman on his footwear until they stop paying him.
See, that's where his demand is flawed. I understand that, but with OG un-retroed colorways dwindling, he needs to do something to get the older collectors' money. I thought I would never see a Jordan 1 in a SB form but there's nothing else to do with that sneaker that could generate hype than to add Nike Air branding somewhere on that shoe. Even if there is Nike Air on the tag, they still could throw a Jumpman on the back or in the insole.
From what I hear, these will be a simple colorway and will not be crazy. I'm guessing because of the initial pic shown, its either going to be the Red/Whites or Breds in SB form.

jordan-1-x-nike-sb-set-for-2012-release-date-0.jpg

Shout out to Modern Notoriety for the info

This year marks the 10th anniversary for Nike SB and to celebrate this special occasion, rumors have it that Nike SB is set to release an Air Jordan 1, in collaboration with Nike’s Skateboard line. No word on a release date yet but stay tuned with Modern Notoriety for more news on the Air Jordan 1 x Nike SB Collaboration Set for 2012. Via NSB

I wonder what colorways are going to drop. If the Chicagos in the pic is one of them, count me in
I definitely in if these release. Just through the Nike SB on the tongue with some quality leather and I'm copping a few of these. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by OneManDeep

would be pretty awesome. hope they are limited, it would suck if EVERYONE had them
This comment sucks. I hope everyone who wants them gets them. No More Over Hyping Please!
tired.gif

Originally Posted by MINOTAURO NOGUEIRA

Correct me if i'm wrong, but weren't there OG samples of Jordan 1s with the dunk sole????

Yes, there was an OG Air Jordan I w/a Dunk sole. They made this during the time gap between the release of the I and the II.

Originally Posted by AirThompson

Why use the 1's? They already made the Jordan dunk, the New Love SB, & Blk/Blues . . .

I'd say after the sucess of the Space Jam SB they should shy away from another pair of SB I's.
History, the Jordan I was considered one of the first shoes skaters loved to skate and wear. thus the collab for the 10th anniversary of Nike Skateboarding. 

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

PASS NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO. THEY CAN EVEN BRING BACK NIKE AIR. DON'T CARE WHAT SO EVER.

have to call foul on this one; skaters wore Jordans in the 80's probably as much as basketball players used them.  Especially the 1's and 3's.
people can't get self righteous when they don't understand the history and culture behind Nike and JB doing this.  If this is the case then I hope you don't own a pair of Dunks; Blazers or Bruins because it is the same thing.

Chin-Handplants19862.jpg

149-Jason-Jessee-and-Chris-.jpg

10-89-jeremy-henderson1.jpg

AIR-JORDAN-THRASHER-5.jpg

AIR-JORDAN-THRASHER-4.jpg

AIR-JORDAN-THRASHER-8.jpg

AIR-JORDAN-THRASHER-7.jpg

AIR-JORDAN-THRASHER-9.jpg

AIR-JORDAN-THRASHER-10.jpg

AIR-JORDAN-THRASHER-11.jpg

AIR-JORDAN-THRAHER-13.jpg

AIR-JORDAN-THRASHER-15.jpg

AIR-JORDAN-THRASHER-16.jpg

Originally Posted by StillIn729

PASS NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO. THEY CAN EVEN BRING BACK NIKE AIR. DON'T CARE WHAT SO EVER.

have to call foul on this one; skaters wore Jordans in the 80's probably as much as basketball players used them. Especially the 1's and 3's.

This.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

have to call foul on this one; skaters wore Jordans in the 80's probably as much as basketball players used them. Especially the 1's and 3's.

This.
had to drop a lil knowledge on folks because there are gonna be a lot of hypocrites in here and with what JB has already done with the 1's...you shouldn't be mad if they made them into figure skates at this point 
laugh.gif

LATE....All my Jordan 1s are SB anyways....b/c I've always replaced the insoles with SB ones anyway.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

But seriously this is a bit interesting.  They may turn out to be terrible though.We'll see.

have to call foul on this one; skaters wore Jordans in the 80's probably as much as basketball players used them.  Especially the 1's and 3's.
people can't get self righteous when they don't understand the history and culture behind Nike and JB doing this.  If this is the case then I hope you don't own a pair of Dunks; Blazers or Bruins because it is the same thing.

DON'T OWN ANY DUNKS, BLAZERS, OR BRUINS. ONLY JORDAN RETROS, LEBRONS, PENNIES, BARKLEYS AND PIPPENS IN MY CLOSET. WHATEVER SKATERS DO WITH THEIR SHOES HAS NO EFFECT ON MY PURCHASING HABITS. JUST CAN'T LET MYSELF GET INTO BUYING THESE MIX UPS THAT SEEM TO BE POPULAR AT THE MOMENT. ONLY WAY I WOULD COP IS IF THEY CAME WITH FREE MONEY OR AN OUNCE OF GOLD.

DOPE PICS BY THE WAY.

Back
Top Bottom