Nike SB Jordan 1 to be released in 2012 (topics merged)

I really think that if this is the only way I'll be able to get a Non patent colorway of this shoe (white/black/red) without paying rape prices for 94's then I'll have to jump on the bandwagon.....Of course I'm going to have to convince myself of the sb tongue tag thought. We'll see when they get here!

i can see this going very well. nike sb colorways are usually simple and the jordan 1 is used for skateboarding by many people. the older retros (1994) and the og pair also have a very padded fat tongue that would make them perfect for an sb shoe. and a jordan 1 and a nike dunk is basically the same shoe anyways so whats the difference really between these and a dunk sb? i have a feeling that these are gonna look just like the 1994 retro 1s.

Air-Jordan-1-Nike-SB-Release-Date-01.jpg

When we reported that Jordan Brand would be “on board

I hope it is the OG white/red/black too!!!! That would be dope! Nike on the tongue just to top it off please!!!

Originally Posted by stillxmental

The AJ1 has actually been credited with being one of the best skate shoes of all time.  So this does not surprise me.  This could be a cool concept if they can pull it off.  I just hope they use some OG colorways with maybe a little flair, but stay pretty true to the OG. 

I'm really excited for this collabo (As I said in the other thread). 
laugh.gif

If they made Royal 1s with some extra cushioning or stuffed tongue on a AJ1, I would scoop them up in a heartbeat.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

-Drew

as an enthusiast that skates & collects kicks i'm definitely into seeing what they do with this "mashup" I'm currently skating a pair of jor-dunks right now...

Originally Posted by ijapino

I guess I'm not surprised....They've already whored out the AJ1 as much as they possibly could. Why not kill it?

This is awesome Since I love both SB and Jordan this will be a great piece to compliment my collection. My only concern is they release these at mall stores like zumiez instead of keeping it 100% skate.

Originally Posted by sthebest

I guess I'm not surprised....They've already whored out the AJ1 as much as they possibly could. Why not kill it?

One thing's for sure..Nike Air would finally return to the Jordan 1. If they did this right, the could make a killing. I wouldnt be opposed to a Jordan 1 with Zoom Air and extra padding.
Thats not for certain. Jordan Brand would probably just slap on the Jumpman like they did with the Phats.

i thought the phats were kinda decent.. i cant wait for the photos

Originally Posted by Swagadelphia

This is awesome Since I love both SB and Jordan this will be a great piece to compliment my collection. My only concern is they release these at mall stores like zumiez instead of keeping it 100% skate.
Didnt know it mattered where they were released at as long as they were available

@theprinceofde Where shoes release plays a part for sure its one of the top reasons SB is so coveted. As well as a huge reason SB even exists today as we know it. The SB strategy of being 100% skate and not in every FL,Pac Sun etcis the main reason Nike was able to tap into that market.

i skate jordans anyway, it'll be interesting to see if i like these more or less than skating retros

Hopefully they will remove all jumpmans from this shoe and keep all the original Nike branding.

Why use the 1's? They already made the Jordan dunk, the New Love SB, & Blk/Blues . . .

I'd say after the sucess of the Space Jam SB they should shy away from another pair of SB I's.

Back
Top Bottom