Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

So consensus is this pair is a bit more snug compared to Vapormax?

Vapormax is a shoe I just can't really wear.

I'm a true US13, and Flyknit Racer US13 fits perfectly. But Vapormax is US13 is snug especially at the lace area, and US14 which I tried was a tad too long. There's no US13.5 either, so I guess this shoe is also out for me.

The heat map I posted sums it up for me. That area supposedly requires the most focus, therefore they added more foam there but it just made my foot feel unstable, causing me to supinate. At least Lunar is just a flat layer of foam. Sure, it doesn't offer the "bounce" that React does but I don't need that. What I'm looking for at the very least is good impact absorption and Lunar provides that just fine. Again, just my opinion.

The heat map I posted sums it up for me. That area supposedly requires the most focus, therefore they added more foam there but it just made my foot feel unstable, causing me to supinate. At least Lunar is just a flat layer of foam. Sure, it doesn't offer the "bounce" that React does but I don't need that. What I'm looking for at the very least is good impact absorption and Lunar provides that just fine. Again, just my opinion.

But doesn't Lunar bottom out and lose the cushion it provides much faster? I love Lunar too but after wearing it for a while it just seemed to give out and then it wasn't good at all. Hopefully React doesn't have that issue.

But doesn't Lunar bottom out and lose the cushion it provides much faster? I love Lunar too but after wearing it for a while it just seemed to give out and then it wasn't good at all. Hopefully React doesn't have that issue.
Well I don't know how long this React cushion will last, but with most Foam based cushioning, I pretty much expect the cushion to bottom out sooner than later. Only foam-based running shoe I've worn that still feels just as good as day 1 are the Brooks Glycerin.

Had my navy pair from RunnerInn cancelled. Apparently, they weren't available? And yet they are still selling them on their site...

These vs Lunar Epics vs Zoom Flys vs Max 270, I wonder which is the softest cushioning

Last edited:
unless you run daily, you shouldn't even talk about bottoming out and all that BS

if you are just walking around in them all this talk is mute

Rory rocking the epic react.

701D8FC9-D50B-483A-B065-BA4FCD62797B.png

I initially thought the all white is the route I’m going to take but I don’t know that blue and pink are a nice touch. Might give it more of a summer feel, makes it pop.

Back
Top Bottom