Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

not my sale but I was shocked, I thought it was 10% :lol:

so should've been under $100

WILD

not my sale but I was shocked, I thought it was 10% :lol:

so should've been under $100

WILD
different categories get different fees now, i think jerseys are 12.9% and get this: if you sell to a buyer who's somewhere like China, but are using a forwarding service that you ship to a US address, YOU get hit with an international fee too (1.65%)

the patches the eBay seller sold me are the exact same, if not a deeper black/ white, than what the heat put on the jersey. Top is my Bam authentic from TMHS and the bottom obviously is the unsewn patch from the seller

Attachments

• D798DA8B-D26B-4566-B482-FC13E6704DDC.jpeg
    D798DA8B-D26B-4566-B482-FC13E6704DDC.jpeg
    485.9 KB · Views: 472
different categories get different fees now, i think jerseys are 12.9% and get this: if you sell to a buyer who's somewhere like China, but are using a forwarding service that you ship to a US address, YOU get hit with an international fee too (1.65%)
think thats what happened too upon looking at the screenshot he sent

at least no fees to sell sneakers :lol: not like I use ebay anymore

This patch business is a little weird because I want to add them to my retail authentics that came without.

However, the only way to get a "legit" patch is to buy a swingman from a team store, try to remove the patch & put it on the authentic. And that's not even a guarantee to be a successful job.

This patch business is a little weird because I want to add them to my retail authentics that came without.

However, the only way to get a "legit" patch is to buy a swingman from a team store, try to remove the patch & put it on the authentic. And that's not even a guarantee to be a successful job.

Sometimes there is a patch difference too between the two tiers. Authentic for, some teams come with a higher quality patch.

Thanks for the education, very interesting indeed. Why doesn't Nike do their own lettering/naming? Aren't they in control of which players have jerseys to sell?
there are various licensing deals that convolute what jerseys can be sold where and how. silver crystal has the rights to letter jerseys sold in arena for most teams in the big four NA sports leagues. fanatics has the rights to produce mlb jerseys sold at retail and they own majestic hence the reason nike uses majestic shells. mitchell and ness has the rights to hwc which is ostensibly why you dont see nike auth throwbacks. nike lettered jerseys are what you see in niketown and in the rare shops that carry auths like just sports and certain footlockers

I think it's only selected teams. Curry statement jersey from Footlocker, and Kawhi city from NDC came with ad patch already. However, AD city, Dame city, Kyrie city & Durant statement all from NDC didn’t have ad patches.

So I'm not sure about this info that Nike is making ad patches.
nike is 100% making ad patches. the gamers use a proprietary twill that only nike has. i have an acquaintance that works for silver crystal and i asked him why they dont use nike twill to customize in arena jerseys and he said they cant source the material. it would make zero sense that arena jerseys have gamer patches but still use standard twill for numbering

Yeah, it's kind of weird how their picking and choosing. I don't think anyone's found a solid reason yet.
i'm not sure but my guess is just manufacture dates. as we know nike produces jerseys in seasonal runs. i'm guessing the jerseys that dont have ad patches were the earliest in this years production cycle. the pre-application of patches perhaps started happening to circumvent supply chain issues further delaying the availability of jerseys/patches at team shops

if you’re just getting the jersey for yourself and have no intent on ever selling. Then by all means get whatever patch you can. But if you plan on selling at some point, there may be some potential buyers who nitpick the authenticity of the patch.

Personally I don’t care for sponsor patches at all so I’m fine getting stuff for my personal collection without them. Patch or no patch is fine with me. Whatever I can get easier and at a lower price point is the option I’m picking.

I’m going to say it again and I’m not trying to be a d*ck. But you can explain how something looks to me all day long but without a photo I don’t care. The fact someone is upset over virtual likes is beyond me and I will never understand what there is to gain from it. Am I appreciative of any info, yeah…. But if I don’t like someone’s post please don’t take it personal because to me it’s not that serious 😂

Back
Top Bottom