Nike Lebron 20

Have we seen the REAL XX’s?

• Yes

Votes: 107 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 35 24.6%

• Total voters
I just can't do sweats with socks over the bottom. I prefer to play in shorts with 3/4 tights and quarter or no show socks. Compression and warmth of the 3/4 tights helps with my hamstrings and knees, but my lower legs breath and help keep me from overheating and sweating too much.

I just can't do sweats with socks over the bottom. I prefer to play in shorts with 3/4 tights and quarter or no show socks. Compression and warmth of the 3/4 tights helps with my hamstrings and knees, but my lower legs breath and help keep me from overheating and sweating too much.
You lost me at no show socks 😭

I can’t hoop in anything except Nike elite socks

You lost me at no show socks 😭

I can’t hoop in anything except Nike elite socks
But my no shows are elite socks.
shopping

Probably just depends on what you prefer. XX has more cushion. NXXT has more of a low to the ground feeling.

Idk bout y’all but seems like everyone hooped in tights (under shorts) a few years ago but not as much now. I’m in Florida which could play a part. Like it be a zillion degrees here so even though we play indoors i admit I used to wear tights but rarely do now.

For as much research and development some of you guys put into your gym attire, you better be MJ level gawd at the local YMCA.

*Shrugs*
Real talk, as mentioned above, I'm assuming most of us on NT got old brittle knees. I'm not even 30 yet but I tore my meniscus and had surgery when I was 20. Very minor arthroscopic procedure but it was a humbling experience. I never cared about hoop shoes tech-wise til after that when I learned I had to take better care of myself. Zoom air and dense foam for me only for running and basketball ever since.

Real talk, as mentioned above, I'm assuming most of us on NT got old brittle knees. I'm not even 30 yet but I tore my meniscus and had surgery when I was 20. Very minor arthroscopic procedure but it was a humbling experience. I never cared about hoop shoes tech-wise til after that when I learned I had to take better care of myself. Zoom air and dense foam for me only for running and basketball ever since.

I’m turning 37 this year and haven’t had any knee injuries yet, mostly ankle and hand / finger ones from hoops. I do weight train my lower body twice a week and incorporate a variety of plyos and movement drills. It does help that I am a professional trainer lol, but I wasn’t always. Used to work a desk job in finance when I was younger.

For anyone trying to rehab or fix their knee pain, I recommend starting with body weight isometrics and slow eccentrics. You have to build up the breaks in a car before you focus on the speed and acceleration.

Can you describe or show some common exercises that you recommend people do?
Isometric means holding an exercise for time. I like to start people off holding a deep lunge with the back knee hovering above the ground. Start off with the front knee making about a 90 degree angle and do a few sets of 30 second holds.

Eccentrics means the lowering phase of an exercise and is usually when the involved muscles are being lengthened / stretched. Slow eccentrics builds stamina and endurance in a muscle and help with durability (car breaks analogy). Someone like d rose had insane burst and power but not enough eccentric strength and stability to control it, hence the injuries.

A good starting exercise for eccentrics is lowering yourself down to a chair or couch while standing only on one leg. So lower yourself on one leg, stand up on two, and repeat for like 10 reps per leg. Try to count to 3 as you lower down and don’t fall on to your butt.

Not sure how to post video clips here, so here is a screenshot. I’m doing these for reps (also standing up on one leg) which is the next step after the eccentrics.

Attachments

• A9CADC47-9F27-46C6-BE19-91A8FCF40422.png
    A9CADC47-9F27-46C6-BE19-91A8FCF40422.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,669
Isometric means holding an exercise for time. I like to start people off holding a deep lunge with the back knee hovering above the ground. Start off with the front knee making about a 90 degree angle and do a few sets of 30 second holds.

Eccentrics means the lowering phase of an exercise and is usually when the involved muscles are being lengthened / stretched. Slow eccentrics builds stamina and endurance in a muscle and help with durability (car breaks analogy). Someone like d rose had insane burst and power but not enough eccentric strength and stability to control it, hence the injuries.

A good starting exercise for eccentrics is lowering yourself down to a chair or couch while standing only on one leg. So lower yourself on one leg, stand up on two, and repeat for like 10 reps per leg. Try to count to 3 as you lower down and don’t fall on to your butt.

Not sure how to post video clips here, so here is a screenshot. I’m doing these for reps (also standing up on one leg) which is the next step after the eccentrics.

Thanks! Soon as I stood up to do one I remembered doing them in years gone by. Appreciate you!

Thanks! Soon as I stood up to do one I remembered doing them in years gone by. Appreciate you!
There’s actually a lot of good stuff people can do at home with little to no equipment and just body weight. The next step to progress these exercises is to turn them into reps up and down, and eventually into jumps. Here’s an old clip of me doing some stuff. Wish I still had those Kobe’s lol

Damn, great tips B bigHazy32 - time to get rid of my knee pain 🙌🏾 thanks my bro
Any time man. One other thing to mention is training the tibialis which is the shin muscle. Basketball players typically over use their calves and have underdeveloped tibialis, which are meant to be shock absorbers.

When you land from jumping or when you plant to make a jump, the shin muscles should be absorbing some of that force (take a look at pro dunkers and how they use their plant foot, rotating the foot and planting with the outside edge of the heel) and if the tibialis is weak, all that shock goes straight to the knees and you get jumpers knee.

You can strengthen them by leaning against a wall with your feet out in front of you and just flexing your toes up while keeping your knees relatively straight. Work up to 3-5 sets of 25 a couple times a week. I like to use them as good warmup or cooldown after hoop sessions.

Back
Top Bottom