Nike Lebron 20

Have we seen the REAL XX’s?

• Yes

Votes: 107 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 35 24.6%

• Total voters
I had to switch up to an 11.5 for these. The Sz 11 my toe was right at the edge. My Kd 15s in an 11 fit like these do in an 11.5. The trinity colorway is what I have in case anyone wonders.

Attachments

• B2D8A72C-54AC-4A25-8C1F-1F2B2E17944B.jpeg
    B2D8A72C-54AC-4A25-8C1F-1F2B2E17944B.jpeg
    352.2 KB · Views: 229
I had to switch up to an 11.5 for these. The Sz 11 my toe was right at the edge. My Kd 15s in an 11 fit like these do in an 11.5. The trinity colorway is what I have in case anyone wonders.
My big toe sits at the same spot in size 10 violet frost as size 10.5 trinity. Definitely fit differently for me based on colorways.

Also, fedex man stole my damn gt cut2 it seems. Claimed was delivered today - left at back door signature not required. But I live in a 40 floor apartment complex and all packages gotta be left at the Amazon hub or the front desk with signatures…. Mf took a picture of the box inside of the FedEx truck as proof of delivery. I’m sick.

I found that the KD15s have a really narrow toe box. I haven't had the same fit issues with the Trinitys as you guys. I might have not been paying attention though.

You had to get surgery to fix a problem the shoe caused? What happened?

The friction from wearing that shoe the whole 13-14 season led to me developing tailor bunions on my pinky toes to which I had to get them surgically shaved down.

Never again with the 11. That drop in midsole section around the pinky toe area was like a hacksaw with all the friction. I don’t blame.

Holy crap that is insane. What was the injury and are you fully recovered?

What I ended up doing was replacing the lebron midsole with the Kobe 9 midsole, which lowered the height by like half an inch and let my foot fit properly in the shoe. Impact protection went way down but court feel and comfort went way up.

The Kobe 9 and 11 drop in midsoles were super comfortable for my foot shape. Matter fact the Kobe 9 and 11 are two of my favorite hoop shoes of all time. I do wish I still had the lebron 11 midsoles though, I lost them during one of my moves. I tried using them in my Kobe 9s for a while but they didn’t quite fit that well and my foot was popping out the top of the shoe.

Did you ever try the Jordan 2013 choose your flight system? I still have a pair and the drop in midsole in that one has max air heel and zoom air forefoot and isn’t too thick so it fits the foot well.

Yes I’m good now. So this was the 13-14 season. I got the surgery done in 2015. Im recovered.

Looks wise the 11 was not bad. Kinda dived off the cliff after the Kings pride colorway.

I didn’t try the 2013 Jordan. Or even the 2012.

I have played in the Time Machines a good 2.5 months now and they are my absolute favorite right now with respect to court feel, weight, materials and comfort. I have never liked any Lebrons and I did try, but the in store wear/ trying on a pair made me dislike every single one.

I played in Kobe Protro's the last 3 years and the cushioning of the XXs just beats them by a longshot. I wore the Protro Vs and XXs alternating during practice the last couple of weeks and the result was clear. I still do hope very much though that the Protro 8s will be better than the XXs!

With age feet get super picky! I am actually a Penny fan since the mid 90s, but Nike sadly decided to release his retros with inferior/ nonsuitable on court materials to be honest. I did a detailed report on these a couple months back.

Anyways I hope 1-2 great colourways of the XX will still release.

I have played in the Time Machines a good 2.5 months now and they are my absolute favorite right now with respect to court feel, weight, materials and comfort. I have never liked any Lebrons and I did try, but the in store wear/ trying on a pair made me dislike every single one.

I played in Kobe Protro's the last 3 years and the cushioning of the XXs just beats them by a longshot. I wore the Protro Vs and XXs alternating during practice the last couple of weeks and the result was clear. I still do hope very much though that the Protro 8s will be better than the XXs!

With age feet get super picky! I am actually a Penny fan since the mid 90s, but Nike sadly decided to release his retros with inferior/ nonsuitable on court materials to be honest. I did a detailed report on these a couple months back.

Anyways I hope 1-2 great colourways of the XX will still release.

Do you wear the same size in the lebron 20 as your Kobe protro ? Which shoe fits tighter in your opinion? I wore size 10 in all the original Kobe’s but I’ve heard the protro run smaller.

I’m a big penny fan too and bought the social status penny 2 retros, but ultimately returned them as the quality was not great in hand. Glue stains everywhere and felt like flat bricks on feet with no cushioning or bounce. Literally no different than wearing Timbs.

Do you wear the same size in the lebron 20 as your Kobe protro ? Which shoe fits tighter in your opinion? I wore size 10 in all the original Kobe’s but I’ve heard the protro run smaller.

I’m a big penny fan too and bought the social status penny 2 retros, but ultimately returned them as the quality was not great in hand. Glue stains everywhere and felt like flat bricks on feet with no cushioning or bounce. Literally no different than wearing Timbs.

Protro 4: US 9
Protro 5: US 9.5
Protro 6: US 9.5
XX: US 9.5

The Protro 5s fit a bit tighter than the XX, but 4 and 6 are about the same. I wore the same size in the original 4-6 releases as I did in the Protros. Would love Nike to add the Protro treatment to the Penny line!

Protro 4: US 9
Protro 5: US 9.5
Protro 6: US 9.5
XX: US 9.5

The Protro 5s fit a bit tighter than the XX, but 4 and 6 are about the same. I wore the same size in the original 4-6 releases as I did in the Protros. Would love Nike to add the Protro treatment to the Penny line!

Thanks man, that was extremely helpful!

F27D0CAD-7309-4FC7-9921-28A2185DAAD2.jpeg

First wear today. I went TTS and they felt snug trying them on, but once I laced them up tight to play in, they felt about perfect fit wise.

Court was really dusty but the traction was solid. I didn’t really notice the cushioning, which is not a bad thing. Fit was good, not quite as much heel lockdown as the Jordan XXXIV I’ve been playing in but all in all, the Bron XX feels like a really solid shoe for hoop. At this point, “I don’t notice them” is about the best compliment I can give a shoe and these fall into that bucket.

Still think black laces would set them off, though maybe that was just because I had black socks today.

F27D0CAD-7309-4FC7-9921-28A2185DAAD2.jpeg

First wear today. I went TTS and they felt snug trying them on, but once I laced them up tight to play in, they felt about perfect fit wise.

Court was really dusty but the traction was solid. I didn’t really notice the cushioning, which is not a bad thing. Fit was good, not quite as much heel lockdown as the Jordan XXXIV I’ve been playing in but all in all, the Bron XX feels like a really solid shoe for hoop. At this point, “I don’t notice them” is about the best compliment I can give a shoe and these fall into that bucket.

Still think black laces would set them off, though maybe that was just because I had black socks today.
looking clean man! Im pretty much always wearing high black socks, even with black shoes.

I kinda know what you mean about the shoes feeling less tight once you lace them hard. I guess once my entire foot is in pain I can no longer feel the toes 😂😂😂

Well KD’s feet are like a kangaroo’s so they should fit more narrow lol
17BDE5AE-846D-4403-BFEE-A75A537A67B5.jpeg
79DCA63C-F6C0-4D63-9E98-E44CBA08F20E.jpeg
Yeah but they don't HAVE to keep it like his gaht damn foot. The average human being ain't built like a god damn hockey stick. They could've gave a wide option like New Balance did for Kawhi's line.

Yeah but they don't HAVE to keep it like his gaht damn foot. The average human being ain't built like a god damn hockey stick. They could've gave a wide option like New Balance did for Kawhi's line.
I’m seriously thinking of checking out kawhi sneakers esp if they come in wide.

Kobe Protros feel more narrow width wise compared to the 20’s but length wise they feel more or less the same.

TTS for all (multiple colorways for each) zero sizing or fit issues

Kobe Protros feel more narrow width wise compared to the 20’s but length wise they feel more or less the same.

TTS for all (multiple colorways for each) zero sizing or fit issues
If the Kobe’s are more narrrow than the 20s then they may not be wearable for me haha. Unless the material can stretch out and form to my foot.

Back
Top Bottom