Nike Lebron 17

For some reason, in my mind, I couldn’t justify the $225. I bought on release day and returned three days later. Then my guy at house of hoops called me a week later and I went in and tried them on and passed again. I just couldn’t come to grips with $225 when I have a closet full already. Grabbed the MTAA with a friend’s employee discount later.

Rewatched space jam earlier and the swackhammer green used on the Lebron 17 ain’t even close to the actual character. Should of been a darker green but shoes are still fire. Not letting go of these like I did with my KD IV weatherman’s awhile back :smh:
120BA863-324A-4001-9F86-E59D7EBBC1A6.jpeg

This may not be the most aesthetically pleasing shoe in lebron's line but the craftsmanship on these is amazing. I went to finishline to look and the black/purple pair. Around that shoes was some pg4, team jordans and the denim 6. Them other shoes looked cheap and out of place.

This may not be the most aesthetically pleasing shoe in lebron's line but the craftsmanship on these is amazing. I went to finishline to look and the black/purple pair. Around that shoes was some pg4, team jordans and the denim 6. Them other shoes looked cheap and out of place.

Rightfully so. LBJ is the Nike Basketball marquee athlete not to mention his lifetime contract (I can't remember the actual term).

LBJ $200; $225
Jordan Brand $170-$180
KD $150
Kyrie $130
Westbrook $130
PG $120
Giannis $120

Nike has almost every price point covered and expectedly so and thats not factoring in your genetics that could run up to $150 on the high end. There’s a huge price differential between the highest tier model and the lowest, but I’d say that not only factors in materials of each shoe but athlete popularity/market value as well.

Rightfully so. LBJ is the Nike Basketball marquee athlete not to mention his lifetime contract (I can't remember the actual term).

LBJ $200; $225
Jordan Brand $170-$180
KD $150
Kyrie $130
Westbrook $130
PG $120
Giannis $120

Nike has almost every price point covered and expectedly so and thats not factoring in your genetics that could run up to $150 on the high end. There’s a huge price differential between the highest tier model and the lowest, but I’d say that not only factors in materials of each shoe but athlete popularity/market value as well.

All the shoes you mentioned were all made in then same sweatshop with materials that total roughly $20.

The price point has more to with demand than craftsmanship. Didn't the denim 6 retail for over $200?

I expect the price points to change in the next 2 yrs if it's a popularity thing, it'll prob move to something like LBJ>MJ>KD>Greek>Kyrie/WB>PG
Of course that's pending Zion and Luka possibly getting their own shoes unless they twin up the MJ flagship model as they are currently

For some reason, in my mind, I couldn’t justify the $225. I bought on release day and returned three days later. Then my guy at house of hoops called me a week later and I went in and tried them on and passed again. I just couldn’t come to grips with $225 when I have a closet full already. Grabbed the MTAA with a friend’s employee discount later.
White knit upper would get stepped on. Giant bunching piece of plastic tongue cover. +25 premium pricing.

The question is... why wouldn't you return them.

Because not all of them bunch like that (at least not mine) and white really isn’t that hard to clean if you just take care of your shoes.

Because not all of them bunch like that (at least not mine) and white really isn’t that hard to clean if you just take care of your shoes.
The point remains, it's a gamble. Especially if you're not buying directly from someone with a reputable return policy like Nike themselves.

I just prefer to avoid the high maintenance if I can. Whether I can clean someone's dirt scuff off or not, psychologically I feel like I'm playing in a bubble.

So now some of the release calendars have the Black/Red/Gray ones releasing March 27th (instead of the 15th) and then on April 1st, the White/Metallic Gold/Black pair and White/Voltage Purple/Dynamic Yellow pair in adults and kids sizes. As a wide footer I was thinking about going a full size up on these. Probably won't work, but if the colorways look good may be worth a shot.

White knit upper would get stepped on. Giant bunching piece of plastic tongue cover. +25 premium pricing.

The question is... why wouldn't you return them.

i've had no bunching issues or cleanliness issues with my Future Airs, no cleanliness issues with my 15 cereals either, or my Kith x Lebron 15 King's Cloak all white based knit, though the future airs are more light gray than white

i've had no bunching issues or cleanliness issues with my Future Airs, no cleanliness issues with my 15 cereals either, or my Kith x Lebron 15 King's Cloak all white based knit, though the future airs are more light gray than white
I'm speaking strictly for playing in regards to cleanliness.

Unless you are too, but I thought I saw you recently say your playing days are over?

Back
Top Bottom