NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

i hear you. but they are not about to saturate the market with Kobe's! They have to preserve the legacy

What other athlete's shoes are selling out right now?

Lebrons - on shelf
Kyries - on shelf
KDs - on shelf
Paul George - trash
Harden - trash
Dame - trash
Giannis - trash
Westbrook - trash
Chris Paul - trash
Can we be honest though? The Nike basketball lineup is absolute garbage this year. The Kobe signature line is one of the greatest of all time, second to only Jordan. Nike can make the Kobes in greater supply, and they would still sell out. Releasing them in Off-White numbers is ridiculous.

Make them a semi-GR, they’ll still sellout on day one and most people can get pairs. Everyone will be happy.

Annoyed but onto the next. Thankfully got a extra pair of Grinches to use as bait for the Chaos or OCs when I inevitably strike out.

but remember when Jordan Brand started producing more shoes. Popularity decreased

joints became limited again during the pandemic, now everyone wants Js

the smart folks at Nike know what they're doing.
Why do you feel like popularity decreased? I don't think that's accurate imo.

I've been on nt since the early 2000s...in that time, I've never seen a universal disdain for nike (on nt) the way it is now. That says alot

Popularity is very small % of problem. Nike is the largest % and covid causing people to try and make money wherever they can as the other %. It mostly goes away if Nike increases production.

I want to blame Nike but with not knowing what went on behind closed doors with Vanessa and their lawyers is unfair. This is the first time Nike have to deal with a signature player's death and report of Kobe unhappy with Nike makes you wonder if they were only able to sell a percentage of the remaining shoes under contract then they start the Mamba Brand where they can start making more. Keeping the legacy alive and both sides are happy.
If Nike just being greedy and looking out for their own pockets and keeping them at the top with the hype they are creating then screw them.

And to you, just because a retro sits for a few hours longer, or maybe even a day or two here and there, equals popularity decreasing?
I mean retros were def hitting outlets in large masses some colors and models more than others. Then on nike outlet f&f promotion resellers would be there before they open to buy..... I've seen like 30, 40+ pairs of kicks

Popularity is very small % of problem. Nike is the largest % and covid causing people to try and make money wherever they can as the other %. It mostly goes away if Nike increases production.
Popularity with retro Jordan's are never part of the equation imo. Some Sneakerheads always think popularity is waning when a classic is somewhat easy to cop. All it means is that nike came closer to meeting demand. That's it.

If you want to have the popularity discussion, nmds and ultra boosts are having a "popularity" issue. Adidas can release the greatest v1 colorways and they wouldn't sell out until you gave the consumer 40-50% off. That's a popularity issue.

If nike released 500k pairs of grinch Kobe's, guess what? A few of those pairs would make it on shelves a few days...But that doesn't mean that they're any less popular.

I totally spaced out on this release...

But I probably had no shot. Looks like only 3 people hit on NT...yikes.

I mean retros were def hitting outlets in large masses some colors and models more than others. Then on nike outlet f&f promotion resellers would be there before they open to buy..... I've seen like 30, 40+ pairs of kicks
Ok, so Nike's answer to the "issue" is to make sneakers like these Kobe's, the OG air max 95s and the OG griffey in such few numbers that it makes no sense?

Ok, so Nike's answer to the "issue" is to make sneakers like these Kobe's, the OG air max 95s and the OG griffey in such few numbers that it makes no sense?
I dont have an answer to that.... I'm just agreeing JO retros were def not as popular. That could be due to folks tastes in designs they released and also the amount and how often they release Jo's. Kobes would never get that much releases as we saw with the introduction of the protro line.

I want to blame Nike but with not knowing what went on behind closed doors with Vanessa and their lawyers is unfair. This is the first time Nike have to deal with a signature player's death and report of Kobe unhappy with Nike makes you wonder if they were only able to sell a percentage of the remaining shoes under contract then they start the Mamba Brand where they can start making more. Keeping the legacy alive and both sides are happy.
If Nike just being greedy and looking out for their own pockets and keeping them at the top with the hype they are creating then screw them.

In this case its either Nike or Vanessa in which you gonna get white knights saying leave her alone. 😂. Whichever side it is, it’s ******* the consumer over.

And to you, just because a retro sits for a few hours longer, or maybe even a day or two here and there, equals popularity decreasing?

they were sitting longer than a day, not every single one was selling out and im talking mainly non-og colorways

now every single color way is selling out instantly, nothing even sits for 5 minutes

Hit on SNKRS. Didn't even realize I got through DSG since I was also trying to enter the draw for the dunks as well. By the time I realized, I clicked my size and hit checkout on DSG. Got to another queue and never got outta that. Man, wonder if I could've managed on DSG had I been paying attention. I'm just glad SNKRS was nice to me considering how much I've been dropping on resell for the 5's

Hit on SNKRS. Didn't even realize I got through DSG since I was also trying to enter the draw for the dunks as well. By the time I realized, I clicked my size and hit checkout on DSG. Got to another queue and never got outta that. Man, wonder if I could've managed on DSG had I been paying attention. I'm just glad SNKRS was nice to me considering how much I've been dropping on resell for the 5's
Lol

I've gone from someone who used to purchase 20+ pairs of Kobe's each year (retail releases and IDs) to zero. Last release I purchased was the Jokers (in-store at FL).

I don't even attempt SNKRS. I'm of the opinion they're using the circumstances of what happened to create hype (which at the end of the day is done to bolster profits brand-wide). I'm not going to reward a company that does that with my business (I'm sure they'll get by with my measly couple bucks...LOL).

Online clothing retailers manage to offer 'pre-orders' and 'made to order' seasonal releases and manage to profit. Not only do they make profits...they are also corporately responsible by doing business that way...since it reduces waste, avoids the costs associated with surplus stock and reduces the demands placed on the parties that have to physically produce the products.

I think Lionel trains take pre-orders for their releases. I believe Ford also took pre-orders for the Bronco. Nike can't figure this out? SMH....

9BBA000B-80DB-4B46-8E9E-16772A984BE6.png

Snrks dub 😎

Back
Top Bottom