Nike Air Yeezy Red October 2 Thread Officially Released VIA NDC 2/9. No BUYING/SELLING/TRADING.

and unless they remake a $#%t ton, and i do mean a TON (like, GR numbers), and they're the same exact quality, i don't see them effecting the existing pairs' value at all anyways...

and unless they remake a $#%t ton, and i do mean a TON (like, GR numbers), and they're the same exact quality, i don't see them effecting the existing pairs' value at all anyways...
The value would likely weirdly just go up for a while then level out if they are the same quality and a low number. 

I doubt people with them would let go, and people would buy them in droves and sell them for outlandish number for a few weeks then prices would probably fall back to where they are now.

Also I don't think they care too much about promoing kanye, they wouldn't even give him royalties, end of the day its more money in their pockets and grabbing attention from their competitor. 

I think the ridiculous number of shoes nike has been releasing in the solar colorway speaks volumes.

it's not a mistake that most nikeID's have limited colors but seem to often weirdly have near matches for the solar colorway.

They realize exactly what they have.

The value would likely weirdly just go up for a while then level out if they are the same quality and a low number. 
I doubt people with them would let go, and people would buy them in droves and sell them for outlandish number for a few weeks then prices would probably fall back to where they are now.

Also I don't think they care too much about promoing kanye, they wouldn't even give him royalties, end of the day its more money in their pockets and grabbing attention from their competitor. 

I think the ridiculous number of shoes nike has been releasing in the solar colorway speaks volumes.
it's not a mistake that most nikeID's have limited colors but seem to often weirdly have near matches for the solar colorway.
They realize exactly what they have.

I agree, the price prolly would just go up. Simply cuz the hype would go back up. Same way people said the Y2 would drive down the price of Y1's, but they actually went up... Cuz the hype just drew more attention to the brand over all...

I disagree tho about them not caring about promoting Kanye... They made it clear that was an issue the way they handled the release of RO's vs. the way they marketed every other Yeezy prior to them. They made it a point not to promote him at all this time. We're lucky they even dropped them at all. I'm surprised they didn't just destroy the pairs. It was rumored that they did, so I was glad they dropped at all, even tho I missed the release (at least made it easier and a lil cheaper to acquire a pair, compared to the $6K they were going for prior to release)...

If Nike re-released any of the Yeezys, that would be the biggest middle finger to Ye. Makes no sense though. They barely released the Red Octobers and wanted absolutely nothing to  do with them, so why would they want to give him any attention at all? I wouldn't complain. Need those Solars to complete my Y2 set  
smokin.gif

It's nike. Yeezys will definitely be retroed in some way shape or form in time. When and how is the question

If Nike re-released any of the Yeezys, that would be the biggest middle finger to Ye.

i mean, how tho? when one of Ye's big beefs was he wanted to mass produce them, and it was nike who wanted to keep them limited?

right?

he prolly wants them to drop more, and just hype his name up even more...

again, maybe they think it would steal his thunder some with adidas, but like you also said, it would really just bring more attention to Ye, which will ultimately help Ye more than them (cuz unless they released Y's in big numbers, the lil' bit of money they would make from them is chump change... they've made all the money off Ye they intended to make i think, cuz i don't think their venture with Ye was ever about making money directly really, it was about the hype they created for the brand in general, which made them much more money indirectly than selling a few thousand yeezy sneakers)...

If Nike retro'ed the Yeezy line (which they definetly will at some point). Kanye would see that as the biggest compliment to his work

Nike will retro the yeezy, they retro almost everything at some point. Knowing Nike they'll even have retro+ colorways.

It really depends on how stubborn NIKE wants to be. Retroing the Yeezy would be a huge complement to Kanye, not a slap in the face and it appears that Mark Parker doesn't seem to care much for the series. If there is one thing I've learned from NIKE is they could care less about what we want. We take what they give us.

I see them continuing to ***** out Yeezy colorways on other models way before a retro is ever considered.

Last edited:
i wonder what tblake meant with the tweet. if anything i could see nike putting ROs in a restock but idk what else he could be talking about

Maybe he just meant that the Adidas line will be so good, people wouldn't want the Nike pairs anymore. Like the yeezys will be a little thing of the past.

I honestly think some people are blowing his tweet out of proportion, wanting to believe that they will restock, especially in high numbers.

I think tblake also said it was another chance for him to buy at retail so I'm guessing that -- reading the tea leaves -- it will be part of a restock this week.

Back
Top Bottom