Nike Air VaporMax

In fact show me one professional runner running in them at a race (not a fun event) and I’ll eat my own ****.

In fact show me one professional runner running in them at a race (not a fun event) and I’ll eat my own ****.

Vapormax, like air max was, are a shorter distance running shoe. The longer distance and marathon racing shoes for mobile are the Pegasus, vomero, flyknit racer for marathons and now the zoom fly for longer distance as well. Each shoe serves a purpose.

You don't see someone putting with an iron. But they are both used for golf.

Vapormax are flyknit so if you want them for running you'd have to buy a snug pair and let em break in. People will buy their true size or half size up for comfort but once they break in they're done if you run in them bc now they're loose and slipping off your foot. Not every shoe is for everyone. I own a pair of ultra boost but I also have chronic knee pain so that soft sole kills my knees/back but there's other who can wear em for an entire day no problem

I’m a little concerned this recent laceless release for the black pair that they’re gonna do us dirty again and release a noir laceless?

Took pics next to my TB 2.0 and the 2s look darker
3104949E-A2EA-4392-9385-51199483D858.jpeg
B7DB8093-2FFB-402B-BF88-70EF85928692.jpeg

Yup can’t trust these companies at this point. Both Nike and Adidas dropping 10 different triple black versions lol

Yup can’t trust these companies at this point. Both Nike and Adidas dropping 10 different triple black versions lol

It’s annoying like someone said a few pages back it makes consumers wary going forward, I will probably return this pair keep them on ice until Nike announce a true triple black pair

I’m a little concerned this recent laceless release for the black pair that they’re gonna do us dirty again and release a noir laceless?

Took pics next to my TB 2.0 and the 2s look darker
3104949E-A2EA-4392-9385-51199483D858.jpeg
B7DB8093-2FFB-402B-BF88-70EF85928692.jpeg
Your laceless look a little snug?

Wore the triple blacks today to break them in...was with the fam and walked inside a few shoe stores and everyone wanted to know about the shoes. It sounded like they thought it would be more of a GR but that didn't happen.

At Nordstrom a clerk remarked at the Vapormax at how dope they were. He had never seen them before and asked a bunch of questions.

They really are triple black compared to the other releases....here is a pic I shot today of triple black/anthracite/nike id's together to give a better idea.
IMG_1205.JPG

They are 100% a running shoe. Just because you wouldn't run in them doesn't mean it's not a runner. Is it the best runner? Depends on what you want in a shoe when you run.

Vapormax is essentially an air max sole with half the weight. I love an air max sole because it's firm and I'm heavy on my heels. Feels great for daily use. Is that what I want in a runner? No, air max and vapor max are too high off the ground for my personal preference. Feels almost like your running in cleats and I like having 'ground feel'. I prefer a Pegasus or vomero due to its foam missile and zoom units in the heel and forefoot (nike best tech IMO).

Unless you have tried different running shoes or have gotten "fitted" at a niketown for what runner is best then you'll never know. But to say the vapormax isn't for running is a blatantly incorrect statement. I believe there are several lengthy review posts in this thread by the same guy who has logged many, many miles in his vapormax and gives a very detailed and knowledgeable review.

I've seen more people wearing Jordan's on the street then on the courts, does that suddenly make them not a basketball shoe anymore? Same concept.

My experience using them to run in/work out in....

Short distance's Vapormax are dope. Really lightweight and no issues around the ankle. They do feel springy which some might not like. Also if you are a big guy (I'm 6"5/250) your feel might slide more to the outter edges. This is where I prefer a normal Air Max for running or the Ultraboost. Breaking in the VaporMax is key to me.

Ultraboost are dope to me for longer distances but I feel overtime you lose the feel of the Boost. The VaporMax feels springy all day long. The Boosts with laces feet fantastic, a real glove feel. The Uncaged feels tighter and sometimes can be a bother around the ankle. My feet don't slide to the edges.

Walking around the two are so different its funny but each effective and cushy in their own way. Right now I find myself wearing the VaporMax much more and one of the pluses to me is I think the shoe just looks cool with the broken up air bubbles. I'm tired of white sole boosts and favor my black sole ones mostly now.

Back
Top Bottom