Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

saw these 35s at the outlets...
outlet peg35.jpg

$60 plus an extra 30% off the F&F sale brings it down to $42 before tax and that is an amazing deal and I actually like the gold-ish colorway and any other time it would be an insta-cop but...

I picked up that pair at the outlet during a Vegas trip when the hash was 20% off. Had a bunch of other colorways I posted some pages back. I like my Zoom Fly a little more, but they aren't bad for my needs.

I want a pair of Turbos too, but I don't run nearly enough to justify getting a pair right now.

The sole beneath the seam is almost certainly react..... It feels different. The smart money is on zoomx above and react below.

I just saw a video on YT bringing up the same report. If React is in the shoe, I’d think this would be mentioned.

The only source that says there is React is RunnersWorld. I assume they spoke to a reputable source, but seems odd they are the only one putting this out there.

I just saw a video on YT bringing up the same report. If React is in the shoe, I’d think this would be mentioned.

The only source that says there is React is RunnersWorld. I assume they spoke to a reputable source, but seems odd they are the only one putting this out there.

Nike's official website says that there is "a layer of Nike React foam"

Src: https://news.nike.com/news/nike-zoom-pegasus-turbo
Capture.PNG

Have only had a chance for a few strides in these so far, but ordering TTS was a good move. Love how light and springy they are! Can’t wait to take them for a proper run.

Attachments

• 47CE9152-2623-4BE3-9151-F7766C232AAC.jpeg
    47CE9152-2623-4BE3-9151-F7766C232AAC.jpeg
    266.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 37738D5C-62EA-465D-B26F-D9E34DDFCAE3.jpeg
    37738D5C-62EA-465D-B26F-D9E34DDFCAE3.jpeg
    457 KB · Views: 27
  • 00AAF0F9-54BF-4744-8FD2-229168D0247F.jpeg
    00AAF0F9-54BF-4744-8FD2-229168D0247F.jpeg
    240.6 KB · Views: 23
Did a sub 4 mi run in these today in the sweltering heat. I should’ve known better, it was 80 with the humidity making it feel like 91.

I was maintaining a sub 8min/mi until the humidity really started getting to me. By mile 3, I had a positive split of 1:27. Doesn’t help the amount of coffee I drank earlier in the day.

Can’t give a full review just yet because I was not pleased with how I performed but two things I noticed.

First was how different these were from the VF despite having ZoomX. The carbon fiber plate was a missing factor in these. I didn’t get that “propelling” feel like I normally do with the VF.

Second to note is the cushioning, which is going to sound odd. I did feel a bounce with these but not as bouncy as the Epic React, however; I felt less knee pain post-run in these than I do with my Reacts. I normally feel some soreness but it only lasts for a few minutes afterwards. This time around there was not much pain to note. I know some are thinking “but you only ran less than 4 mi”, well thanks to the video @sole ruler posted of him doing a compression comparison of the Zoom X soles, I did a similar for myself in the Epic Reacts and confirmed I am a heel striker.

Like I said, not happy with the run so I plan on keeping a better eye on the weather and utilizing these during a less humid time frame in the day. I still want to keep these and give them another try. I know some come run in the heat with little to no issue but me @ 205lbs on a humid day = a finished but sloppy run.

I just started training for my 4th Half Marathon, so the goal is watch my diet and hopefully drop weight during the training process which I’m sure will help with my performance, as well as adjust my mechanics to become a neutral runner.

F8C19541-7986-4136-A553-7C7566663086.jpeg

Did a sub 4 mi run in these today in the sweltering heat. I should’ve known better, it was 80 with the humidity making it feel like 91.

I was maintaining a sub 8min/mi until the humidity really started getting to me. By mile 3, I had a positive split of 1:27. Doesn’t help the amount of coffee I drank earlier in the day.

Can’t give a full review just yet because I was not pleased with how I performed but two things I noticed.

First was how different these were from the VF despite having ZoomX. The carbon fiber plate was a missing factor in these. I didn’t get that “propelling” feel like I normally do with the VF.

Second to note is the cushioning, which is going to sound odd. I did feel a bounce with these but not as bouncy as the Epic React, however; I felt less knee pain post-run in these than I do with my Reacts. I normally feel some soreness but it only lasts for a few minutes afterwards. This time around there was not much pain to note. I know some are thinking “but you only ran less than 4 mi”, well thanks to the video @sole ruler posted of him doing a compression comparison of the Zoom X soles, I did a similar for myself in the Epic Reacts and confirmed I am a heel striker.

Like I said, not happy with the run so I plan on keeping a better eye on the weather and utilizing these during a less humid time frame in the day. I still want to keep these and give them another try. I know some come run in the heat with little to no issue but me @ 205lbs on a humid day = a finished but sloppy run.

I just started training for my 4th Half Marathon, so the goal is watch my diet and hopefully drop weight during the training process which I’m sure will help with my performance, as well as adjust my mechanics to become a neutral runner.

Perspiration game A1

^ reminds me of the folks who think 60 is cold. Break out the winter jackets lol :lol:

If you’re a runner in AZ, FL, SoCal, or wherever the sun/heat is unforgiving, all respect & more power to you.

Like I said it was 80 or 80ish degF but the humidity had it feeling like 91 degF. FWIW, I didn’t stop sweating until well over an hr after the run. That usually doesn’t happen

Thanks for the info! After reading your input, it seems like the Peg Turbo isn’t for me. And I actually think the regular Peg35 might be better (for me) since it has a curve Zoom bag mimicking the plates in the ZF and VF to help propel you forward.

From dude's sweaty pic it looks like the zoom is the top layer and react on the bottom. Those who own Vapor Fly's should be able to tell. The ZoomX has a very unique feel to your fingertips, like Styrofoam...

From dude's sweaty pic it looks like the zoom is the top layer and react on the bottom. Those who own Vapor Fly's should be able to tell. The ZoomX has a very unique feel to your fingertips, like Styrofoam...

Exactly, crunchy styrofoam. I am not a scientist or a Nike insider, but from my experience with the VF, the top portion above the seam in the turbo is zoomx and the lower portion react. If the lower was zoomx, there would be more of an unstable feeling in the shoe would be my guess. Unless there are different types of ZoomX and different version was used on upper/lower portions.

i dont have the shoe yet but is it possible the second portion is a casing made of react?

I think I finally found the answer... A guy posted a vblog from an event in Japan where he handled the parts of insoles before being glued together. TLDR: ZoomX above seam, REACT below seam, and they are bowl shaped for stability.

based on the wrinkle, it is evident the top layer of the midsole is zoomx with all the wrinkles while the bottom half doesn't have as much creases

36700007_1035155789984972_2980220060859105280_n.jpg

I took these out for my first run last night and it was 80 degrees and very humid (80%). Like MrKDes MrKDes said, it’s hard to judge these on a run in this weather, but here’s my initial thoughts.

After a quick run I feel that the cushioning is springier than my Epic Reacts. I was planning on running five miles and just seeing how these felt given the weather, but I was actually able to run at a faster pace with less perceived effort (maybe it’s just that new shoe placebo effect). I ran the first mile in 7:57 and it felt great, although the heat got to me and I slowed down to 8:11 for my last mile (my mile times for 2-4 were 8:02/8:08/8:08 ). For reference, I just ran a PB half marathon a month ago at 8:20mpm so I thought this was good. Also, my legs feel pretty fresh today considering I pushed it harder yesterday than I usually do. I think there is something to the “run more miles and need less recovery time” that Kipchoge was talking about in some of the promos. I agree that there isn’t a “propelling forward” feel like there may be with the VF4% (I’ve never ran in them so I can’t compare), but there is a “bounce” to them and a noticeable difference between ZoomX and React for me.

In terms of fit, I’ve also been running in the Epic Reacts, Zoom Flys, Peg 35s and those are all 9.5s like these Turbos. I haven’t measured my foot on a Brannock device, but I wear 9.5s in almost all of my Nikes and these fit well. There was a little heel slippage when I was just walking in them, but it didn’t bother me/I didn’t notice it during the run. I’ll try tying my shoes differently next time and see if that helps.

Overall, I’m very happy with the Turbos and pumped to put some more miles on them. I’m also running Hood to Coast at the end of next month and these will definitely be on my feet for that.

IMG_3032.JPG

*EDIT - oops, didn't see the video being posted earlier, my bad.

-----------

Maybe this video confirms it.

How does everyone feel about the possible fact that the bottom half is React?

Last edited:
Maybe this video confirms it.

How does everyone feel about the possible fact that the bottom half is React?

It makes sense to me. Reebok uses the same foam compound (pebax) and they stabilize it with a layer of EVA. Nike should just make sure they're completely forthcoming about it.

It makes sense to me. Reebok uses the same foam compound (pebax) and they stabilize it with a layer of EVA. Nike should just make sure they're completely forthcoming about it.

They seem to have made the change recently on the Nike News page. I heavily remember it saying a "thin layer of React" and now it just says "layer of React." Runner's World along with a few other pages have also mentioned the notion of a "thin layer of React."

I'm honestly a bit bummed about it since I was expecting it to be full ZoomX, but I'm not mad about it to the point where I'm going to return it. Doesn't change how dynamic of a running shoe it is. Speaking of which, I did a 5K morning run yesterday, and it was solid. Ran at a 8:24/mi. pace... more about that when I give my update soon.

inconsistency is definitely annoying but yeah Nike did mention ZoomX + React in the midsole

when kipchoge said he didn't like the zoom bag with the zoomx, they probably tried react which he preferred and then had to change some of those marketing they had planned so some things are being left out

some of those details are also left out on purpose like the zoomfly actually having a layer of react but it wasn't marketed because they wanted it to be a bigger deal with it's intro in the bball and epics

inconsistency is definitely annoying but yeah Nike did mention ZoomX + React in the midsole

when kipchoge said he didn't like the zoom bag with the zoomx, they probably tried react which he preferred and then had to change some of those marketing they had planned so some things are being left out

some of those details are also left out on purpose like the zoomfly actually having a layer of react but it wasn't marketed because they wanted it to be a bigger deal with it's intro in the bball and epics

Yeah, that probably explains the omission of the Zoom Air unit. If it was too unstable with that, then the React at the heel makes sense. It also makes sense as to why I feel more of the ZoomX up front.

Back
Top Bottom