Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

getz_racer getz_racer & Mugen_EP Mugen_EP

How many miles do you guys avg on a weekly basis? What’s your running routine? Split miles throughout the day or all at once?

Between the wife, kids and work and I’m just happy to get a 15-20mi week lol

I run about 100/week when I’m marathon training. I ran 2:30:10 at grandmas this year, 1:11:15 for half back in May. From January through June this my routine was:

Mon: 60min Steady state @ MP effort
Tue: AM 90mins Easy, PM 45mins Recovery
Wed: 70min Fartlek
Thur: AM 90mins Easy, PM 45mins Recovery
Fri: 60min Steady state @ MP effort
Sat: 1.75 to 2hr Easy
Sun: 2.5hrs Long Run (60min Easy/60min Moderate/30min MP effort)

This is based on Lydiard style marathon/base training from the book “Healthy Intelligent Training” by Keith Livingstone. The Fartlek on Wednesday is a moderate run with 10-12 short sprints of 10-15sec in length. The overall goal of the training is basically to build your aerobic engine and not do much work above your anaerobic/lactate threshold (which is usually someone’s 1hr race pace). This is how Arthur Lydiards athletes did their base training. The efforts are based on HR rather than pace, but the efforts for me end up being:

Easy/Recovery: 7:15-8mpm
Moderate: 6:15-6:45
Steady state: 5:45-6:15

I have 3 kids under 6yrs old too but I run at 5:30am and am usually home before they wake up, if I sleep in then I run over lunch (I work from home).

I run about 100/week when I’m marathon training. I ran 2:30:10 at grandmas this year, 1:11:15 for half back in May. From January through June this my routine was:

This is based on Lydiard style marathon/base training from the book “Healthy Intelligent Training” by Keith Livingstone. The Fartlek on Wednesday is a moderate run with 10-12 short sprints of 10-15sec in length. The overall goal of the training is basically to build your aerobic engine and not do much work above your anaerobic/lactate threshold (which is usually someone’s 1hr race pace). This is how Arthur Lydiards athletes did their base training. The efforts are based on HR rather than pace, but the efforts for me end up being:

I have 3 kids under 6yrs old too but I run at 5:30am and am usually home before they wake up, if I sleep in then I run over lunch (I work from home).

Those are some awesome times.

I'll give the typical triathlete response of, "Must be nice to run on fresh legs!" haha

Forgot to check back in after I went for a run, definitely enjoying the peg turbos vs my old lunarglides so far, but I'm a heel striker and I felt like the shoe was bottoming out super easily? I switched to a more neutral stride and everything felt more natural, but I was wondering if anyone else had that issue or has input.

Forgot to check back in after I went for a run, definitely enjoying the peg turbos vs my old lunarglides so far, but I'm a heel striker and I felt like the shoe was bottoming out super easily? I switched to a more neutral stride and everything felt more natural, but I was wondering if anyone else had that issue or has input.

Yes, my input is to quit heel striking. Work on your mechanics.

Are you a heel striker or midfoot striker? The two can be easily confused. It's OK to heel strike and if this is the only shoe giving you problems, then maybe it just isn't the shoe for you. Ideally, I would try to record yourself and see where your foot lands in relation to your center of mass, which is more important than what part of your foot hits the ground first.

I took the Pegasus 35 for a hike today. Sharp rocks, trail, salt water, and not a scratch on them. Also, someone says "Hello"

Attachments

• IMG_20180722_125035.jpg
    IMG_20180722_125035.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 38
I'm in the middle of a marathon build/Ironman plan so right now I'm in the 55-60mi/week range. I run off the bike Tues/Thurs, speed/track work on Wed, typically pace work on Sat, and my long run on Sun. I try to knock it all out at once and as early as possible on the weekends.

Tip my hat off to you guys. That's a lot of mileage being covered in a week.

Especially to you getz_racer getz_racer your easy/recovery run is my race pace
200.gif

Here’s a short compression comparison video I made earlier today.

I tried to capture and annotate what I see as the biggest difference between the Turbo and 4% from SoleRuler's video. Both the Turbo and 4% appear to compress the same amount at the same time and absorb the downward energy. But how they then release that energy appears to be very different.

The Turbo appears to immediately release most the stored energy directly upward and then a little bit up the angled leg.

Turbo_Toe_Off.png

While the 4% appears to hold the energy later into the toe-off and release a little bit upward, then most forward and up, and then the last little bit almost directly forward.

Four_Pct_Toe_Off.png

It was hard to capture what I'm saying in the video as most of the toe off is out of the frame and the front shoe blocks the toe off of the back shoe, but if you watch the video in slow playback you should be able to see what I am talking about.

Thoughts?

Hey LA peeps the Nike Plus app has multiple sizes of the Turbos available to reserve at the Grove. I just reserved a size 10.

Disregard they sold out.

Last edited:
it's probably done by nike as a promotion for the shoes but really it looks like it's just some vynil strip, those mall kiosks could probably make them

My Peg Turbos were waiting in my office today. As most everyone has said, TTS would be the way to go. These 10's will be going back to Lebanon, IN. Will try to catch a pair on Aug 2 in proper size.
They would seem to have a place in the lineup, but for the price, I would probably take 2 pairs of ZF's.

Last edited:
My Peg Turbos were waiting in my office today. As most everyone has said, TTS would be the way to go. These 10's will be going back to Memphis. Will try to catch a pair on Aug 2 in proper size.
They would seem to have a place in the lineup, but for the price, I would probably take 2 pairs of ZF's.
That's my thought as well, so far. They are very comfortable as a casual shoe, though.

My Peg Turbos were waiting in my office today. As most everyone has said, TTS would be the way to go. These 10's will be going back to Memphis. Will try to catch a pair on Aug 2 in proper size.
did you go up or down on the 10?

Back
Top Bottom