Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

Guess that Zoom Air unit was all just a rumor. Hey, there was someone here in the forums who was looking to see ZoomX ONLY by itself. I forgot who, but if you're reading this, here you go! :D

That was ME! Yes, I'm excited that I got what I was asking for.

The development info I just read says Nike originally had a nylon plate in the PegTurbo, like in the ZF, but Kipchoge himself told them it made it too stiff and uncomfortable for training runs and everyday use. (? I guess carbon fiber is too expensive and reserved for the 4% ?) They also tried a tiny zoom unit in the heel, but the ZoomX was enough for heel strikers, and the added weight and complexity did not make sense. But pure ZoomX was too unstable so they added the thin layer of REACT on the very bottom and a rubber containment ring around outside of outsole.

I can't wait to cop these shoes and start taking some run data to compare with my modified Epic Reacts...

That was ME! Yes, I'm excited that I got what I was asking for.

The development info I just read says Nike originally had a nylon plate in the PegTurbo, like in the ZF, but Kipchoge himself told them it made it too stiff and uncomfortable for training runs and everyday use. (? I guess carbon fiber is too expensive and reserved for the 4% ?) They also tried a tiny zoom unit in the heel, but the ZoomX was enough for heel strikers, and the added weight and complexity did not make sense. But pure ZoomX was too unstable so they added the thin layer of REACT on the very bottom and a rubber containment ring around outside of outsole.

I can't wait to cop these shoes and start taking some run data to compare with my modified Epic Reacts...

That explains the omission of the Zoom Air unit! Nice find... Do you mind sending me the link to that article you read? Really interested in seeing it

36591704_245689132894597_1378446367554273280_n.jpg
OG color and these will be had

WHAT?! I'm jealous, haha! That's awesome though; congratulations! This is likely that new NRC Rewards feature Nike mentioned back in January where they said they'd reach out to certain users of the NRC app to product test stuff... except it looks like they'll let you keep it.

How many miles did you hit?
Pretty casual and just getting back into it since uni, but averaging 30mi/month. Trying to consistently hit sub-7min miles again

Also, the Turbo's from Nike just came in. Check out the imgur for more

upYDncq.png

Last edited:
i'm gon' try and wait two weeks for those to release but chances are it's going to be too tempting if i am given access to it

probably even a sure cop if given early access, earlier than the 19th :lol:

Pretty casual and just getting back into it since uni, but averaging 30mi/month. Trying to consistently hit sub-7min miles again

Also, the Turbo's from Nike just came in. Check out the imgur for more

upYDncq.png

Please share your thoughts from a running performance perspective once you’ve had a chance to log some miles.

I'm debating getting the 7/19 CW or holding out to see if the White/Black/Red is an 8/2 CW.

I'm debating getting the 7/19 CW or holding out to see if the White/Black/Red is an 8/2 CW.
If you're mostly running in them, then sure go ahead. But I don't much care for that red/pink stripe down the front. It looks like a wristband you get at the hospital. If i went into my running store and that was the only color they had, I'd get it. But if I was at the Nike store where they have everything in stock, I'd get something more subtle.

I am guessing that the reason they have two layers of ZoomX is that the plate went between the two layers and at the last second they took the nylon plate out... but that is just a guess.

looks stupid with the swoosh cut

also looks weird without the extended heel fin now :lol:

Back
Top Bottom