Nike Air Max 95 – Penny Edition – June 2010

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Ugh, these suck hard. The inspiration nowadays is a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeach.

I honestly don't understand what people see in these. Dozens of better 95 colorways, and they have almost thing to do with the Air Penny line.

the one thing i really like about these is the striped tongue. however...looking at them again...there's 3 things that could have made these better:

1. 3M top panel instead of white
2. Blue Jewel Swoosh
3. 1 cent logo on the tongue (sort of like how the parra 95's have the design on the top) like this but in black with a blue/white logo...

Nice!
pimp.gif

Why are ppl saying these aren't penny inspired??? Isn't this one of the colorways of the Penny IV?

Lol at all the "meh" responses. Im coppin. I think this colorway is consistant with the air max 95 line. Most of there colorways are simple(or maybeI'm just a sucker for royal blue & black combo's).

Pass

What does Penny have to do with running and Air Max 95's?

Just a gimmick, regular air max color with a 1/2 cent styled insole.

Meh?

Nah, these are proper. I like them. Great color combo.

Only thing is...a basketball player on the insole of a running shoe? Makes no sense.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Pass

What does Penny have to do with running and Air Max 95's?

Just a gimmick, regular air max color with a 1/2 cent styled insole.

Seriously. I love AM95s but the collaborations and straight wallet grabs with Nike thinking we're all suckers... I'm sure some dude using Nike IDalready had this CW made going "Hey! Wait a minute..."

Why Penny = running? Doesn't help the influence/homage image is on the insole where no one see it
grin.gif

IF they had incorporated a Penny logo somewhere AND some Foamposite elements it might work.

Come to think of it since Nike is toying with this nonsense BS hybrid inspired crap why haven't they done an MJ cement print AM95? Or a Kobe "BlackMamba" AM95?
nerd.gif
roll.gif

Nike is just reaching out - to your wallet & hypebeast noobs
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom