Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

agreed, but blue soles are here to stay. Initially i was against it, but my soles on Carmine VI and Concord XI lows have aged well.

The Maroons and 72-10's had clear soles. No idea whether JB has improved the coloring on the non-yellowing rubber, or whether they've returned to the old stuff. But I would expect any NA V to come with the traditional clear sole and netting

not the mama

haha yes! Glad Im not the only one who actually watched the Dinosaurs

Last edited:
Maroons and 72-10s have an opaque white tint to their soles, similar to old Reebok Questions. I'm sure this slows down yellowing, but I don't think it will look right on the V's and hope they don't use it. I'd like to see them use the crystal clear soles they used on the 00's. They yellow much faster, but I think they look so much better. I also think V's look awesome when they've developed a deep, dark gummy outsole over time.

Maroons and 72-10s have an opaque white tint to their soles, similar to old Reebok Questions. I'm sure this slows down yellowing, but I don't think it will look right on the V's and hope they don't use it. I'd like to see them use the crystal clear soles they used on the 00's. They yellow much faster, but I think they look so much better. I also think V's look awesome when they've developed a deep, dark gummy outsole over time.

Im fine with anything other than Blue
I never got that worked up about yellowing anyway, but the blue tint really throws off the coloring of certain models. Infrared VI's in particular looked awful with blue

It's actually interesting to see what they use the blue soles on and what they use the older, clear soles on. Back in 2014 we had blue soles for days with the 6's that retroed, yet last year we then have the Maroons with the clear alternative. Same with the Concord lows having the blue sole, yet the Cobalt's had the clear version.

Im fine with anything other than Blue
I never got that worked up about yellowing anyway, but the blue tint really throws off the coloring of certain models. Infrared VI's in particular looked awful with blue
just wear your shoes a lot, the tint will wear off

This is the greatest show of all time. VERY pumped. The 2011 pair was bad enough that I couldn't bring myself to cop.

This is the greatest show of all time. VERY pumped. The 2011 pair was bad enough that I couldn't bring myself to cop.

Yes it's the greatest behind the white/cement 4. I passed on the 2011's because of material and I have 2 pairs of 2006's. But when the drop with N/A, I'm in for 1 pair.

Yes it's the greatest behind the white/cement 4. I passed on the 2011's because of material and I have 2 pairs of 2006's. But when the drop with N/A, I'm in for 1 pair.
I actually loved the 2K6. It was one of the pairs that actually looked equally fresh with or without the NA, and the Durabuck on those got the job done. 

Looked too ashy for me.
I can't really tell the difference between the two materials. That being said, I haven't had my 2000's for 3 years when they collapsed on me in high school and I gave the uppers to a friend. Didn't like the 23 on the side, if there was a way to remove it quick..

That new material was nasty. It wasn't even close to durabuck, it was long almost like suede. But buy what you like I'm partial to OG colors, materials since I grew up in that era. New materials and a blue sole looked like a different shoe to me.

That new material was nasty. It wasn't even close to durabuck, it was long almost like suede. But buy what you like I'm partial to OG colors, materials since I grew up in that era. New materials and a blue sole looked like a different shoe to me.
I'm talking about the 2006 release, not the evil 2011 one.

March and still no legit pics huh 
sick.gif

I believe the people who have the past retro and start wearing that retro before the new retro releases be wearing them to do yard work, play in the dirt, and other thing to "beat" them before the new retro releases
roll.gif

It's a joke

Wearing the previous retro once you found out a new one is releasing makes sense. Rushing to Wear the older retro to flex in everyone else before the new one releases is ridiculous. Especially for this release

I really just keep them as a collection and like to keep all my shoe nds. So it's a habit that when I find out a shoe in my collection is re-releasing to put them in heavier rotation. It's just a plus that I get to "flex" with older releases

Back
Top Bottom