Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

cool

seems some of yall pairs got the E right. how is that possible

Absolutely beautifully done retro. I copped two pairs and part of me wants a third. This was the height of Tinker Hatfield design. Please give us White/Black/Fire Red V's with Nike Air soon.

Last edited:
Absolutely beautifully done retro. I copped two pairs and part of me wants a third. This was the height of Tinker Hatfield design. Please give us White/Black/Fire Red V's with Nike Air soon.
And Grapes too.

NA threading those colors would be 
eek.gif

So these squeak? I was already having buyers remorse cause of the price tag, if these really squeak it's the icing on the cake. I'm leaning heavily towards returning them now lol.
Yes, mine squeaked the first day I wore them, about half way into my work day on Wednesday. Mind you I'm on my butt most of the day pushing pixels. So it isn't like I walk around a lot at work.

Return those squeaky shoes asap!  Clean them up and take them back.  If you're nice/polite to the FNL manager they'll take them back.  If not, Nike will take them back.  Don't put up with that given that you can get a different pair easily.  

I have 3s and 4s that squeak, but it's the plastic back tab rubbing against the leather, which goes away as they're worn.  I have a pair of the original Futures (black/white) that squeaked.  I returned them twice (3 pairs total); they ALL squeaked fairly quickly.  Baby powder never worked for more than a few hours.  I finally used Lithium Spray (similar to WD40); after two rounds of that under the insole and it has been cured ever since.  However, I waited so long to wear them that they sold out before I could exchange them another time.  That's why it's good to wear them asap, and if they squeak return them immediately!  I didn't want to return them to Nike (within the 2 yr limit) b/c I actually really like the shoe and colorway, and what remained on eBay was priced too high, so I spent time resolving the issue.

On another note, did they make more of these than the WC4, or was the demand for that shoe higher; or both?

Thanks for the advice. I may hit up the FNL where I bought them and see what they say. I know for a fact they don't have any in store, so would they give me a store credit or refund? If FNL denies me, there is a Nike outlet that I can try to return them to. Would that work? Or would I have to send them in to Nike?

Is squeaking a thing for this release?

For me and a couple others on this forum, yes.

Last edited:
I got my tracking number from a paypal email from them.

This is what mine is saying this morning. Here is the website I used to track it.

https://www.aftership.com/courier/italy-sda
I received my Backdoor pair on Thursday, so I wouldn't go off that site @ruckus2115. I'll have pics of both pairs, later on today. I'll have pics of the rest of my Nike Air Jordan family, also. Once again, congrats to everyone, who was able to cop. @Pain, you're the REAL MVP of this thread G!!! I've repped you like 30 times, my friend.
laugh.gif
@babyJs23 don't feel bad, you'll get your pair someday soon.

Thanks again for the backdoor link G!

wink.gif

I received my Backdoor pair on Thursday, so I wouldn't go off that site @ruckus2115
. I'll have pics of both pairs, later on today. I'll have pics of the rest of my Nike Air Jordan family, also. Once again, congrats to everyone, who was able to cop. @Pain
, you're the REAL MVP of this thread G!!! I've repped you like 30 times, my friend.
:lol: @babyJs23
don't feel bad, you'll get your pair someday soon.

Thanks again for the backdoor link G!

:wink:
900x900px-LL-c281096b_200x200px-ZC-e5140ee4_MJTipsNTHat.gif

FNL should be able to place an order online for you; I've had them do that for me previously.  Not sure if a Nike outlet would take them; I recommend calling in advance so you don't waste a trip.  Worst case you mail them back to Nike, though you'll lose that shipping cost, and you'll need to order a replacement before you get your gift card credit in case they sell out, so you'll be out of pocket on these until you use the credit for the next release.  FNL really should take them back for that defect.  Man, I hope mine don't squeak!

To everyone that's getting squeaking, I'm sorry to hear it. I haven't gotten it yet, but now I'm paranoid that I will. LOL.

FNL should be able to place an order online for you; I've had them do that for me previously.  Not sure if a Nike outlet would take them; I recommend calling in advance so you don't waste a trip.  Worst case you mail them back to Nike, though you'll lose that shipping cost, and you'll need to order a replacement before you get your gift card credit in case they sell out, so you'll be out of pocket on these until you use the credit for the next release.  FNL really should take them back for that defect.  Man, I hope mine don't squeak!
Ok, thanks man. I will keep ya posted.

Why are some of you returning your shoes for squeaking.
Are you talking to me? If so, I would prefer that my brand new shoes didn't squeak with every step I take. It certainly doesn't seem like a trait that a brand new shoe should have.

Are you talking to me? If so, I would prefer that my brand new shoes didn't squeak with every step I take. It certainly doesn't seem like a trait that a brand new shoe should have.
Well there were some others that were talking about it too but you're going to have to break the shoes in. Sometimes it does happen with new shoes.

Back
Top Bottom