Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

What’s your opinion?
Only thing I can think of is that someone within the brand or maybe even MJ himself doesn't like the 4.

Two reasons that I think are significant.

1.) After the 1-2-3 retroed in 94-95 they were going to retro the Jordan 5 in 95-96 skipping over the Jordan 4. 🤷

2.) The 99-00 retro had a significant shape change during the run and the last three colors were pretty far off from the OG shape. Have we ever seen a shape change in the middle of a shoe's retro run? (I mean back then when each shoe had their 1-2 year retro run. It's different now)

Interesting point, and to add to it remember how bad the materials were on the 2004 Classic Green IVs? Coincidentally there on todays anniversaries.
XII Twist (1 Year)
1658639362371.jpeg

XXXVI SE Jayson Tatum (1 Year)
1658639499521.jpeg

I Low Game Royal (2 Years)
1658639413949.jpeg

XII University Gold (2 Years)
1658639459547.jpeg

IV Classic Green (18 Years)
1658639528172.jpeg

Only thing I can think of is that someone within the brand or maybe even MJ himself doesn't like the 4.

Two reasons that I think are significant.

1.) After the 1-2-3 retroed in 94-95 they were going to retro the Jordan 5 in 95-96 skipping over the Jordan 4. 🤷

2.) The 99-00 retro had a significant shape change during the run and the last three colors were pretty far off from the OG shape. Have we ever seen a shape change in the middle of a shoe's retro run? (I mean back then when each shoe had their 1-2 year retro run. It's different now)
Very interesting. Thank you for answering. 🙏

Good question my man.

The first ever Nikes that I can remember my parents buying me were the mid or hightop delta force, can’t remember the year. After that I was fortunate enough to get the air Jordan 4 fire red and the Air Force 3 escape in the same year.

I hope that answers your question, how are you doing Dr?
Your parents are good people. They got the ball rolling. 😎

Doing well, thank you. Struck out on Jackie Robinson Dunks and Travis 1 Lows but that’s par for the course baby.

Your parents are good people. They got the ball rolling. 😎

Doing well, thank you. Struck out on Jackie Robinson Dunks and Travis 1 Lows but that’s par for the course baby.

Unfortunately the rules for par are changing. Used to be 72, now it’s creeping into the high 60s, it’s just impossible to get want you want for retail.

I know, whiny rant, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

Been in this lovely hobby for a long time. The 1999 WC BC retro is the best Retro I have ever worn or owned, hands-down.

It’s not even close baby, IMO.
Outside of the long tongue, JB nailed it with these retros. The shape, shiny netting, and durabuck lines all were on par with the originals. The 4s haven’t been the same since the first run of retros in 99-00. Not sure why they changed the mold but I wish they would go back.

The “we” who actually care about it being a 1:1 accurate retro is in the minority. I said before, those 85 Natural Grey 1s and Georgetowns would have sat if it was a general release. And considering resale prices, I still stand by that.
Those work boots, better known as "85s", ain't accurate to the shape of actual OGs either so there's that.

Been in this lovely hobby for a long time. The 1999 WC BC retro is the best Retro I have ever worn or owned, hands-down.

It’s not even close baby, IMO.
I'll never forget that day. Was at college after 1st morning class and saw a girl wearing them. They just shock dropped that morning I wanna say it was a Wednesday, no release dates or anything. I skipped my next class and IMMEDIATELY raced to Towson mall and copped from sports zone for $99.99 and I couldn't believe it. Man...

Last edited:
Main difference I see is they still don't have the tongue height right. EP a little light lighter, but that's not a big deal. The tongue height NEEDS to be right tho.

Screenshot_20220725-101450_Twitter.jpg

The 2007 & 2013 versions were a joke, so I'm not even going to try to analyze those. Those fell under the era of bootleg looking retros.

In addition to the tongue height being higher than the original and the elephant print being lighter that you correctly pointed out on the 2022 version, I also noticed all the gray parts on the 2022 version are lighter too. And all the red parts of the 2022 are slightly brighter than the original version. The red on the original version has more of a dullness to them, whereas the red on the 2022 version has more of a fluorescent look to them.

The shape on the 2022 version is very similar to the original for the most part, but the height on the 2022 version is lower than the original version.

The width of the air pocket on the 2022 is smaller, whereas it's longer on the original version.

Back
Top Bottom