Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

Main difference I see is they still don't have the tongue height right. EP a little light lighter, but that's not a big deal. The tongue height NEEDS to be right tho.

Screenshot_20220725-101450_Twitter.jpg

OG toe looks weird in that picture.

I'll never forget that day. Was at college after 1st morning class and saw a girl wearing them. They just shock dropped that morning I wanna say it was a Wednesday, no release dates or anything. I skipped my next class and IMMEDIATELY raced to Towson mall and copped from sports zone for $99.99 and I couldn't believe it. Man...

Had a similar situation! It was damn near impossible to get any concrete release info on the black pair. I had driven from the Cincy area to visit some friends in Lexington, KY. There were a couple spots that I ALWAYS made sure to stop by, one of which was a super OG mom and pop spot called Court Sports (RIP :frown:). I was bs'ing with them like always and asked if they had any info on the 4's. The dude said "oh yeah, those will be here on Wednesday (4 days from then). Want us to hold you a pair?" Didn't pay it much attention and told em sure. Wednesday morning comes and I'm at school talking to one of the few shoe heads on campus and it dawns on me that when dude at Court Sports said "they'll be here Wednesday, " he really meant they'd be for sale on Wednesday. My buddy had me run down to the payphone and call them. Said if they were really for sale, he'd drive us down to grab them. Dude confirmed they were for sale, and when I told him who I was and where we were coming from he said "what sizes and how many you need me to hold?" My buddy couldn't get to his car fast enough. Hauled *** down to Lexington and scooped 2 pairs each.

Follow up to that... Fast forward 2 days later to Friday. Heard my local FNL had the OG Flight shirts, so I went to grab one. Had my 4's on and the first thing the FNL manager does when I walk in the door is start grilling me on them. When I got them, where I got them. I told him when, but told him I wasn't gonna say WHERE they came from. Dude was LIVID. Picked up the phone, called another store and starts yelling in the phone about "there's a dude in here wearing the retros. Right now. No idea who sold them, he won't tell me." Then, he flat out refused to wait on me. Walked up to the counter with the Flight shirt, and he tuned and walked to the back. Literally sat there by myself for like 5 minutes, before another employee finally came out and rang me up. :rofl:

Had a similar situation! It was damn near impossible to get any concrete release info on the black pair. I had driven from the Cincy area to visit some friends in Lexington, KY. There were a couple spots that I ALWAYS made sure to stop by, one of which was a super OG mom and pop spot called Court Sports (RIP :frown:). I was bs'ing with them like always and asked if they had any info on the 4's. The dude said "oh yeah, those will be here on Wednesday (4 days from then). Want us to hold you a pair?" Didn't pay it much attention and told em sure. Wednesday morning comes and I'm at school talking to one of the few shoe heads on campus and it dawns on me that when dude at Court Sports said "they'll be here Wednesday, " he really meant they'd be for sale on Wednesday. My buddy had me run down to the payphone and call them. Said if they were really for sale, he'd drive us down to grab them. Dude confirmed they were for sale, and when I told him who I was and where we were coming from he said "what sizes and how many you need me to hold?" My buddy couldn't get to his car fast enough. Hauled *** down to Lexington and scooped 2 pairs each.

Follow up to that... Fast forward 2 days later to Friday. Heard my local FNL had the OG Flight shirts, so I went to grab one. Had my 4's on and the first thing the FNL manager does when I walk in the door is start grilling me on them. When I got them, where I got them. I told him when, but told him I wasn't gonna say WHERE they came from. Dude was LIVID. Picked up the phone, called another store and starts yelling in the phone about "there's a dude in here wearing the retros. Right now. No idea who sold them, he won't tell me." Then, he flat out refused to wait on me. Walked up to the counter with the Flight shirt, and he tuned and walked to the back. Literally sat there by myself for like 5 minutes, before another employee finally came out and rang me up. :rofl:
That store manager: What an effing loser 🤣

That store manager: What an effing loser 🤣

For real. I've never seen anyone get that upset over something that had literally no effect on his life whatsoever. Chain store managers were either super cool or super weird back then. There was no in between. And God help you if you didn't know that store's policies (or lack of in FTL's case) because they'd run all over you. Once returned a pair to a different FTL than the one they'd initially been purchased from, and the manager tried to tell me he couldn't take them back because his store didn't have them in stock. :lol:

Not convinced about tongue length; could be how they're laced and prepped for the pic. re. BM5s, I had the OGs and recall they were quite high; that's what we loved about them as the 3M (first of its kind at the time) was so awesome, and the tongue stuck way up. Really don't find the 2016s to be way off personally.

Metallica from 16 fixed the issue of dull 3m shine but they did look sorta oily on the tongue

Yes, that was the only "issue" with them, but nothing that stops me from enjoying them. Only other "thing" is he general bulky shape and feel of 5s these days, but that's a diff topic.

Not convinced about tongue length; could be how they're laced and prepped for the pic. re. BM5s, I had the OGs and recall they were quite high; that's what we loved about them as the 3M (first of its kind at the time) was so awesome, and the tongue stuck way up. Really don't find the 2016s to be way off personally.
It's been proven in literally 100s of scientific studies that our memories are never 200% reliable and our brain tends to romanticize a bunch of things that we were gone of in our youth... I said that to say it seems y'all seem set on not given Nike their props on this retro. Unless you have your OGs in hand, there is no why you can accurately discount that picture as being inauthentic.

Back
Top Bottom