NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

If my pair comes in looking wrinkly they are going back

Also i get the complaints and we do this all the time...JB hasn't made a true to OG retro in almost forever. But my number 1 need is quality materials. My white cement 4s that are basically made of plastic, with the murderous heal tab are the worst things i have put on my feet. I would rather have good materials with good color and slightly off shape...then shape be perfect with trash leather and a red that is off.

All of these wrinkled pairs have me holding my breath until I open that box once mine are finally shipped to me :blush:

Guess us Shockdrop winners are the test dummies for others to see if they’ll scoop or not when officially released :lol:

C’mon JB this is crazy

I'm not going to complain. I think they're 🔥
20201030_095153.jpg
20201030_095145.jpg
20201030_095138.jpg

DCB1D55E-8BB4-4604-9BD8-4D6565C3B749.jpeg
89B3019B-58B2-46E0-910C-DD5600485B76.jpeg
126DFFDE-06EC-46DE-94DB-CB6DC04D6E7E.jpeg

These are absolute garbage in person. We might be looking at true blue 2.0 here based on QC and materials. Honestly might just skip these all together. Not going through the hassle of buying and returning 10 pairs to find one that isn’t completely defective.

The packaging is better quality than the shoes.

Looking at these pairs makes me kinda glad I took the L. I still want a pair but only if I can inspect in person first. The leather quality looks like 2006 Military Blue quality, which is total trash.

They fixed the 11's and 6's, dunno why they continue to sh**on these. Even the FR 5's were done pretty well. I just hope the Carmines are as good as the Infrareds were.

I don't mind some wrinkling, but some of the pairs up in here are trash. I'd take some minor wrinkling if I get a nice toe box, however, a lot of fugly toe boxes up here in the pics also. Wish I had gotten the shock drop to at least have the chance of a 2nd pair and finding a good one.

There's no way this is only shock drop related. These are already done and sitting in inventory/stores. SMH

This is why I hate that they use full grain leather on white Js these days. I know I’m in the minority but IMO Durabuck is so much better with the matte finish and no pre creasing or material inconsistencies. Those look awful.
You know you make a good point. If they could give us good quality full grain leather like on the OG 13s then I would always prefer that over synthetic because it will last longer than durabuck or nikebuck or whatever the hell they’re calling it. BUT since clearly they cannot deliver a nice soft leather then maybe you’re right to want the synthetic. The inconsistencies are indeed awful.

I just bought an OG pair of flint 13s and am extremely happy fogged hologram and busted air units and all.

My buddy's shock drop 5's came that way too. Not sure if this is just a shock drop issue where they haven't had enough time to put them through a more strict QC check or what, but they seem to be hit or miss lately.
That’s exactly what I’ve been saying. The qc issues on the shock drop 5s were a way higher rate than the normal release.

My angus is peppered for my shock drop pair to come in well below my standards and I will either return it or put em up on StockX.

Shock drop pair came in and I’m not impressed with what was received ... terrible QC on this one, love the shade of red tho . Man I just can’t get over the quality :smh:.

0A7EA425-9577-49CC-8A7E-E8210159A5E9.jpeg

6778065A-368A-4E54-9713-730E3D8CF3B7.jpeg

AFBEFECF-048D-44CA-8F6B-EE8893B058A3.jpeg

A7DBE70A-C9D6-4A6B-A8BD-E051A3B47B47.jpeg

22CE9F61-2D78-45D3-B3A0-5942FB49DE1B.jpeg
Don't worry, they'll look much better after just a few months of wear when the white netting turns yellow ...

Looks like they used better leather on these. I don’t see a problem. The only thing that would bother me is if there is a dent in the toebox from the shoes rubbing together during shipping. To me, it looks like some softer leather. I’d rather softer leather than that trash they were using before. Before it was SUPER TRASH.

Now the build and all is a whole other story.

Looks like they used better leather on these. I don’t see a problem. The only thing that would bother me is if there is a dent in the toebox from the shoes rubbing together during shipping. To me, it looks like some softer leather. I’d rather softer leather than that trash they were using before. Before it was SUPER TRASH.

Agreed. People complained about creasing and inconsistencies, so we got trash like the '13 Fire Red 5s, Motorsport 4s, etc. Then people complained about how trash that was, and now we get this and people are complaining. If you were Nike, what would you do? There's some definite issues in the pics above with major blemishes, etc, but some wrinkling is to be expected with this type of leather.

On another note, amazing my What The 4s are worth more than these now on the open market....SMH.....I'd rather have these...though both would be ideal ;-).

Except it’s not soft. It’s not good leather at all. Nothing like the psg or even the fire red 5. Some people might get pairs with decent leather but the majority get this plasticy garbage.

Except it’s not soft. It’s not good leather at all. Nothing like the psg or even the fire red 5. Some people might get pairs with decent leather but the majority get this plasticy garbage.
I’ll just have to see when I get a pair in hand, but from pics the leather looks fine to me. The wrinkles in the leather don’t bother me at all. Some of the pairs shown have been fine to me. The shoes are supposed to be worn and crease. I’d rather this than the garbage they put out during the first run of Gentry. I could be wrong, but I’ll see when I get them in hand and up close.

I disagree it doesn’t look like they used better leather. It’s the same trash for this huge GR. I guarantee they didn’t improve the quality for a release this size. And for $200.

Agreed. People complained about creasing and inconsistencies, so we got trash like the '13 Fire Red 5s, Motorsport 4s, etc. Then people complained about how trash that was, and now we get this and people are complaining.
I actually like what I see so far with the leather and the wrinkling. It would have to be a MAJOR blemish for me to return.

I disagree it doesn’t look like they used better leather. It’s the same trash for this huge GR. I guarantee they didn’t improve the quality for a release this size. And for $200.
Nah, I disagree. Put these up against the 2012 Military Blue 4 and 2012 White Cement 4 releases and you’ll see the difference and the real trash they used before.

Back
Top Bottom