Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Just the way things are, and is something that can't be changed.

Aquas are my favorite not because they were released the year i was born, or because mj played in them. It's because they look great to me and have since i first started seeing Jordan's.

It's irrelevant to nike though, they just want our money

Last edited:
100% just my opinion, but?

I feel like a % of older heads think, regarding younger heads on J's, that if you DGAF about Jordan AND aren't from the era that birthed this monster, why do you care rn? They feel if you've no connection AND no Effs given, then you HAVE to be 'a bad guy', so to speak.

They also are often times, whether consciously or subconsciously, attaching the Wild Wild West that copping kicks has become to their view of whomever. Especially where flexing is concerned.

So, people get upset. Just kind of is what it is.

There's an argument to be made by younger heads too. I try not to use age as a barometer of much. Just me. You can be young and 'beyond your years', just as easily as you can be aged and 'immature'. Blah. JS.

I'm from the school of:
Like what you like.
Do you.
Look in the mirror before out the window.
Stand by your beliefs, but realize NO ONE has to GAF. And, be GOOD w/that.

If I HADN'T been around to see Jordan do what he did, I'd probably be on all runners. Love Air Max. But, I DID see. So, I still like the kicks. I'm not a fan of how much harder it is to cop than it was years back, but TBH it's w/e. Things change. Adapt and overcome. Control is such an illusion in most cases anyway. None of us can force anyone else to 'be nice', or 'care' at the end of the day. We're better off cracking jokes than fighting. Blah.
Can somebody paraphrase this? I didn't expect to be seeing essays today.

I don't see the problem with these dudes buying the shoes just for looks and not knowing about MJ. As long as they can admit to themselves they don't really like/know basketball

Ha Ha! It's all good and funny to me! Yeah, being 42, I'm in that "old head" section.  Hell yeah, when I was 7, my uncle (who was Cherokee from Cherokee NC) came home and was talking about a kid named Mike: We took notice. I'm a Tarheel. I had to work to pay that whole $65 for the 1, which my parents gave me, instead of paying towards a house payment, or groceries. Here in NC, you had to be 14 to get a work permit. I didn't have the 2's or 3's. My Mom & Pop told me they couldn't afford them, and if I wanted them, I had to get a job. with my 1st paycheck, a $137, I had to give 'em 10 in gas, and they took me to Asheville Mall to get the "new" 4's. All they had was the Fire Reds, and all I wanted was these. It was a buy, and I actually hated them because it wasn't these! I have worked ever since to get whatever I want. I have my 3 sons, 20, 17, and 14, and they love Lebron's, Kobe's, KD's, ect. But, they all work too, and they don't need my permission to get what they want.  They're stoked seeing me finally get what was a grail, but will be in my  possession soon! Kids are kids, that will be adults soon.  I've always been a "lurker" on this from it's inception: It was, and still kinda is, the most reliable source of information that I relied  upon for what my lovely wife would say "Them Jordan's you love". The way the times are now with all that's going on: people shouldn't be arguing over shoes. Bring the "old man" flames if ya want!  I've been waiting 27 years for these, I paid what I paid, I don't own any jeans, joggers, whatever! I'm rocking 'em where ever I go, and won't care what anybody thinks! Too old for that sh*t! Ya'll get along and enjoy your shoes!

I wonder why this "you should know the history behind it, or you shouldn't be wearing it" argument is only applied to Jordans. I find that strange. You never hear this argument with Chuck Taylor's :lol:

I'd say at least half or more of the people who are into Jordans today, don't give a damn about the history. And that's totally fine.

It's just the sneaker community, full of elitists and older heads that have that "i'm older so I automatically know more than you" attitude.

***** stupid

We buy shoes to impress other guys basically

Who cares? I was born in 1990 and definitely didnt watch/understand basketball until my teens, I'm not with that "i'm from the 90's the golden era OG etc etc"

If Chucks cost 200+ and you had to jump through hoops to get them you might hear the same ish. :smile: It doesn't really matter if you know the history but in the JB section of NT there are gonna be members who are passionate about the history. Anybody can wear these for whatever reasons but reducing MJ to a crying meme is gonna get the results you got. Call it one to grow on or not but youth is often wasted on the young...

Last edited:
If Chucks cost 200+ and you had to jump through hoops to get them you might hear the same ish. :smile: It doesn't really matter if you know the history but in the JB section of NT there are gonna be members who are passionate about the history. Anybody can wear these for whatever reasons but reducing MJ to a crying meme is gonna get the results you got. Call it one to grow on or not but youth is often wasted on the young...

View media item 2060114

Aye man, all i wanted to know was if it was okay to wait for the price to go down or hop on the retail, but then all of a sudden...:lol:

Aye man, all i wanted to know was if it was okay to wait for the price to go down or hop on the retail, but then all of a sudden...
laugh.gif
Hop on that retail. Join the squad.

Yo thats a great story :pimp: :pimp:

Respect... curious though, with how significant these are to you, wondering why you didnt scoop em in 99? Just other priorities with the fam?

It's just the sneaker community, full of elitists and older heads that have that "i'm older so I automatically know more than you" attitude.

***** stupid

Who cares? I was born in 1990 and definitely didnt watch/understand basketball until my teens, I'm not with that "i'm from the 90's the golden era OG etc etc"

Most people who are older do know more than you, it's called experience.

Wear sunscreen.

***** stupid

The brand was built off the man who played in that era. By default it is the golden era for him since this is when he played and people watched and experienced it during that time. With that said, Jordan is the most recognizable athlete and has transended generations. I'm probably in that old school camp and while I appreciate the history and had great experiences watching him play at games/TV, etc. I think it's cool that people who are different ages (older, younger, doesn't matter) have a connection to the sneakers and brand.

Always someone that knows more and less than you.

Gotta view these boards as a buffet, take what you like and leave the rest.

Last edited:
That's a great story above.  I'm basically the same age.  The 4s were my first Jordan, however, for me, I wanted the black cements so badly.  I got these WCs, but never liked them as much as I should have b/c I wanted the black ones.  Now I actually prefer the way these look, though black shoes are more wearable for me these days.  I always waited 27 years for these.  Didn't get them in '99 b/c I didn't even know the retro market existed!  I remember in '06 travelling to NYC and visiting a Niketown, and seeing the Military 4s.  I thought "wow, they're selling these again, and for this much money...crazy!".  Then in '13 I got back into shoes, and thinking it's ok to own more than a couple of pairs...heh; I was always practical when it came to shoes (as a kid; one pair per school year).  Was bummed that I had just missed the black cements and white cements in '12.  Jumped on these though!  Anyway, can't wait for the black cements.

One pair per school year.

Haven't thought about that in a MINUTE.

I think that's partially how I got into taking care of them AND wearing them as a routine. Because I was desperate to keep them nice knowing I wouldn't get another fly pair if I ruined them.

Back
Top Bottom