Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Be happy you got a pair yall, Nike's objective in today's world is to maximize profit and minimize, costs, this isn't the 80s where QC and craftsmanship was superior. If they really wanted to they could produce shoes with even cheaper material and increase the retail price and shoes would still sell out. They got us hooked.
Well they have their objectives and the consumer has one of their own. People are becoming increasingly educated on quality and value. This isn't the 80s, you're right. We have internet now. We can compare and contrast now. It would be in Nikes best interest to follow suit and not just make empty promises on the matter. 

Bringing manufacturing back home would:

1. Eliminate a significant chunk of the UA market

2. Drastically improve brand image to the consumer

3. Lower shipping costs and Nike's carbon footprint

4. Create more domestic jobs

Would it raise the prices? That not how economics works. The retail price is determined by what the market will bear. Its no use selling shoes for 250 if no one buys them. On the flip side, if they do then they're obviously worth that to the consumer. 

Id gladly pay another 20ish dollars if it meant I didn't have to think about where they came from anymore and the shame that goes with it not to mention the inevitable increase in craftsmanship.

Got my SNKRS pair in today. Does anybody elses pair have a bluish tint to the sockliner? Or is that every pair in general?
Yup a hint of blue tint to the sock liner on mines but overall I'm happy no one will see that really

My pair coming today, the anticipation is real. What's the verdict on the leather quality of these ones?
the leather quality is better at some parts of the shoe then other you can tell by the creases its softer but they aren't 2012 bad.. It would be a different shoe altogether if they had alt 89 leather so it annoys me when people say that I feel they align with the ogs

So your going to send them back  knowing your not going to get another pair?  Most people  here including myself  while  we wouldnt be  happy  would  just  let it go. 

PERSONALLY, I would send these back. You live to fight another day in hopes of a restock.

Last edited:
i know this is personal preference, but the left and right shoe being identical isn't an issue to me anymore especially since i don't even look at my shoes like that nor do i notice the imperfections when wearing them.

a scuff on the toe box or something like that would drive me up the wall tho. or if the texture of the toe boxes of each shoe was different.

Got my two pairs in today, didn't have time to super inspect them but I was happy with what I saw. The

Im a graphic designer though. My job is made or broken by symmetry. Imperfections are probably way more glaring to me.

Like the guy above, when he's standing with his feet near each other, from behind its going to look like he's doing something sassy with his knee all the time when really he's just standing straight. Or the other guy where he'll look like his right foot is constantly sunk into the 'cement' about a quarter inch because of the lower cut.

Oddly enough, blemishes don't bother me because I can fix that. You can't fix crooked.

Last edited:
I got my pair today, no pen marks nice splatter placement im
happy.gif

To anyone bashing me for being pissed about my defective shoes, trade me your symmetrical pair since you don't see it being an issue, and we'll call it good.

Last edited:

Be happy you got a pair yall, Nike's objective in today's world is to maximize profit and minimize, costs, this isn't the 80s where QC and craftsmanship was superior. If they really wanted to they could produce shoes with even cheaper material and increase the retail price and shoes would still sell out. They got us hooked.
Well they have their objectives and the consumer has one of their own. People are becoming increasingly educated on quality and value. This isn't the 80s, you're right. We have internet now. We can compare and contrast now. It would be in Nikes best interest to follow suit and not just make empty promises on the matter. 

Bringing manufacturing back home would:

1. Eliminate a significant chunk of the UA market

2. Drastically improve brand image to the consumer

3. Lower shipping costs and Nike's carbon footprint

4. Create more domestic jobs

Would it raise the prices? That not how economics works. The retail price is determined by what the market will bear. Its no use selling shoes for 250 if no one buys them. On the flip side, if they do then they're obviously worth that to the consumer. 

Id gladly pay another 20ish dollars if it meant I didn't have to think about where they came from anymore and the shame that goes with it not to mention the inevitable increase in craftsmanship.
have u written to nike corporate about this?

@jessewalls

PERSONALLY, I would send these back. You live to fight another day in hopes of a restock.

Im a graphic designer though. My job is made or broken by symmetry. Imperfections are probably way more glaring to me.

Like the guy above, when he's standing with his feet near each other, from behind its going to look like he's doing something sassy with his knee all the time when really he's just standing straight. Or the other guy where he'll look like his right foot is constantly sunk into the 'cement' about a quarter inch because of the lower cut.
No  one  is looking at a dude that closely  

mrz82 mrz82 My apologies I uploaded the wrong image, and I reside out Newport News. We got snow on Monday but the rest of the week been in the 60s (crazy weather).
I'm in Bad News too homie. My pair got delivered today via UPS. FedEx on the other hand hit me with that severe weather notification and delayed shipment. You didn't cop a pair outta Patrick Henry?

To anyone bashing me for being pissed about my defective shoes, trade me your symmetrical pair since you don't see it being an issue, and we'll call it good.
or stop buying them and then comming here to complain, then starting a petition, then going RIIIIIIIIIIIGHT back for the next release, then complaining and cycling all over again. you sound kind of like a hypocrite the way you complain about how theyre false advertising etc, then admitting you buy multiple pairs to get the perfect pair. dont buy any pairs at all. take a stand.

youre like 1 of those women who get beat by their dude(getting a pair u dont like from JB), and cry about it cuz u know u aint getting treated right and should leave and not mess with that anymore(comming here to preach about taking a stand against nike and their crud quality) but you end up forgiving him and going right back to him(next release, youre copping multiple pairs and settling for the best one) for the same punishment all over lol.

Last edited:
I'm in Bad News too homie. My pair got delivered today via UPS. FedEx on the other hand hit me with that severe weather notification and delayed shipment. You didn't cop a pair outta Patrick Henry?

My man! that's whats up another Bad News resident, and nah I never tried since I was able to cop on the Snkrs app on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom