Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Disagree. It depends on the store and the company.
Exactly. I've been trying to tell yall this for the last few pages. Your usual suspects will have these.
Like I said a few pages back when people disregarded my info...these release on 5/30. Let me just say there's still about 1.5 wks worth of time for stores to receive their shipment.
Your source is accurate.

I know in these Jordan 1 threads the average age of posters are likely under age 25 which definitely contributes to the unnecessary hysteria, but yall need to stop dismissing logic and ignoring the people who are giving you solid info.

There is a demand for these, but these will be available if you do your homework. They're not mysteriously limited like Frags. The black & whites sat for weeks in the DMV. We had numbers. These won't sit most likely, but Nike is producing enough.

If you're near a mall/store that has never gotten retro 1's don't expect it to be different this time. There are places doing guaranteed tix for these. Just call around this week or pm me if you're in the dmv. Good luck & calm down yall.

Yeah, if I say the employee said they received plenty of pairs, he is lying according to others. If I he says they are limited, he is lying. You cant win in here :lol:

I hope these were mass produced.

Last edited:
Yeah, if I say the employee said they received plenty of pairs, he is lying according to others. If I he says they are limited, he is lying. You cant win in here :lol:

I hope these were mass produced.

Exactly. I say if you know your source has no reason to lie then stick with what he's saying. I don't know your source, but what he told you is accurate thus far. Let the peeps in this thread continue to drop hundreds over retail and set up command centers at home just to cop shoes. If you can cop locally do so.

Foot locker asked "Who designed the 1s" on fb a while back. 98% of people thought it was Tink. Then they accused everyone who knew of googling because we couldn't possibly know.
laugh.gif

It was funny but I don't care that new kids don't know. Them spending so much money is what keeps the hobby alive. Heads are the minority in this industry. I just don't know why people get pissed about it so much.

Bet a lot of people who watch movies don't know the creatives behind them. A lot of people who play video games do not know the creative team and creator of their favorite franchises. So why should heads be held to that standard?

+1

I like movies but I normally don't pay attention to who directed it.

I don't think early release/presale are the end all be all. Last year WTL XI presale was pretty high but when they dropped a lot of people ate. People paid that price because of past WTL releases and Nike switched it up. Think I'm gonna change my sig to 'i have no sauce' so people don't take positive thinking seriously, LOL
I just hope these will be limited enuff that you can trade or sell for the amount of the Shadows and Banneds (2013's) I tried on the RD for both of those pairs on my phone at the plantation (work[emoji]128516[/emoji]) and I got nada, waiting in the "NDC line" until it said no more pairs..[emoji]128528[/emoji] but this time around I got some friends with fast servers, and am not paying 300$-500$ for a shoe that people put prices because they feel it's the set price..[emoji]128517[/emoji] I think those "shattered backboards" will be harder to get then the Chicago's, maybe them black/orange ones will be good bait for trades or BS high sales.. But like others in here have said, this shoe started it all and hasn't had the Nike Air retro in 21 years..[emoji]128123[/emoji] So yeah. View media item 1540160

I caved in and paid $250 shipped for preorder. Some will pay $174 (with tax in NYC) so it's about $76~ $90 over retail but at least i know i don't have to break a sweat is well worth it to me. Good luck everyone EXCEPT resellers! lol

I definitely agree these will not be as limited as the frags or the breds knowing they will have family size run but there is a big demand out there, and the corrupt stores that will hook up their homies with 3 pairs

I don't think early release/presale are the end all be all. Last year WTL XI presale was pretty high but when they dropped a lot of people ate. People paid that price because of past WTL releases and Nike switched it up. Think I'm gonna change my sig to 'i have no sauce' so people don't take positive thinking seriously, LOL
I just hope these will be limited enuff that you can trade or sell for the amount of the Shadows and Banneds (2013's) I tried on the RD for both of those pairs on my phone at the plantation (work[emoji]128516[/emoji]) and I got nada, waiting in the "NDC line" until it said no more pairs..[emoji]128528[/emoji] but this time around I got some friends with fast servers, and am not paying 300$-500$ for a shoe that people put prices because they feel it's the set price..[emoji]128517[/emoji] I think those "shattered backboards" will be harder to get then the Chicago's, maybe them black/orange ones will be good bait for trades or BS high sales.. But like others in here have said, this shoe started it all and hasn't had the Nike Air retro in 21 years..[emoji]128123[/emoji] So yeah. View media item 1540160
I'm the opposite, hope there would be enough that they take a few years to have secondary market value. Hope everybody and their momma are able to get a pair, hypebeast, collector, casual sneaker wearer, the old dude at the bar LOL. Trying to cop like everyone else, but if I strike out oh well.(its all wishful thinking but go for yours like they are more limited than anyone is making them out to be..)

Last edited:
This thread is SOOOOOOO BACKWARDS

You guys should be Compiling Links and Times of sites dropping the Kicks n make a File for everyone to update and see the info

All this back n forth Bickering is Weak..and doesn't help

If you know shops that are phone order or Email order - post the Name numbers and info

If WE ALL DO THIS IN HERE FOR THE NEXT COUPLE WEEKS WE WILL ALL EAT LIKE SHARKS

WHILE EVERYONE ELSE STARVES OUTSIDE THE NT POOL!

just saying :\

#NTCARES

I thought there was a list going around..but its RSVP for the secret Society of the AJ1 folks who post in here on the regular..
Where do you RSVP at lol

Exactly. I say if you know your source has no reason to lie then stick with what he's saying. I don't know your source, but what he told you is accurate thus far. Let the peeps in this thread continue to drop hundreds over retail and set up command centers at home just to cop shoes. If you can cop locally do so.

Were you around for the black and reds and royals?

The Chicago 1's will be a limited general release if that makes any sense... They won't be anywhere near fragment limited but they aren't a general release either. It will be a decent amount of pairs

It hasn't been "fun" since the Concords

The Chicago 1's will be a limited general release if that makes any sense... They won't be anywhere near fragment limited but they aren't a general release either. It will be a decent amount of pairs

Which is why paying a pre-order isn't bad

It will eliminate the stress and worry. And most likely prices will be above it.

Either you do raffles..wait on long lines..pay extra..risk striking out online..or finnese the plug....none of its fun. ( well..maybe finessing the plug is...FINNESE!)

my fun is paying retail, without enduring nightmarish lines. Im fortunate if im up, I can scoop a guaranteed ticket from my local shoe spot during zombie hours..Its worth wateva line is there..knowing 100% in adavance im getting my pair at BOX PRICE

This stuff used to be fun.

Amen. I used to get hyped when I copped a pair I really wanted. Main reason why i only cop 3-4 Jordans per year. Part of it is age, but 75% of it is due to the nonsense we have to go through to get shoes. Thats why i just pay resell and call it a day.

Just to give some an idea, made a couple calls this morning, All the retail spots in my area who had B/W 1's confirmed they will NOT be getting these.

This limits them to about 3 stores in 4 malls. 2 of which are HOH.

Still early, a lot of shops won't get their shipment in until next week

Definitely feeling uneasy about this release...I usually can grab 1s no problem at my spots, but hype has got too real on 1s lately. Smdh

Breds, not banneds. Banneds released only in outlets the year or 2 before royals and Breds...

CAN"T WAIT for this damn release. I'm hoping this is gonna be a super GR like Hares/Oreos. I usually wait awhile before I unDS my Js but if I win a raffle for these, I'm wearing them right out the store 
smokin.gif

CAN"T WAIT for this damn release. I'm hoping this is gonna be a super GR like Hares/Oreos. I usually wait awhile before I unDS my Js but if I win a raffle for these, I'm wearing them right out the store :smokin

gonna take a while to lace them up.

Back
Top Bottom