Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
I understand my man, but back in the 90's as kid, I remember and never heard anyone calling all "playoffs" color ways or black/red as "Breds" and I never called them "J's" ether.. Maybe I am not up to new kids lingo.[emoji]128568[/emoji]View media item 1540367

I agree. I used some nicknames like playoffs, space jam, bugs bunny, black toes, Chicago's and hares. I do use the nickname jays (that is how we do it in New York). But you will never see me use breds, raptors and cherrys in my vocabulary.

Last edited:
Nah bro. There are no enforcers over here... :lol:
Haha we are not [emoji]128110[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji] police, we are just old men (feel like it anyway) .. I feel you my man.. [emoji]128074[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji] I just don't know about these new [emoji]128103[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128102[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji] jacks coming up.. They just don't seem to care about history of anything at all.. Word up

Haha we are not [emoji]128110[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji] police, we are just old men (feel like it anyway) .. I feel you my man.. [emoji]128074[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji] I just don't know about these new [emoji]128103[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128102[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji] jacks coming up.. They just don't seem to care about history of anything at all.. Word up

I'm 40 and don't get annoyed if people use nicknames at all. I actually think its insane when people shiver at the thought of saying BRED.

Nicknames are just the outcome of a retro sneaker culture that has been nudged along by Nike to provide free marketing and hype for ALL of their releases. Just look at the Lebron, Kobe and KD lines. They all use the nicknames, when there was never that kind of word of mouth nicknaming of the original Jordan line. I don't care what people want to call a pair of shoes, but I think it's funny that people do it and are really just Nike pawns.

I don't have a problem with nicknames. I just hate when people don't know the accurate names in addition to them. Especially those in sneaker stores.

If I walk up to you and ask you if you're getting the charcoal VII's, don't correct me and tell me Raptor. I'm not going to argue with you. I'm going to shake my head, look at you're an idiot and walk away.

I don't have a problem with nicknames. I just hate when people don't know the accurate names in addition to them. Especially those in sneaker stores.

If I walk up to you and ask you if you're getting the charcoal VII's, don't correct me and tell me Raptor. I'm not going to argue with you. I'm going to shake my head, look at you're an idiot and walk away.
Did you do this at all in 2007 or after?

Back
Top Bottom