Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
It's super hard to strike out on non-collab 1s here. There's a store not many people know about that gets a FSR or two of them.

re-retroing a shoe in 2 years was not that obvious... 

actually it was, JB's re-retroed many classics within only 2 years time. Take a look at the Bred 1's, they were retroing them every 2 years since 09. 

Its funny when people think of it as a given they'll drop anytime soon. We know how JB works. They like to dip into your wallet giving you subpar retros before giving you a perfect finalized piece.

we all wanted OG styling 1s, right?

They'll drop a Jumpman version, and by now we dont fall for it anymore. Then maybe a low, AJKO rendition, or both to fool you a few more times. Then they drop one last one in perfect styling to the original counterparts. We seen it with the Chicagos, UNCs, Black Toes, Blk/Wht and Breds.

-DMP
-Banned...which idk why is counted as a release seeing if you werent in the right state you werent getting anything :lol:
-AJKO
-13 B/Reds
-15 OG lows
-15 OG AJKO???

Odds of us getting a remastered Bred 1 is slim. I think they'll butcher it a half dozen times before we get another spot on retro.

Last edited:
lol yup sounds about right. I think we will see another bred retro in NA Hi form within these next 2 years, seems like the pattern.

Been saying it. the remaster crap is garbage and a ploy

we arent getting a "remastered" Bred 1 for awhile.

Yeah, I was giving Jordan Brand the benefit of the doubt, but I was wrong. I don't see enough of change. The shape and materials of the Marvin the Martian 7's isn't all that great.

Yeah, I was giving Jordan Brand the benefit of the doubt, but I was wrong. I don't see enough of change. The shape and materials of the Marvin the Martian 7's isn't all that great.

I agree. The quality on the Marvin the Martians is sub par, but the rest of the retros that've released this year have great quality imo.

Oreo 4s absolutely crush every other 4 from the past three years in terms of leather quality.

The 10s this year are delicious aswell.

Oreo 4s absolutely crush every other 4 from the past three years in terms of leather quality.
The 10s this year are delicious aswell.

The quality on the Columbia 4's is on point too, and like you said so are the 10's and obviously the Oreos.

The quality on the Columbia 4's is on point too, and like you said so are the 10's and obviously the Oreos.
I didn't buy the Columbias. I know the French Blues had soft leather too.

I buy the remastered gimmick. It's quite obvious if you put two similar shoes side by side that there are quality differences.

actually it was, JB's re-retroed many classics within only 2 years time. Take a look at the Bred 1's, they were retroing them every 2 years since 09. 
This man knows

I agree. The quality on the Marvin the Martians is sub par, but the rest of the retros that've released this year have great quality imo.
JB made it an easy year for me with the shape of the current 7s. But the IVs have been on point imo

We all knew that when JB showed us what they meant by "near OG shape"

Last edited:
the IV's are nice, i just hate the toe honestly. everything else is great

Last edited:
the tumbled leather was 
smokin.gif

Ideally 2 pairs would be great. One pair to rock and another pair to trade for a pair of 1's I missed (looks at shadows from a distance)

Wait so the leather on the DMPs was low quality like the '13s version?
My dmp breds were marginally better leather but the whole shoe just took that feel. Jumpman everywhere, Rolled edge leather. Just crap and every 1 after comes out like a champ. Not sure the intent on that one.

probably not going to even bother on these. the spots near me that get limited releases are a pain to cop at, and online will surely be worse

I like Chicago color ways so I'm going in. Just wish it didn't have the 45 (or weird placement) but definitely a good luck especially given the historical significance.

I like Chicago color ways so I'm going in. Just wish it didn't have the 45 (or weird placement) but definitely a good luck especially given the historical significance.

45 was consider a jinx or bad luck to MJ...dude only had that number for 22 games then switched back to 23 without letting the NBA know. The bulls was fined $25k each game for wearing #23.
After switching back to #23, you already know what happened...

Back
Top Bottom