Nike Air Foamposite One - Metallic Pewter/Black (Spring 2011 - CounterKicks.com)

the average person who walks through the doors at any shoe store has no concept of a shoes concept or history. they see something they like, they take it or leave it. so i would say that on the average, color > concept.

and since foamposites are the flavor of the month, just about any color put out will sell right now. concept or no concept.

lot of good points in here about the coppers

a couple of my friends(most of them watched Penny play while growing up) that have asked me about them when i wear them have always appreciated the "a Penny shoe the color of a Penny" concept....one of them who buys maybe one sneaker a year even wanted me to track down a pair but he wasn't ready for that foamposite price tag
laugh.gif

i also think that coppers will be classics and sought after in a few years by those that can truly say they like the shoe for what it is, i'm already seeing posts on blogs/forums/etc about regrets from people who passed or had them and sold them. that will only increase in time i think.

pewters only have the upper hand for me because i'm partial to grey kicks
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by jwhizzy

shoes came through on thursday. very clean shoe no major defects, just one small glue stain on one pair. but i really hate how eastbay shoes come with a bag since my box was smashed.
shoes definitely look better in person though!

Sorry to hear that.  Do you have any pictures of the box?  Ray and I are compiling comments and photos to forward on as we attempt to get the proper personnel to improve our service in this regard.

EastbayRep - Ryan

Originally Posted by maxpapic

and since foamposites are the flavor of the month, just about any color put out will sell right now. concept or no concept.

that didn't work for nike da last time they tried churning out pointless foamposite pro colorways..see da caro blue and da pro reds....both of those sat hard.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

that didn't work for nike da last time they tried churning out pointless foamposite pro colorways..see da caro blue and da pro reds....both of those sat hard.

exceptions and not the norm though. especially with their current popularity at an all-time high. some will undoubtedly sit though...

Don't listen to those Eastbay Reps. They will never address the problem. If you want it in a box from Eastbay, you have to order two items. Only NDC will double box a single item

Originally Posted by horatio3435

Don't listen to those Eastbay Reps. They will never address the problem. If you want it in a box from Eastbay, you have to order two items. Only NDC will double box a single item

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
So True. They won't double box a $200 pair of shoes, but they will double box a $100 Jordan. Really?

Originally Posted by devildog1776

coppers are an eye sore personally...

Yup very ugly foam in my opinion, and the concept is dumb as well.as far as if you think thats why people buy them, its looks first.

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Originally Posted by horatio3435

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
So True. They won't double box a $200 pair of shoes, but they will double box a $100 Jordan. Really?

We don't have the power to fix the problem immediately, but Jordans are only boxed at all because we kept track of similar comments and concerns regarding packaging on those shoes.  What Ray and I hope is to extend this policy to more shoes, and possibly all of them, so any help we can get to do so brings us at least a little bit closer to being able to affect that change just as was done for the Jordans.

EastbayRep - Ryan

I myself prefer the coppers over the pewters.. I am fortunate enough to have them both, but my choice between the two lies with the coppers... The concept behind the color choice was a cool idea, but did not influence my choice to buy the shoe. Pewters over eggplants though, and royals over all
pimp.gif
Cough drops with the translucent soles hold a special place in my heart as well....  I did not like the cactus, 07 black/reds because of that solid colored sole.. dark armies are ok, but I am good on those... Black/ anthracite's I do regret not grabbing, but I can live with my collection of foam ones that I have now... Black and electric greens will be copped simply because I will get them half off, but I kind of want Nike to chill on the foams before they have so many in circulation they start to lose that wow factor...
eyes.gif

Got mine from NDC. They double boxed and packed the box with bubble packets, so the shoe box and shoes came in flawlessly:
fX7Qk.jpg

BCXUZ.jpg

MwQT6.jpg

Just got my shipping confirmation from NDC! Can't wait to have them in my hand. I think the Black and Electric Greens are definitely smooth BUT I'm starting to agree with others when they say Nike is Over-Doing it with the Foams but hey I'm sure they will come out with something that will make me eat these words so I won't complain! 

Originally Posted by StaceyPatton04

Just got my shipping confirmation from NDC! Can't wait to have them in my hand. I think the Black and Electric Greens are definitely smooth BUT I'm starting to agree with others when they say Nike is Over-Doing it with the Foams but hey I'm sure they will come out with something that will make me eat these words so I won't complain! 

Nice Avy. I remember when he hit a buzzer beater for the Wolves and everyone mauled him on the floor, one of the greatest games I've watched. In other news, I have the Royals and now the Pewters and I enjoy what Nike is doing.

When those two came out, people weren't crazed about foamposites the way they are now though. They are still my LEAST favorite colors, but I believe they would sell better if released today. They definitely wouldn't hit $60 on Dr. Jay's racks again!

Originally Posted by cdynasty24

When those two came out, people weren't crazed about foamposites the way they are now though. They are still my LEAST favorite colors, but I believe they would sell better if released today. They definitely wouldn't hit $60 on Dr. Jay's racks again!
I sold my red pros for $400 off my feet. Bammas are pressed nowadays.

Just got my pewters today from Eastbay an im glad i paid 3 bucks for the double box i didn't have to worrie about mt box getting crushed

Originally Posted by cdynasty24

People didn't care about foams then, only people who actually liked the shoe were coppin em. Mostly all the pros that came out in 02-03 sat. The '02 pearls sold within a couple months but I didn't see them go under $150 in NYC, even the black pros went down to $99 at Dr.Jays. They always came through with putting them on sale

Back
Top Bottom