Nike Air Foamposite One - Metallic Pewter/Black (Spring 2011 - CounterKicks.com)

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Originally Posted by ninjahood

There's probably a reason for that. 
In general silver > copper. No exceptions. Would you EVER buy a copper colored car? There's a reason people wear white gold and platinum jewelry. Who the hell would rock copper jewelry? Nobody looks at the pipes in their basement and says "awww yeeeahh. Breakin' necks son". Copper is just an ugly color.
in this isolated case ya just giving it to da pewters because its "easier to match" when da copper penny foamposites were a way more genuis conception...

da guy's name is penny hardaway, and his shoes are da color of a shiny penny...it gets no better then that.
I'm sorry, but the concept has no value in my eyes. I first care about how the sneaker feels, and second about what it looks like. I couldn't care less about the concept. I'm sure Big Baby Davis having a sneaker made of diapers and baby bottles is a cool "concept" but that doesn't make it a good look. The concept of Larry Bird having sneakers covered in feathers makes sense, but it doesn't make it look good. 
Anyways, look at the AJ13. Does anybody really care about the black cat concept? If it was an ugly shoe the concept wouldn't have mattered. It was a dope shoe and nobody really cares about the concept behind it. 90% of people probably don't even remember that nickname.

Long story short, I don't like the coppers. If you show the average person a pair of coppers and they don't like them, telling them they're a signature shoe for a guy named Penny isn't gonna change their mind. I don't like them, and the concept doesn't earn an extra credit to sway my taste. Just my opinion.

Thats A Lie... If Penny Wasnt His Nickname The Coppers Would Honestly Be Pointless... An As For The 13s When I 1st Found Out That The "Cat Eye/Reflector Jumpman" An The "Paws/Pods" Were Based Off Black Cat I Gained Much More Love/Respect For That Shoe... The Concept Of A Shoe Is What Really Gives The Shoe Its Character...

Originally Posted by Rod301

in this isolated case ya just giving it to da pewters because its "easier to match" when da copper penny foamposites were a way more genuis conception...

da guy's name is penny hardaway, and his shoes are da color of a shiny penny...it gets no better then that.
I'm sorry, but the concept has no value in my eyes. I first care about how the sneaker feels, and second about what it looks like. I couldn't care less about the concept. I'm sure Big Baby Davis having a sneaker made of diapers and baby bottles is a cool "concept" but that doesn't make it a good look. The concept of Larry Bird having sneakers covered in feathers makes sense, but it doesn't make it look good. 
Anyways, look at the AJ13. Does anybody really care about the black cat concept? If it was an ugly shoe the concept wouldn't have mattered. It was a dope shoe and nobody really cares about the concept behind it. 90% of people probably don't even remember that nickname.

Long story short, I don't like the coppers. If you show the average person a pair of coppers and they don't like them, telling them they're a signature shoe for a guy named Penny isn't gonna change their mind. I don't like them, and the concept doesn't earn an extra credit to sway my taste. Just my opinion.

Thats A Lie... If Penny Wasnt His Nickname The Coppers Would Honestly Be Pointless... An As For The 13s When I 1st Found Out That The "Cat Eye/Reflector Jumpman" An The "Paws/Pods" Were Based Off Black Cat I Gained Much More Love/Respect For That Shoe... The Concept Of A Shoe Is What Really Gives The Shoe Its Character...
+1. 

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Originally Posted by Rod301

+1. 
basically...NIKE SB LIVED on re-selling dunks based on concepts and gimmicks for years and years...ya not gonna tell me now that "oh concept doesn't matter"
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

da concept and history behind da sneaker is definitely what gives it its character...why else do da royal blue color sell out SO DAMN FAST? because everyone knows its da OG

color and its stands for da great years of penny hardaway playing for da orlando magic...da copper penny concept itself was genius da way it tied into eachother. pewter is just another

shade of silver b, you're gonna wear with with all da $@%+ you was gonna rock silver with..its just a good retro + colorway, but its definitely taking a backseat to da eggplants and coppers.

It makes no sense to argue opinion so I won't, but this sneaker gets its character from the concept theory doesn't fly very far if at all.

So the eggplants, volt pros, carbon flights, black 1's , dark armies , and countless other hot kicks have no character because they have no concept behind them ? At least that I know of.

Simply put we all like what we like, no need to try and use faulty logic and reasoning to justify it.

You think (he xi's are holy grails because of some silly tuxedo idea or because the shoe is clean as hell?

Originally Posted by MJsaver

It makes no sense to argue opinion so I won't, but this sneaker gets its character from the concept theory doesn't fly very far if at all.

So the eggplants, volt pros, carbon flights, black 1's , dark armies , and countless other hot kicks have no character because they have no concept behind them ? At least that I know of.
eggplants = originally a flightposite I colorway, it was a "crossover" mash up of da foamposite world that enticed us foamposite fans da most out of those..we're talkin about 2009 when

da colorway wasn't whored out.

volt pros = footaction exclusive colorway that became hard as hell to find...it was also da very first pair of foamposites with a smoked translucent sole.

carbonfiber flightposite I's = niketown exclusive that just became ubber rare

dark armies = HOH only colorway that went back to translucent bottoms after da solid red and solid cactus foamposites

we all know that nike can paint a sneaker with da color of turd, and as long as its a HOH only edition there will be lines....but as far as concepts, if its a wide release and da colorway

is well thought and ties well to da concept, it has a wayyy more chance of selling out better.

Exclusivity is not a concept fam , that's a totally different subject.... I'm talking concept as a reason for the color, such as you keep saying about the coppers.

Volts being a footlocker exclusive has nothing at all to do with an idea or concept for the colorway.

Nike chose copper because its the hue of a penny, u still haven't explained why they chose the colors for the shoes I named. All u did was tell us how rare they are, which most of us already knew.

Now if they chose eggplant because that was his favorite food then that would be the concept behind the shoe.

Do you think the tuxedo concept is why the xi's are widely considered 1 of the goat? Hell no , I'd bet a grip most people outside NT even know the concept or history about that shoe. But they'll still line up for em.

if you like them you buy them. Simple as that. But imo Royal >Pewter>Copper>Eggplant

And by the way. Penny is a nickname. Anfernee is his real name. Penny is a nickname because he wore number 1

Originally Posted by KenJi714

if you like them you buy them. Simple as that. But imo Royal >Pewter>Copper>Eggplant

And by the way. Penny is a nickname. Anfernee is his real name. Penny is a nickname because he wore number 1

Nah Penny had his nickname since he was a little kid. From Wikipedia:Hardaway's nickname came as a result of his grandmother's calling him "Pretty" with a southern drawl, thus sounding like "Penny."

Originally Posted by MJsaver

Nike chose copper because its the hue of a penny, u still haven't explained why they chose the colors for the shoes I named. All u did was tell us how rare they are, which most of us already knew.

Now if they chose eggplant because that was his favorite food then that would be the concept behind the shoe.
they also obviously chose eggplant because he played with flightposite I's in da exact same color schemes when he was in da phx suns, which also play into da fact that

pennys tend to drop in purple for that very reason....so it ties into it well.

u don't give sneaker enthusiast, enough credit..plenty of us know da origins of certain sneakers....don't lump in what da general consumer does when da hype match is already lit..

its not fair to da argument.

bottomline is da coppers will be more sought after then da pewters, not just by virtue that they dropped a year earlier, but because people remember concepts like da penny hue

matchin with da nickname, etc.

Aight fam nothin more to say, especially since you pick n choose what to respond too.

I like how u leave out things you have no answer for, like the concepts behind the other shoes I named.... Or my question about the xi concept.

Its way passed pewters and coppers at this point, I was referring to the comments that a shoe gets its " character " from the concept.

I just don't see how that theory works when so many hot kicks have no concept behind the color, whatever works for you though I'm finished.

aint too many hot kicks out with with no kinda thought process in da colorway...veeeery few if we talking signature shoes.

Nobody cares about the concept. Remember those sneaks that were supposed to resemble a basketball years ago that sat on shelves.

shoes came through on thursday. very clean shoe no major defects, just one small glue stain on one pair. but i really hate how eastbay shoes come with a bag since my box was smashed.
shoes definitely look better in person though!

ninjahood wrote:
pewter at da end of da day is just another silver color, how many copper kicks can you name off da top of your head?
There's probably a reason for that. 
In general silver > copper. No exceptions. Would you EVER buy a copper colored car? There's a reason people wear white gold and platinum jewelry. Who the hell would rock copper jewelry? Nobody looks at the pipes in their basement and says "awww yeeeahh. Breakin' necks son". Copper is just an ugly color.

I agree with the copper concept and it's significance, but most people these days are only in to Foams because every one else is. So they're more concerned about matching.

I like both for different reasons. The copper color is so unique but hard to match with anything other than black. Pewters not as flashy but a lot easier to wear.

Just to chime in Coppers>Pewters.. Pewters are nice, but the Penny concept was dope...and the shoe colorway was just so fresh and original at the time.

a concept doesnt make a shoe LOOK better. the LOOK makes it look better.

... just saying

Originally Posted by bigj505

... just saying

This.
I just don't like the color of copper. It has nothing to do with matching or any other nonsense. I don't like the color. The fact that the concept is kinda cool doesn't change that.

bigj505 wrote:

... just saying

Yeah but you'd be lying if the first time you seen the Space Jams in 2000 - you didn't say "these the ones he wore in the movie" because that was something that helped sold that shoe back than, not like the unnecessary hype these days...so the concept of a shoe can actually make it look more appealing to some - but of course that's subjective so to each his own..

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

bigj505 wrote:

... just saying

Yeah but you'd be lying if the first time you seen the Space Jams in 2000 - you didn't say "these the ones he wore in the movie" because that was something that helped sold that shoe back than, not like the unnecessary hype these days...so the concept of a shoe can actually make it look more appealing to some - but of course that's subjective so to each his own..
i actually didnt care for the space jams. i loved the caro blues and the black/reds more. still do actually.

dont get me wrong, concepts are cool and all, but they dont make the shoe better than another nor does a limited tag make something better.

i like coppers but i love pewters. they just look better to me and the general consensus is that royals >>>>> coppers and the royals aint need no stinking concept.

Back
Top Bottom