Nike Air Flight Lite II retro looks to be coming

Sabre Flights are clean, I see them pop up in random sizes on eBay here and there. But yea my pair def a takedown version. Can’t find them anywhere.

Sabre Flights are clean, I see them pop up in random sizes on eBay here and there. But yea my pair def a takedown version. Can’t find them anywhere.

EDIT: I'm not so sure any more. The more I looked, the more I realized your pair isn't an Air pair. All Sonic Flights had Air. These appear to be more in line with the Ultra Flights which were just plain ol' Nike Flights.

Last edited:
I thought about that earlier :lol:

I was gonna post these I picked up awhile back.

20220223_212032.jpg
20220223_212050.jpg

Such a great shoe! Still bummed at how they did the lows. Not one OG color released as a retro. Makes zero sense.

I had those when they originally came out, along with a matching black t with the then-new Flight logo in purple, too. And the Super Dave commercial campaign for the OG Flight Lite was epic.
I only had them a few days when I was outside shooting baskets in my driveway and a little piece of bent metal at the bottom of our garage door caught and ripped the foam on the heel. I glued it back on so it was temporarily barely noticeable, then returned them for something else. Don't even remember what, probably some Jordans.
Along with the OG Barkley Force 180s, that was the shortest run I ever got out of a shoe. My Barkleys, I got them for my 10th grade bball season. Second or third practice in them, the entire red heel section of the outsole peeled right off. :lol:
I think I exchanged those for another pair of Flight Lite 1 lows. Which I later exchanged for the black/white/blue Air Bound 2s after the rubber toe separated from the leather on my Flight Lites halfway through the season LOL

I had those when they originally came out, along with a matching black t with the then-new Flight logo in purple, too. And the Super Dave commercial campaign for the OG Flight Lite was epic.
I only had them a few days when I was outside shooting baskets in my driveway and a little piece of bent metal at the bottom of our garage door caught and ripped the foam on the heel. I glued it back on so it was temporarily barely noticeable, then returned them for something else. Don't even remember what, probably some Jordans.
Along with the OG Barkley Force 180s, that was the shortest run I ever got out of a shoe. My Barkleys, I got them for my 10th grade bball season. Second or third practice in them, the entire red heel section of the outsole peeled right off. :lol:
I think I exchanged those for another pair of Flight Lite 1 lows. Which I later exchanged for the black/white/blue Air Bound 2s after the rubber toe separated from the leather on my Flight Lites halfway through the season LOL

Ahhhh the OG return policy hahaha. Definitely had a few returns for the toe separating and the heel peeling. :lol:

EDIT: I'm not so sure any more. The more I looked, the more I realized your pair isn't an Air pair. All Sonic Flights had Air. These appear to be more in line with the Ultra Flights which were just plain ol' Nike Flights.
Interesting. Yea I don’t know all the tiers of the takedown models, but believe it or not, they’re still pretty comfortable. They feel like a heavier flight lite. I got another obscure pair from I wanna say 94. They’re called Point Flights I think.

Nike Air Prop mid appeared to be a takedown of the Maestro 1, but I may be wrong. No strap, no flight logo, but still Nike Air.
IMG_1613.jpeg

Nike Air Prevail looks like a guard version of the Nike Unlimited. Same midsole and all. Bought both of these in Atlanta back in 94 at Greenbriar Mall. Same day we got robbed at the Waffle House, nearly robbed at our hotel (church choir), and damn near jumped on the MARTA. Wild. Kept my shoes and my wallet though lol.

IMG_1615.jpeg

IMG_1608.jpeg

Last favorite was the Nike Air Lambaste. I always figured it was the true low top version of the GO LWP. I sincerely miss this era.
IMG_1616.jpeg

Ahhhh the OG return policy hahaha. Definitely had a few returns for the toe separating and the heel peeling. :lol:

My Fab Five Flight Huaraches suffered the same fate of the outsole heel peeling. Loads of that shoe had the issue from what I saw, unfortunately.
But man, the return policy back then was solid from stores like FTL. Back when basketball shoes were actually used by players and weren’t collectible fashion and resale items, most stores (and Nike) actually stood behind the products they sold. Sometimes they would try to argue with you, but for the most part you could exchange things that fell apart pretty easily. Poorly or weakly glued outsoles and midsoles were a big problem back then, at least for me.
It happened to me all the time. My OG hare VIIs, the red triangular outsole pods on the sides of the midsole came unglued just from wearing them casually for a couple weeks. I took them back into the FTL I bought them from, and the manager at first tried some BS where he attempted to glue them back on using some ugly orange glue he had in the store. It started seeping out from behind the pods and looked terrible, so he relented and gave me another pair. Not surprisingly, I think I only ever encountered resistance when I (a teen at the time) tried returning stuff myself. But if I took my dad with me and he went up to the counter, no one ever argued with him about it :lol:

Last edited:
My Fab Five Flight Huaraches suffered the same fate of the outsole heel peeling. Loads of that shoe had the issue from what I saw, unfortunately.
But man, the return policy back then was solid from stores like FTL. Back when basketball shoes were actually used by players and were't collectible fashion and resale items, most stores (and Nike) actually stood behind the products they sold. Sometimes they would try to argue with you, but for the most part you could exchange things that fell apart pretty easily. Poorly or weakly glued outsoles and midsoles were a big problem back then, at least for me.
It happened to me all the time. My OG hare VIIs, the red triangular outsole pods on the sides of the midsole came unglued just from wearing them casually for a couple weeks. I took them back into the FTL I bought them from, and the manager at first tried some BS where he attempted to glue them back on using some ugly orange glue he had in the store. It started seeping out from behind the pods and looked terrible, so he relented and gave me another pair. Not surprisingly, I think I only ever encountered resistance when I (a teen at the time) tried returning stuff myself. But if I took my dad with me and he went up to the counter, no one ever argued with him about it :lol:

Yep, my first pair of Bordeauxs went back for that sole peeling off. I may have been guilty of peeling a couple of pairs to make them worse, but they were headed that way eventually. :lol:

Yep, my first pair of Bordeauxs went back for that sole peeling off. I may have been guilty of peeling a couple of pairs to make them worse, but they were headed that way eventually. :lol:
I definitely did the same. If I saw something was beginning to separate on a shoe, I helped it along so I had something significant enough to warrant a trade-in transaction :rofl:

I need the Air Lambaste, it definitely was a low top Air Go. :pimp:

There were soooo many bangers from that era, it's kinda mind numbing. I'm still shocked they brought back the Darwin canvas lows. Supreme or not, I can't believe they gave those another release. I beat multiple colors of those back in the day. Still waiting for the price to drop a little more on those.

Back
Top Bottom