NFL Week 6 In Review....

Speaking of Vick, a lot of people said him playing the Lions was a major factor in him getting big yards and should not be taken as a great performance. I didn't see Eli out there throwing up 400 yards and looking better. Not to say he didn't play a good game as well.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Venom,

- SD's defense is shotty at every position and their running game isn't doing much that's not on Rivers at all. He's putting up points and yards even when Gates and Floyd went down, I'll be damned if the loses get blamed on him. Look at how porous the run defense was in both of those games.

- Miami is a good team with an underrated defense and their offense isn't too shabby either. Plus, GB is hurt everywhere should be no surprise to anyone Miami won that game.
- I understand their defense isn't right, and they lost players in the offseason and what not, but when the Chargers play the Rams...the Chargers need to win that game. Rivers threw a pick and 1 score. It just seems like Rivers is more of a numbers guy, he can put up 350 yds with ease, but the games he needs to win, he doesn't.

- I know Miami has a nice defense, but the Pats tore em apart (with help of special teams) and they are rather beatable. Combined that with Rodgers and playing in Lambeau and I still think the edge has to go to GB. Although I understand your point.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

-Tom Brady....REALLY? Anyone catch his tantrum because he thought there should have been a roughing the passer penalty? Dude was spazzin out....I'm happy Suggs got in his face and let him know. 

Tom Brady on Suggs:

“He had his chance. Maybe if he gets another chance he can try to back those words up. But he had a chance yesterday. You know, we’ve played guys a lot, and they’ve beat us one time in all the times that I’ve played them. They talk a lot for beating us once in nine years.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Venom,

- SD's defense is shotty at every position and their running game isn't doing much that's not on Rivers at all. He's putting up points and yards even when Gates and Floyd went down, I'll be damned if the loses get blamed on him. Look at how porous the run defense was in both of those games.

- Miami is a good team with an underrated defense and their offense isn't too shabby either. Plus, GB is hurt everywhere should be no surprise to anyone Miami won that game.
- I understand their defense isn't right, and they lost players in the offseason and what not, but when the Chargers play the Rams...the Chargers need to win that game. Rivers threw a pick and 1 score. It just seems like Rivers is more of a numbers guy, he can put up 350 yds with ease, but the games he needs to win, he doesn't.

- I know Miami has a nice defense, but the Pats tore em apart (with help of special teams) and they are rather beatable. Combined that with Rodgers and playing in Lambeau and I still think the edge has to go to GB. Although I understand your point.

-Tom Brady....REALLY? Anyone catch his tantrum because he thought there should have been a roughing the passer penalty? Dude was spazzin out....I'm happy Suggs got in his face and let him know. 

Tom Brady on Suggs:

“He had his chance. Maybe if he gets another chance he can try to back those words up. But he had a chance yesterday. You know, we’ve played guys a lot, and they’ve beat us one time in all the times that I’ve played them. They talk a lot for beating us once in nine years.

brady's right tho...the ravens do talk a lot of smack
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

-So about Kolb/Vick.....which QB gives the team the better chance to win?

Vick pulled a !%*#$ (Female Dog ) Move and stayed in the Locker room. what the hell is up with that?  I hope thats just some ESPN BS and not what really happened? if true,
30t6p3b.gif
  let his $** rot on the bench
*Even tho it's not the NFL, please send well-wishes out to Eric Legrand.
Indeed

U see the report before the game w. Sal Pal?  I guess Arthur Blank was waiting to greet Vick, but he never showed up.  "Supposedly" Andy Reid gave Vick persmission to come to the game an hour late.....Something is up....and he was listed as the 3rd QB yesterday. 

Perhaps he was just trying to avoid the media circus and Andy Reid & the Eagles were cool with that.

*shrugs*

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

-So about Kolb/Vick.....which QB gives the team the better chance to win?

Vick pulled a !%*#$ (Female Dog ) Move and stayed in the Locker room. what the hell is up with that?  I hope thats just some ESPN BS and not what really happened? if true,
30t6p3b.gif
  let his $** rot on the bench
*Even tho it's not the NFL, please send well-wishes out to Eric Legrand.
Indeed

U see the report before the game w. Sal Pal?  I guess Arthur Blank was waiting to greet Vick, but he never showed up.  "Supposedly" Andy Reid gave Vick persmission to come to the game an hour late.....Something is up....and he was listed as the 3rd QB yesterday. 

Perhaps he was just trying to avoid the media circus and Andy Reid & the Eagles were cool with that.

*shrugs*

He has to throw the ball so many times though, he's bound to get picked. He's bombing it out there to Patrick Crayton who can't do anything after the catch and they let Jackson run wild and Bradford basically pick them apart.

There are only 2 or 3 QB's I'm taking before Rivers.

He has to throw the ball so many times though, he's bound to get picked. He's bombing it out there to Patrick Crayton who can't do anything after the catch and they let Jackson run wild and Bradford basically pick them apart.

There are only 2 or 3 QB's I'm taking before Rivers.

From Peter King:

I said this on NBC last night, but it bears repeating: Vick and Kolb like each other. When Vick hugged Kolb after the game, he said to him, "I'm proud of you.'' They're in a tough spot. Both want the starting job. Neither will submarine the other. "It helps that me and Michael are so close,'' he said. "There've been times I've had to rally myself a little bit. I won't lie. It's been tough. We've just said to each other, 'Whoever's in there, let's just keep playing our butts off.''

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/10/17/mmqb/index.html#ixzz12jUMaTK3

From the same MMQB article:

a. The wholesale jumping to conclusions when Mike Vick didn't show up with the rest of the team Sunday morning in Philadelphia. Andy Reid knew Vick was going to be the third quarterback against Atlanta. He knew Vick, in fact, was only going to play in the event of injuries knocking out Kolb and backup-for-the-day Mike Kafka, and he was inclined to have Vick spend the day in the locker room anyway, so as to avoid any physical contact on the sidelines during the game. It was a large non-story.

From Peter King:

I said this on NBC last night, but it bears repeating: Vick and Kolb like each other. When Vick hugged Kolb after the game, he said to him, "I'm proud of you.'' They're in a tough spot. Both want the starting job. Neither will submarine the other. "It helps that me and Michael are so close,'' he said. "There've been times I've had to rally myself a little bit. I won't lie. It's been tough. We've just said to each other, 'Whoever's in there, let's just keep playing our butts off.''

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/10/17/mmqb/index.html#ixzz12jUMaTK3

From the same MMQB article:

a. The wholesale jumping to conclusions when Mike Vick didn't show up with the rest of the team Sunday morning in Philadelphia. Andy Reid knew Vick was going to be the third quarterback against Atlanta. He knew Vick, in fact, was only going to play in the event of injuries knocking out Kolb and backup-for-the-day Mike Kafka, and he was inclined to have Vick spend the day in the locker room anyway, so as to avoid any physical contact on the sidelines during the game. It was a large non-story.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by dland24

- Alex Smith played 2 good games back to back

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

what are you laughing at?

compared to the 1st 4 games of the season, the last 2 by Smith have been Peyton-esque
Wait so your getting on Rivers but your giving credit to a guy who completed less than 50% of passes and calling it "Peyton-Esque"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

compared to the 1st 4 games of the season, the last 2 by Smith have been Peyton-esque
Wait so your getting on Rivers but your giving credit to a guy who completed less than 50% of passes and calling it "Peyton-Esque"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

ive never been soo mad after that chiefs game. but its all good, were not going to lose our next 4.

cant wait to see that dallas last play of the game laterals on ESPNs not top 10 this friday
laugh.gif

torain
pimp.gif

ok rams, i see you...

ive never been soo mad after that chiefs game. but its all good, were not going to lose our next 4.

cant wait to see that dallas last play of the game laterals on ESPNs not top 10 this friday
laugh.gif

torain
pimp.gif

ok rams, i see you...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Whaaaaaat?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

There's no question that Smith played well in the 2nd half yesterday and also at the end of that Eagles game. But that was hardly "Peyton-esque". He's also looked very "pathetic" this season. The key for him is to develop some consistency. Yesterday was a start as he didn't turn the ball over, but it'll take more than a few good drives for 49er fans to have restored confidence in him, and for good reason. 

I would say, compared to the 1st 4 games of the season, Smith has actually looked like an NFL QB somewhat the past two games.

From Peter King:

Wait....WHAT????!!!?????  There's NO WAY I'm buying this excuse.....i'm sure the truth will never come out, but c'mon now.....there's gotta be something else there

From Peter King:

Wait....WHAT????!!!?????  There's NO WAY I'm buying this excuse.....i'm sure the truth will never come out, but c'mon now.....there's gotta be something else there

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Whaaaaaat?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

There's no question that Smith played well in the 2nd half yesterday and also at the end of that Eagles game. But that was hardly "Peyton-esque". He's also looked very "pathetic" this season. The key for him is to develop some consistency. Yesterday was a start as he didn't turn the ball over, but it'll take more than a few good drives for 49er fans to have restored confidence in him, and for good reason. 

I would say, compared to the 1st 4 games of the season, Smith has actually looked like an NFL QB somewhat the past two games.

Back
Top Bottom