NFL Week 14 In Review...

So, the majority thought. I never felt that was the case with Foles.

Regardless, It doesn't have to be a team with the biggest turnaround differential, but KC has had the D in place for 3 years, so obviously something had to click, right? Well, we've all heard the saying about a great defense is a good offense and Andy Reid has has helped in that aspect and turned an underacheiving group into one of the better teams in the league, and he's doing it with a misfit quarterback.

With Chip, it's not the system. His same M.O. was leading to a 3rd or 4th place finish with Vick under center...The main factor in their turnaround play has been Foles' efficient play and as in the same saying from above, the defense has benefitted from an offense that now scores points and sustains drives. It's cut and dry in pinpointing where the Eagles started to win games. It was when Foles became the starter.
I would probably give it to Belicheck myself if things continue on this path.  Or Pete Carroll.  Maybe that's a homer position but if there's one team that's top 5 in defense, offense, and special teams don't they deserve to be in the conversation?  Or is that coach disqualified because his team didn't suck the year before.

Panthers:

• Honestly, I knew last night's game was gonna go the way it did. Saints fresh off getting washed by SEA, back in the dome. Being on primetime kinda just guaranteed the L playing there.

• Rivera should still be firmly in the CotY discussion, though I'd understand if Chip or Bill won this year.

• Straight basura up front on both sides of the ball...main reason why we lost.

• Our offense...:smh:...WRs can't get separation, RBs aren't really effective (though running out of shotgun half the time doesn't help...), Cam still holding on to the ball too long at times. It's criminal how Shula only can call only one or two designed runs for him over the course of a game...

• Gotta have at least 2 of these last 3 to ensure a playoff berth. Jets game is a must win, no question...think we'll bounce back nicely tho.

• Possible, yet unlikely that we get the 2 seed. With that being said, I'm not comfortable with our possible first round matchups after the past few weeks. GB/DET especially, PHI to a lesser degree. All this goes out the window if we draw DAL or in the WC round. Same for CHI if they win the North.

Last edited:
So, the majority thought. I never felt that was the case with Foles.

Regardless, It doesn't have to be a team with the biggest turnaround differential, but KC has had the D in place for 3 years, so obviously something had to click, right? Well, we've all heard the saying about a great defense is a good offense and Andy Reid has has helped in that aspect and turned an underacheiving group into one of the better teams in the league, and he's doing it with a misfit quarterback.

With Chip, it's not the system. His same M.O. was leading to a 3rd or 4th place finish with Vick under center...The main factor in their turnaround play has been Foles' efficient play and as in the same saying from above, the defense has benefitted from an offense that now scores points and sustains drives. It's cut and dry in pinpointing where the Eagles started to win games. It was when Foles became the starter.
Yes Foles play has been a huge factor but Kelly is a huge part of that... With Kelly Foles has had a 7TD game, McCoy just broke the franchise rushing record, Desean is having a career year, Riley is coming into his own, the defense with a completely new secondary and scheme (switch from 4-3 to 3-4) hasn't allowed more than 21 points in 9 straight weeks... Amazing how he has turned this team around without really even having a chance to build his type of team.

Andy inherited a team that already had 6 pro bowlers on the roster and suffered last year mainly because of injuries to key players.  Don't get me wrong Andy has done a great job this year but I definitely feel like he has done a little less but with more.  Also Alex Smith was winning just as many games in SF so it's not like Andy rejuvenated his career.  But we will see at seasons end, I can't care less just happy to see Chip and this team thriving.

Why not Payton?

Saints didn't have him last year, you saw how that turned out.

He comes back, they're atop the division, 2nd in the NFC.

Brees is a dark horse MVP, Graham's having a career year.

Payton, Belicheck, Reid, Kelly. One of those 4.

True. Arizona's been flying under the radar something crazy this year.

Why not Payton?

Saints didn't have him last year, you saw how that turned out.

He comes back, they're atop the division, 2nd in the NFC.

Brees is a dark horse MVP, Graham's having a career year.

Payton, Belicheck, Reid, Kelly. One of those 4.
I would say the amount of credit Rob Ryan is getting probably hurts Sean Payton's chances.

Josh McCown looked that good because of two reasons. Trestman and Dallas' defense being sushi.

Chip Kelly and the Philadelphia Eagles are pleasantly surprising me. But I'll continue to temper my expectations after last year's (Emmitt) debacle.

Props to Arians and the coaching staff for holding the defense together after Horton left. Another test with Mathieu done.

Back
Top Bottom